Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Anybody have some good ideas for regular VPS backups? Mainly a full image backup along with snapshots every so often. Its nothing mission critical, just holds my ZNC, a CLI version of Dropbox, VPN, etc but its something I'd like to have and learn how to do.

VPS is located across the US and, at most, is 50GB when its full. I don't mind paying for a good service, that way if I mess something up I can simply roll back or re-image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Any suggestions on backing up a Synology NAS? Googling brings up mainly outdated or janky methods.

Currently at 3 TB out of 6TB, but looking to expand to 24-30TB in the future.

Cost vs benefit ratio is pretty important, since the majority are Linux ISOs. I'd not want to pay Amazon to restore that on Glacier for instance.

• Locked thread