Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised this thread hasn't mentioned Arq, which is my favorite software for backing up a Mac to the internet. While not the easiest to use, it's reliable and flexable. It's $40 bucks to buy and you have to pay for the web space, but it works with everything from Amazon Glacier to Dropbox. You can backup any folder or drive with it, and it will watch for changes and even keep old versions if you want to. Backups are compressed, which saves you money, and encrypted so if someone gets into your cloud service they can't steal anything.

It's also updated a lot, and supports the beta of Google Nearline Storage. I'm not going to use a beta for my backups, but it's the same price as Amazon Glacier but doesn't come with a delay in getting your data out and the pricing isn't as confusing. I'm embarrassingly excited for it to come out of beta.

I long for a version of Arq that's as simple to use and available everywhere as something like 1Password so I can truly recommend it to everyone, but if you're willing to work with it it's really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread