Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mush Man posted:

Is there a program for Windows that can do scheduled incremental image backups and restore to a different device for free? I currently have EaseUS Backup Free that can do all that minus restoring to new hardware. I'd also like to what I should use for backing up files to both external storage and OneDrive simultaneously.

Windows Backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

blunt posted:

Something I've been liking recently is Sweet Home! - free android app to auto backup your photos to a network share over WiFi. The interface is janky as hell, but once you get it set up it will auto sync your photos when you're connected to power + home WiFi.

Then I just include the folder in my s3 backup.

Eh, I just let Google Drive take all my photos for ease even if they use photos of me pooping for marketing whatever.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So I HATE our Datto devices and have been shopping for a VM backup/cloud solution I have a conference call with Intronis in the morning anyone have any experience with them or have a better recommendation?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

Why do you hate Datto? What particular needs do you have that they don't meet?

The complete lack of control, part of it I blame on our sales people. They sold a device with more local storage then cloud storage but the device tries to force everything to the cloud and overcharges us on storage we can't just delete stuff from the cloud either everything has to be a bloody ticket with their "white glove support". Also they have messed up our seeding every single time and we just found out they don't support Windows 2012 Deduplication.

• Locked thread