Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Is there anything that can reliably back up from a Nas4Free setup?

I could probably upgrade/migrate/something if necessary as long as zfs is still an option.

worst case would maybe be doing this via network shares on a Windows machine, I'm not sure I care a lot as long as it at least gets backed up monthly since I usually keep recent work in Google Drive and the NAS is my archive.

I lost a drive, and while I'm replacing it I have a thought that maybe I do need this stuff backed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

Could you script something with robocopy or rsync?

Otherwise, there's tons of software that can back up Windows network shares. On the cheap end, Crashplan can do it.

poo poo sorry, I mean a cloud backup, preferably automated. I already do a robocopy from Windows -> NAS regularly, but I realize now that I need it offsite just in case.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

What's your budget? There's not a whole lot of cloud options on the cheap end. Most automatic, continuous sync backups don't let you back up network shares, because they're often large. If you want cheap, you're looking at Crashplan (may require some kind of workaround) or some kind of automated upload to Amazon Glacier, probably.

Maybe not a ton. I was hoping for one of those 10/mo or less ones that maybe had something you can hack together in FreeBSD.

I may just do a manual upload to Glacier, since it's probably going to be the cheapest for 1-2TB worth of what I care about.

• Locked thread