Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What are the preferable external hard drives for backups? I have an old Western Digital 2TB from like 8 years ago but I'd like to upgrade to something more recent and slimmer(the WD is roughly as thick as a brick and slightly larger surface area). I'm thinking of getting a pair of these, are these good, reliable externals or is there a better option at a comparable price point? I've got a safety deposit box to store one in and can keep the second one at a relative's if absolutely necessary, is that a good plan or can I just keep the second one in my personal fireproof safe? How survivable is a hard drive in a fireproof safe assuming a full blown house-burns-down fire?

Apologies for the amount of questions, just want to have a solid long-term protection for my stuff and don't want to use a cloud service if I can avoid it.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread