Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Can I use Duplicati with Sync.com? As a Canadian, I like the idea of my data being stored on a local server and theoretically protected by Canadian privacy laws, but I can't figure out if Sync.com will work as a backend. As far as I can tell it can only point to a local folder as the sync folder.

e. It does not, Sync.com only works with a sync folder like Dropbox

Dillbag fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

GuyGizmo posted:

I thought that with Duplicati, it encrypts all of your data before it leaves your computer and your encryption key never leaves your computer. So even if someone were to snoop on your data, it's encrypted and your privacy is still protected.

Can anyone confirm if that is true? Is it also the case that things like file names and paths are also encrypted?

Ya, like -Dethstryk- posted I know Duplicati encrypts during the archive process. It's 100% a principle thing for me. Not that I would ever expect the US government to put the intelligence community's resources to work decrypting my save games and spank bank, it's just I would prefer to keep my data theoretically subject to the privacy laws of my home country and out of the hands of foreign nationals.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Using Duplicati with Backblaze here. Not super intuitive web browser UI but once it's set up it works well.

• Locked thread