Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Just recently stayed at a hotel called "upsky". My SO booked it for a wedding we were supposed to go to, not realizing the hotel was ~30 miles from the reception, so we had to take a cab there and back, and was about $50 each way, but that was not the bad part.

The hotel seemed pretty nice at first, and about par for the course for $100/night hotels. Fast forward to about 4AM the night after the wedding reception, probably still drunk/fading in to a hangover, and the fire alarm goes off, and it's a talking one that says to please evacuate. gently caress, absolutely the worst time possible. Well we get dressed and start heading out of the room, when a voice comes on a speaker saying "false alarm, return to your rooms". So we go back in bed but the alarm does not stop! Finally after ~2 hours it stops. As soon as I fall asleep it starts again but only for about 2-5 minutes. This repeats every 10-20 minutes until about 9:30AM and checkout was at 11. So just as I fall back to sleep, the alarm blares again, repeat this many times. Absolutely the worst sleep I've ever had and I was hungover to boot.

When we check out, we obviously demand a refund, but they claimed "no refunds due to safety systems in the hotel". Well what if there was an actual fire during the malfunctioning alarm? It was an absolute safety hazard! We bitched but the just flat out refused to refund us.
We emailed the company and it was owned by some Chinese holding company and we got no where. For some reason we couldn't get a chargeback on her credit card either.

I also remembered, about a month ago, we tried to stay at a Days Inn - it was pretty cheap, only $40 a night, and it was about 1AM so we really only needed a place to crash for the night. the lobby was pretty nice, but it was a motel style rooms. As we are checking in, the receptionist is having some trouble with the computer system, but disregards it. So we get our room key, and I open our room and there were people already in the room, in bed, watching TV. I just exclaim "what the gently caress?" and the lady in the room just starts screaming and I quickly close the door and run back to the lobby!

I explain the situation and the front desk lady says "oh poo poo, no I have to call those people and explain" - and she gives us another room key. So go over to the new room, and I knock about 50 times and then go inside. Welp, someone elses poo poo was all in the room - food, clothes, etc. So we just went back, got a refund, and went to a $130 holiday in express across the street which was actually super nice.

I was thinking, what if I had just moved around the dudes stuff in room #2 and just gaslit the gently caress out of him? Just put his shoes on top of the TV, folded all his clothes, etc? That would have been loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread