Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Plenty of pressure cooker recipes will ask you to let it depressurize naturally over 10-20 minutes rather than tilting the valve cap and letting all the steam out quickly. In this case the recipe has you cook the chicken through and shred it (if it shreds easily, it’s definitely dead) before you even put the lid on, so it’s pretty impossible to undercook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I can always smell the last dish I cooked on that gasket, and it's never flavored anything I've made next, including white rice, but otoh yogurt is going to be in there a looooong time

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

poverty goat posted:

Is a smelly ring even a problem for anything except yogurt, which you can do without the ring in?

I don't think so. I do curries and white rice a lot and the rice has never had an off flavor.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Has anyone actually had their next meal come out tasting faintly of curry due to the ring retaining odors? I've gone curry -> plain white rice plenty of times with no problem

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

wallaka posted:

I'll never buy a Ninja product again after my wife bought the useless blender with a dozen useless attachments.

all my friends keep buying these over and over even after I show them my vitamix :smith:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Arkhamina posted:

My two cents, but it not the best slow cooker. Can scorch things that sit flush to the bottom. You can use a rack if there is enough liquid, to move things off the bottom.

Do the newer instant pots with more settings solve this problem? I get the same thing, and also have to do sautés in a separate skillet because the sauté settings on my IP duo are basically scorch, extra scorch and mega scorch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

Can Kenji’s three ingredient Mac and cheese be in in the instant pot?

https://www.seriouseats.com/ingredient-stovetop-mac-and-cheese-recipe

Yeah, I'd guess the sauté setting would put out enough heat to boil that much water easily

e: though it might not go low enough to prevent sticking or scorching once you add the milk and cheese. I suppose you could just set it to warm or turn it off completely