Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
I'm currently using CrashPlan and while I haven't had (many) problems with it, I'm always looking for something better and/or cheaper. Is there any quality backup software that could backup to Google Cloud storage with a similar feature set to the Crashplan software?

Notably, I'm not looking for a tape-equivalent system with Fulls/Partials/Deltas. but instead a system that will properly keep so many versions/revisions of my files, encrypted, in the cloud storage system on a rolling basis. Based on my usage of the Crashplan software I'd be saving money by moving to a Google or Amazon system.

And while I'm venting, why does Crashplan only have never and 1 year for the remove deleted files options? Why not 2,3,or 5 year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

ConfusedUs posted:

You'll be hard pressed to find a subscription based service that backs up to Amazon or google for $60 a year, which is the price point for most consumer backup.

I was looking for some software that would just let me backup to my own Amazon or Google storage buckets. I'm paying a hefty price for the small number of GBs I've actually backed up, but I still want proper versioning and whatnot.

And Cloudberry isn't a great choice because my second backup to a local disk is over 1tb.

FunOne fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 29, 2015

• Locked thread