Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im playing order of eclessia. its so good... but im on the spoilers crab boss and it has so much hp, its like a 15 minute fight. is there a way to do more damage to it. im using the axe glyph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Paging Evil Eagle to the thread.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
use the mace glyph, crack that shell!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im using the cat brush lol

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
crab boss is just a total piece of poo poo the first time you play

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it would be epic if u had like, even 2 secs of invincibility after getting hit. if u get caught inside the boss then u end up taking like 60% damage and theres nothing u can do.. well.. i guess u just have to not do that

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Really good games op

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FuriousGeorge posted:

use the mace glyph, crack that shell!

alright.. lets do this.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

alright.. lets do this.

did it with double hammer glyph + a bunch of meat. good j ob me

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I.N.R.I posted:

goongratulations.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
SSHHAAWW!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You figured it out, but the crab is weak to hammer. Every boss is weak to a certain element so you need to experiment.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

sounds sexy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you can do it with cubus if you're completely insane

i like crab boss. all of the ecclesia bosses except for that guy who fights you w/ shadows own a lot

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

there's some really broken glyph combos but I don't remember them.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

you can do it with cubus if you're completely insane

i like crab boss. all of the ecclesia bosses except for that guy who fights you w/ shadows own a lot

Blackmore owns a lot too. He hits extremely hard but all of his attacks can be avoided.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
blackmore either goes down too fast or owns you too fast to really enjoy him as a boss

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Level 1 Hard mode fixes the first problem, getting good fixes the second.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
My proudest Castlevania moment was beating Portrait of Ruin at Level 1. Felt pretty boss after that.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
...Old Axe Armor Level 1?

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
No jesus, that would be insane.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I never even beat PoR, but some day I will play through the stupid ridiculous bullshit that is level 1 Hard old axe armor mode.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I didnt beat that one OP, got past the crab boss but got stuck on a later one and never beat it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just bought PoR, the time has come.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Charlotte is better than Jonathan.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Remember that multiplayer Castlevania:HD or whatever? They should make another one of those. Only Japanese people with connection issues still play, I never got a chance to level my Belmont's in the sea of Somas everyone played.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

im playing order of eclessia. its so good... but im on the spoilers crab boss and it has so much hp, its like a 15 minute fight. is there a way to do more damage to it. im using the axe glyph

Just crouch hug the left corner of the screen and only move if you need to dodge or when he turns red to make him crack the ceiling, and spam the hammer glyphs.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The only castlevania game I've beaten is the DS one where you play the albino dude and when you kill a boss you have to play connect the dots or else the boss gets back a bunch of his health

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the magic seal thing is stupid but i loooove the aria of sorrow/dawn of sorrow power copying

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Just crouch hug the left corner of the screen and only move if you need to dodge or when he turns red to make him crack the ceiling, and spam the hammer glyphs.

You need to move to the top level whenever he prepares to hit the ceiling, then move back down when he starts hitting it. You also have to move to the right, then back left on the third ceiling hit as he will hit you if you stick around on the bottom left.

On the second phase just move up and back down when he starts to hit the ceiling, and on the third phase stay up top because his legs start to raise up and hit the bottom left area. If you do all of that you should be able to kill Brachyura without taking any damage.

Once you kill him don't forget to ride the elevator back up because there's a really useful glyph at the top of the lighthouse.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

I.N.R.I posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I save the cats so that I can jump kick off of them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

thats what i ended up doing.. seemed k inda cheesy but i kept dying cos of falling at the last platforming bit and taking like 200 dmg cos obnce you fall your basically stuck inside the boss until it reaches the top -___-

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The only castlevania game I've beaten is the DS one where you play the albino dude and when you kill a boss you have to play connect the dots or else the boss gets back a bunch of his health

Came here to post this. I think I borrowed a GBA one from a friend and never finished it

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
If anyone wants to play a good version of Castlevania II, go to this site and generate a .ips patch with the features you want:
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/cv2fin/

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Harmony of Dissonance was, and still is, underrated

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Harmony of Dissonance was, and still is, underrated

im playing that right now and the map is loving huge and terrible. im sure it'll be way better on a second playthrough but i really hate that there's no indicator for rock walls/locked doors/etc. so you never have any idea where to go unless you remember that one door you saw days ago when you first started

i like it better than aria of sorrow but god drat the map sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Doctor Goat posted:

the magic seal thing is stupid but i loooove the aria of sorrow/dawn of sorrow power copying

I think they put the seals in because DoS was an early DS game and I think Nintendo was putting pressure on people to use the touch screen as much as possible, even forcing it into games that don't really fit.

• Locked thread