Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

ConfusedUs posted:

Synology NAS devices have both Crashplan and Amazon Glacier packages available.

Are you referring to patters' Crashplan package? If so, have you been having issues with it lately? It looks like Code42 updated something or other with the Crashplan client, and now people are having problems getting the client to work on their Synology NAS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

The Gunslinger posted:

It's a constant tug of war updating that thing all the time. Synology breaks it through some update, you have to go to the retarded Oracle Java site and download the exact piece of crap you need for it which also requires a stupid login. Then you have to hope and pray it works after you're all done or you'll be forced to troll blog comment sections for a fix. It is not worth it at all in my opinion, I ended up just using a different workaround so that Crashplan treated it like another drive.

From what I've been reading, it looks like the easiest thing is to forget about Crashplan on a NAS. Just put it on a computer and treat the NAS like an external drive, like you said.

• Locked thread