Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peever
Nov 14, 2004

This shit's chess, it ain't checkers! Shit. They build jails 'cause of me.
Anyone have experience with Amazon Glacier? I currently use Crash Plan as an off site backup but was thinking about adding Glacier since it is so dirt cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peever
Nov 14, 2004

This shit's chess, it ain't checkers! Shit. They build jails 'cause of me.

jammyozzy posted:

I have a question about the Crashplan Family plan. I was thinking of signing up for it and then adding my family's computers (we all live seperately) but I'm kind of anxious. How exactly do files from each computer get organised? Is there a seperate directory for each computer on the plan, or is everything thrown into one directory as the clients see it? And presumably, other members with access to the account can delete my stuff, yes?

Each computer will install the Crash Plan client and then sync up with your account. You then select the folders/directories that you want CrashPlan to monitor and it will back up to their servers under the computers "name". I'm not at my pc now but from I recall you don't see other computers from your plan within the client. From the website you can see all the computers associated with your plan. So no I don't believe you can accidentally or intentionally delete files from computer "A" while accessing the client from computer "B". If you're the only one with access to the website you should be fine.

• Locked thread