Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
Isn't part of the point of going with 2012 r2 that it supports client backup and restore out of the box (including dedupe)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
If I'm using DrivePool without any kind of duplication, and one of the drives fails, I'll still be able to use the data that's on the rest of the drives in the pool, correct?

Do the files that were on the dead drive just disappear? Does DrivePool give you any list or readout of the specific files that were lost?

I'm planning on setting up a pool using 5x2TB drives. I don't want to use duplication because I'd like 10TB of space instead of 5TB. The Pool will be backed up over the network once a week or so to several drives. So if I do lose a drive, I'll be able to restore from my backup drives, as long as I can get a readout of exactly what was lost.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
You'll be able to just use the other drive and keep going, yeah. You can also specify the balancing, I have some types of content on one drive and the rest on another. That makes it easier to know whats missing. If you don't want to do that what I did as a workaround was schedule a batch script in Windows to dump the directory contents of the whole thing, it runs like once a week and gets emailed to me. Just a simple dir /S > dump.txt type script. That way if I lose a drive I can just run a diff on the old contents and if necessary get back whatever was lost.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Gunslinger posted:

You'll be able to just use the other drive and keep going, yeah. You can also specify the balancing, I have some types of content on one drive and the rest on another. That makes it easier to know whats missing. If you don't want to do that what I did as a workaround was schedule a batch script in Windows to dump the directory contents of the whole thing, it runs like once a week and gets emailed to me. Just a simple dir /S > dump.txt type script. That way if I lose a drive I can just run a diff on the old contents and if necessary get back whatever was lost.

Great plan actually. And yeah when a drive drops the pool goes into read only mode. Drives are formatted with NTFS as usual and there is just a hidden folder with the pool folders inside it. Super simple to restore from another computer if necessary.
I've set up abround 10 DrivePools and none have lost anything which is pretty nice.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I got a Veeam question I hope someone can help clarify. I don't know if the salesguy I dealt with hosed up, or we just had a weird misunderstanding or what. He just had a kid so he's out of the office for a week, and I'm not going to push the issue with him until he's back.

We have a NetApp for our primary storage. It has 3 volumes; one LUN is a vmfs that stores all of our VMware VMs and whatnot, while the other two are ntfs for exchange and file server storage. The two ntfs LUNs are just mounted as an iscsi drive on the exchange server and file server respectively. I was told Veeam would back all of this up.

Veeam is connected to the NetApp. It sees all the volumes, but can only run backup jobs on the vmfs volume. The two ntfs however, I can't do anything with. I can run a file copy job if I add the corresponding vm that mounts the LUN, but that's hardly a solution. I can't find a way to add the non-vmfs to any sort of proper backup job. Is this correct? Can I not do anything with the non-vmfs LUNs?

Worst case scenario I'm going to have to create new vmfs volumes, create a huge fuckoff disk on it, and attach that disk to the exchange/file servers. Then migrate the data without loving everything up. Even then, I don't know if Veeam will back them up properly, because they're not VMs. That'll be a huge pain in the rear end, so I'm hoping for a better way.

Any advice?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I got a Veeam question I hope someone can help clarify. I don't know if the salesguy I dealt with hosed up, or we just had a weird misunderstanding or what. He just had a kid so he's out of the office for a week, and I'm not going to push the issue with him until he's back.

We have a NetApp for our primary storage. It has 3 volumes; one LUN is a vmfs that stores all of our VMware VMs and whatnot, while the other two are ntfs for exchange and file server storage. The two ntfs LUNs are just mounted as an iscsi drive on the exchange server and file server respectively. I was told Veeam would back all of this up.

Veeam is connected to the NetApp. It sees all the volumes, but can only run backup jobs on the vmfs volume. The two ntfs however, I can't do anything with. I can run a file copy job if I add the corresponding vm that mounts the LUN, but that's hardly a solution. I can't find a way to add the non-vmfs to any sort of proper backup job. Is this correct? Can I not do anything with the non-vmfs LUNs?

Worst case scenario I'm going to have to create new vmfs volumes, create a huge fuckoff disk on it, and attach that disk to the exchange/file servers. Then migrate the data without loving everything up. Even then, I don't know if Veeam will back them up properly, because they're not VMs. That'll be a huge pain in the rear end, so I'm hoping for a better way.

Any advice?

My general experience with sales guys will be that they'll say "of course that will work!"

The good ones might do some rudimentary fact checking. The greedy ones will not. The nuances will not be considered.

Might want to check with their Support as well.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Any advice?

Yeah I think you got screwed on this one.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Maneki Neko posted:

Are the file & exchange servers VMs?

Yes, and the VMs themselves can be backed up properly. The exchange and file share data volumes are mounted through iscsi within Windows.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I've been using Crashplan at home for about a week and it's been horrifically slow to upload my data. I have 15Mbps upload on my line but Crashplan is stuck at 1.5, even with zero throttling set in the application. At this rate it's going to be a long time before all my stuff (less than a terabyte) is uploaded.

Is retrieval also going to be this slow? If I have to wait weeks to get all my data back I may as well not get it back at all. Is there a way to improve the upload speed? Are there alternatives that are faster?

EDIT: I'm in the UK if that makes a difference

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 8, 2016

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I've been using Crashplan at home for about a week and it's been horrifically slow to upload my data. I have 15Mbps upload on my line but Crashplan is stuck at 1.5, even with zero throttling set in the application. At this rate it's going to be a long time before all my stuff (less than a terabyte) is uploaded.

I have never used Crashplan, but I looked into it, and was told by their representatives that, and I quote, " We expect our customers to experience [upload] speeds in the 1 to 5 Mbps range."

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Is retrieval also going to be this slow? If I have to wait weeks to get all my data back I may as well not get it back at all. Is there a way to improve the upload speed? Are there alternatives that are faster?

It's not uncommon for those cheap, unlimited consumer backups to have some kind of upload throttling in place. Most of them don't throttle downloads though.

I don't know for sure if Crashplan has throttling, but I think they do. Carbonite used to throttle heavily, but recently (last year) removed upload throttles for their personal plans. Or raised the max speed cap significantly. Something like that. It's pretty good now.

Geolocation can matter too, since most of these services use US-based datacenters. The latency involved in connecting and uploading each chunk of data can cause pretty big slowdown for international customers. Again, I can't comment if that's affecting you, but it's probably not helping.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

FWIW the Linux client is unthrottled. I downloaded and then uploaded several hundred gigabytes of stuff in an afternoon on it when their TOS changed a few weeks ago. No way was I gonna do that on the Windows client since it would have taken weeks.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Anyone used altdrive as an alternative to crashplan? The website and client look old, but the blurb sounds fine.

I too am finding crashplan upload slow, UK.

E: Just had a look at the trial and it seems slower than Crashplan.

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 9, 2016

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

emocrat posted:

I have never used Crashplan, but I looked into it, and was told by their representatives that, and I quote, " We expect our customers to experience [upload] speeds in the 1 to 5 Mbps range."

drat

ConfusedUs posted:

It's not uncommon for those cheap, unlimited consumer backups to have some kind of upload throttling in place. Most of them don't throttle downloads though.

I don't know for sure if Crashplan has throttling, but I think they do. Carbonite used to throttle heavily, but recently (last year) removed upload throttles for their personal plans. Or raised the max speed cap significantly. Something like that. It's pretty good now.

Geolocation can matter too, since most of these services use US-based datacenters. The latency involved in connecting and uploading each chunk of data can cause pretty big slowdown for international customers. Again, I can't comment if that's affecting you, but it's probably not helping.

Thanks, I might give Carbonite a go and see if it's any better

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

MeKeV posted:

Anyone used altdrive as an alternative to crashplan? The website and client look old, but the blurb sounds fine.

I too am finding crashplan upload slow, UK.

E: Just had a look at the trial and it seems slower than Crashplan.

I downloaded it to see. They have typos on a bunch of their web pages and just a very hodgepodge feel to the client. Not exactly instilling confidence in them.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Carbonite used to throttle heavily, but recently (last year) removed upload throttles for their personal plans. Or raised the max speed cap significantly. Something like that. It's pretty good now.

Carbonite used to throttle when you had 200GB+ of data backed up on their servers. They removed that in late 2014, iirc.

To be transparent, there always was an actual cap of bandwidth on the endpoint products, now it's just generally enforced. 10Mbit for the personal plans, 20Mbit for the pro plans. Carbonite Server Backup doesn't really have a limit per se, but I doubt you'll ever reach it outside of using google fiber or hardware bandwidth capacities for your machine. By the way, that's total bandwidth, up or down is about 10/20mbit afaik.

That being said: most consumers do not have 10mbit+ upload speeds, and if you do, you are the outlier.

On the topic of Veeam, I've been reading their support KBs over the past couple months, and their KBs are loving awesome (compared to some companies). Their backup sounds awesome, but I've had zero experience with them.

On that note, if you are into Tape backups (or BYOC), you should totally get your hands dirty with the Zmanda product, it's awesome and has been around for 20 years.

clockworkjoe posted:

I just realized I had another limitation - I am capped on my total bandwidth used per month by my ISP. I can see Crashplan can limit speed, but I would like to cap total data uploaded to the backup service. Is there a service that lets me set something like only upload X gigs a day or something like that?

Carbonite can limit how much bandwidth on the endpoint product uses but nothing that just turns off after say x gigs of bandwidth. You'd be better off installing netlimiter or something and using that to manage on a OS or Router level.

Ashex posted:

I've been using Crashplan for a few years with no real issues, it's saved my rear end multiple times when my raid failed in the media server. I'm due to renew and am reconsidering it's continued use.

My main gripe is that I have a media server at home running crashplan which my laptop and desktop backup to, unfortunately Crashplan doesn't allow the media server to push those backups to the cloud so only the contents on the server are being backed up offsite.

I have roughly 850GB of data I'd backup at once with incremental backups around 300-400MB a week. Considering I pay $60/mo, would it make sense to switch to something like Amanda and backup to s3? I'd have to setup some policies to push things to Glacier in order to reduce S3 costs so I'd be able to drive the cost down a bit but I'm guessing at best I'll break even with what I currently pay, on the other hand I'd have all my systems backup up off-site.

As far as I know, there's nothing on the cheap end that can do offserver for the price you're looking for, though I suppose you could look into amanda backup solutions. I believe? Amanda is open source but you wont get any support from it outside of the forums. Zmanda is basically Amanda backup but with paid support. The same people who work on Amanda also work on Zmanda, and is owned by Carbonite.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 11, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Carbonite Server Backup doesn't really have a limit per se, but I doubt you'll ever reach it outside of using google fiber or hardware bandwidth capacities for your machine.

Oh yeah, the server backup has been able to saturate literally every connection I've thrown at it, including transfers from AWS systems to Amazon S3 storage. As long as you save your backups locally first, it will upload as fast as your network allows. I've seen multiple Gbps.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

On that note, if you are into Tape backups (or BYOC), you should totally get your hands dirty with the Zmanda product, it's awesome and has been around for 20 years.

gently caress tapes. I understand their purpose, but holy gently caress does it lead to some convoluted backup schemes.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

gently caress tapes. I understand their purpose, but holy gently caress does it lead to some convoluted backup schemes.

Some IT are literally crazy. Overhearing our Zmanda support teams, there are some facepalming IT professionals who make me sad.

I can totally understand where they're coming from, however.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Has anyone used Veeam for physical server backups?
What did you like/dislike?

Does anyone recommend anything for physical backups?

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm going to be doing a POC tomorrow with a Nimble rep to do exactly this (Large VMware environment but IT has a physical file server that we need backups of).

I'll report back and let you know!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ConfusedUs posted:

Do you mean Towers of Hanoi or incremental? They seem pretty simple to me? :confused:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Wicaeed posted:

I'm going to be doing a POC tomorrow with a Nimble rep to do exactly this (Large VMware environment but IT has a physical file server that we need backups of).

I'll report back and let you know!

Awesome! Thanks!
I was looking at Veeam, Nimble, ArcServe, and Macrium so this will help check at least one off my list.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tesseraction posted:

Do you mean Towers of Hanoi or incremental? They seem pretty simple to me? :confused:

Oh neither of those are complex on their own. They can get complicated if you have convoluted retention schemes with backups that span multiple tapes, which does confuse people.

But worse, too many people will try to (for lack of a better term) 'game the system' for some minor cost savings in the number of tapes they need.

They attempt to reuse tapes, try fit incrementals on tapes that are already partially used, and try to set up little partial cycles of differential + incremental backups that are deleted after the next differential takes place.

Most backup programs will manage things for you, but I've seen dozens and dozens of cases where they just would not let it lie. They would not buy the one more tape they really need in favor of trying to much things up manually.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh that's fair enough, then. I'll go back to petting my LTOs.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

How exactly are you going to use Veeam for physical server backups? With their endpoint agent?

insularis
Sep 21, 2002

Donated $20. Get well, Lowtax.
Fun Shoe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I use it with paid Veeam B&R Enterprise for a couple of physical servers and a few critical workstations (applications that are sensitive, require special equipment, and hard to set up from scratch in a hurry).

It's nice. The client app is simple and uncluttered, the scheduling works, and you can send the backups to a Veeam repository where you can centrally manage it.

No issues to report, it just works.

Now, if there were only something good for my three ancient Win2K boxes that don't support PXE, USB, or CD boot and can't be updated due to requiring 16 bit apps and (I poo poo you not) ISA bus cards.

Shroom King
Sep 3, 2011

I see a lot of discussion about using cloud-based storage (Dropbox, etc.).

Do you really trust these services with your sensitive files (tax documents, medical records, etc.)?

If Playstation Network and Apple's Iphone cloud can get hacked (The Fappening), I would rather drive to the bank and pay for a safety deposit box for off-site storage than using a service that lacks the deep pockets of Sony or Apple.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

There's a big difference between cloud storage/sync services like Dropbox and the backup services discussed in this thread.

The storage services are all about having your data right there available quickly and easily between devices. I'd say there's some potential for malicious fuckery there.

The backup services are all about storing your files in a protected manner. Most use some form of encryption, and most of those also offer some kind of private key encryption. There's still some potential for malicious fuckery, but if you use a private key to encrypt, you're unlikely to have any information taken in a format usable to the fuckers who stole it.

In the end, though, it really comes down to weighing your risks. Is your time and effort in getting drives, rotating drives, taking the drives to a bank, and doing all that in a rotation worth more or less than the possible risk of maybe something bad happening to your cloud backups?

Only you can decide. Most will go the way of convenience.

Shroom King
Sep 3, 2011

This thread has compelled me to buy an SSD for my laptop and clone my existing drive onto it (it is 3.5 years old). I really want to keep Windows 7 as long as possible, so the existing HDD will be a backup.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Okay, a question if Acronis (Cloud) is really as crappy as I've come to think...

I just inherited a server running in a 3rd party DC (it's a hyperV VM) that had Acronis Backup Cloud running on it - all fine and dandy, backups claiming to be there, etc.

But we're looking to decommission/move the server, so now attempting to do a restore from the Acronis Cloud to the main DC we've got (esx based) to do testing and we're getting timeouts and basically unable to restore from them [connectivity is verified/fine at Gbps speeds]. Acronis is basically telling us "known issue and we're going to roll out an update soon to our cloud".

Is this actually a real thing?

Edit: Alternative solutions to replace Acronis?

unknown fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 4, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

unknown posted:

Okay, a question if Acronis (Cloud) is really as crappy as I've come to think...

I just inherited a server running in a 3rd party DC (it's a hyperV VM) that had Acronis Backup Cloud running on it - all fine and dandy, backups claiming to be there, etc.

But we're looking to decommission/move the server, so now attempting to do a restore from the Acronis Cloud to the main DC we've got (esx based) to do testing and we're getting timeouts and basically unable to restore from them [connectivity is verified/fine at Gbps speeds]. Acronis is basically telling us "known issue and we're going to roll out an update soon to our cloud".

Is this actually a real thing?

I can't speak to their cloud offerings. It sounds plausible, though.

I'm not a fan of Acronis. Their custom VSS Provider has issues. Most notably, it can cause a number of problems with non-Acronis backup software.

Example: https://social.technet.microsoft.co...um=winservergen

That post is five years old. I ran into the same issue last week. They haven't fixed it.

It's been around so long that I've often wondered if they deliberately don't fix it. Maybe because it makes people less likely to switch away from Acronis? Think about it. Other products are likely to fail backups for weird and esoteric reasons as long as Acronis is installed. So someone who's thinking about switching probably won't, unless they figure it out.

As for what can replace Acronis: What are you trying to do? What are your requirements? Simple file backup? Bare metal? Any databases involved? Exchange?

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Bare metal is really what I want, but we only have access to the windows VM, not the host, so I can't just power it down and copy the storage to our systems.

Old provider is like "your problem now" (hence the migration).

It's got some custom database integrated into the software package, but that's a bit moot - we can shut it down overnight so it becomes static files for the backup. Biggest annoyance is that the server storage wasn't sized correctly, so any backup has to be done to an offsite place/cloud (hence why I'm guessing the cloud version was installed originally). I'm waiting on them to give me a price on attaching another drive so I can just image to that and copy that drat tib/whatever file.

unknown fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 4, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

unknown posted:

Bare metal is really what I want, but we only have access to the windows VM, not the host, so I can't just power it down and copy the storage to our systems.

Old provider is like "your problem now" (hence the migration).

It's got some custom database integrated into the software package, but that's a bit moot - we can shut it down overnight so it becomes static files for the backup. Biggest annoyance is that the server storage wasn't sized correctly, so any backup has to be done to an offsite place/cloud (hence why I'm guessing the cloud version was installed originally). I'm waiting on them to give me a price on attaching another drive so I can just image to that and copy that drat tib/whatever file.

Carbonite Server Backup could do what you want, including backing up to network storage and/or cloud locations. I believe their bare metal solution requires something locally (network storage is cool), though.

Furcifer
Apr 20, 2007
It's Furcifer, not Lucifer
Hey guys. I've been skimming the past few posts for answers, but I'm not sure my needs are as extensive as everyone else's. I just want to back up a few gigs of family photos and documents. Annual file generation probably wouldn't exceed 2GB/year. Not looking for cloud backup, but would like some advice and suggestions. Current backup scheme includes having windows backup to a different drive on the same laptop, and annual backups of pictures onto DVD.

My DVD drive finally died, and its relatively cumbersome to retrieve the data off of DVD's nowadays, so I was wondering what I should be doing instead. Looking for a good balance of value and reliability.

These DROBO machines and cloud storage options seem a little excessive to me, but maybe I'm missing something. I was thinking of purchasing a couple of USB powered external HDD's. Thoughts?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Furcifer posted:

Hey guys. I've been skimming the past few posts for answers, but I'm not sure my needs are as extensive as everyone else's. I just want to back up a few gigs of family photos and documents. Annual file generation probably wouldn't exceed 2GB/year. Not looking for cloud backup, but would like some advice and suggestions. Current backup scheme includes having windows backup to a different drive on the same laptop, and annual backups of pictures onto DVD.

My DVD drive finally died, and its relatively cumbersome to retrieve the data off of DVD's nowadays, so I was wondering what I should be doing instead. Looking for a good balance of value and reliability.

These DROBO machines and cloud storage options seem a little excessive to me, but maybe I'm missing something. I was thinking of purchasing a couple of USB powered external HDD's. Thoughts?
Cloud is good because it's offsite (so a fire or flood doesn't lose everything for you), it's easy, and it's gonna be really cheap for the amount (and type) of data you're doing. If you're fundamentally opposed to that, rotating HDD's in and out of a safe deposit box or another secure location works, but you've gotta do it, and you have to worry about drive failure and all that.

Furcifer
Apr 20, 2007
It's Furcifer, not Lucifer
I think im going to go for a couple of external USB HDD's. Any recommendations for reliability?

eames
May 9, 2009

Depending on your application and frequency of backups you could buy a USB 3.0 SATA docking station and use bare SATA drives with it.

i.e.
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Dual-Bay-Docking-Function-Tool-free/dp/B00N1KXE9K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1478361949

and whatever brand of 2.5"/3.5" hard drives (plus protective cases) you prefer.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Just don't keep the external drives in the same physical location as your computer which is a thing lots of people seem to do for some reason

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Haha, 'inherited' another ancient box. Here's a prime example of why raid is good, and why you should have backups.

quote:

array A (SAS, Unused Space: 0 MB)

logicaldrive 1 (838.1 GB, RAID 1+0, Interim Recovery Mode)

physicaldrive 1I:1:1 (port 1I:box 1:bay 1, SAS, 300 GB, OK)
physicaldrive 1I:1:2 (port 1I:box 1:bay 2, SAS, 300 GB, Failed)
physicaldrive 1I:1:3 (port 1I:box 1:bay 3, SAS, 300 GB, OK)
physicaldrive 2I:1:5 (port 2I:box 1:bay 5, SAS, 300 GB, Failed)
physicaldrive 2I:1:6 (port 2I:box 1:bay 6, SAS, 300 GB, OK)
physicaldrive 2I:1:7 (port 2I:box 1:bay 7, SAS, 0 MB, Failed)
physicaldrive 1I:1:4 (port 1I:box 1:bay 4, SAS, 300 GB, OK, active spare for 2I:1:7)

HP DL380 - so 8 drives, of which 2 are/were hot spares (#7+8). [#8 is so dead it's not in the list]

Somehow still standing after 4 drive failures. It can still last one more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'd be very, very afraid to run a rebuild on that array. It'll get three days into the rebuild and then implode.

• Locked thread