Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

It's Joever.

https://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/an-update-on-rock-band-4-dlc

They also seem to clarify here that only the Rock Band 4 instrument controllers will be supported in Fortnite Festival.

Odd that PDP's making a new guitar then? Unless it's officially going to be an RB4 controller I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pirate Jet posted:

It's Joever.

https://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/an-update-on-rock-band-4-dlc

They also seem to clarify here that only the Rock Band 4 instrument controllers will be supported in Fortnite Festival.

Incredible run.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

yeah, rip

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't wait for the epic disappointment of whatever the final DLC will be.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Astro7x posted:

epic disappointment
Thread subtitle

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

sleepwalkers posted:

Odd that PDP's making a new guitar then? Unless it's officially going to be an RB4 controller I guess

I believe what Harmonix means by specifying “RB4 controllers” is that they’re not going to bother supporting the legacy adapters so you can use your 360/PS3/Ion/Guitar Hero/Power Gig: Rise of the Six-String controller.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Fortnite Festival controller update. I made a second prototype that is pretty close to what I'm going to use.

I cut the corners off because they poked me. And I have a pretty good idea about my final button layout and case shape/size.

I did some experimenting, and the 60 mm buttons fit perfectly flush at one Lego stud depth. So I designed this.

Which even without tightening the bottom nut it's stays perfectly still. There's six points of contact on the top edge and three on the bottom. So I think I might just make mine out of Lego.

My son liked the first prototype a lot, so we made him one with a few minor changes to it, and it's perfect.

We didn't just have that sitting around. We went out specifically looking for something to make his case out of and found that.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Found something else y’all could be doing with your old drum kits:

https://twitter.com/gamesdonequick/status/1747798990031040588?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RodShaft posted:

We didn't just have that sitting around. We went out specifically looking for something to make his case out of and found that.

That rules and you are a cool dad

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

That rules and you are a cool dad

I decided to go another direction with mine...

This took way too long(mostly because I wanted the buttons to light when pressed and the USB encoder uses a common +5v instead of a common ground and my brain wasn't working with that).

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

RodShaft posted:

I decided to go another direction with mine...

This took way too long(mostly because I wanted the buttons to light when pressed and the USB encoder uses a common +5v instead of a common ground and my brain wasn't working with that).

Please send a video of this in action.

I've got a weird problem with my PS3 wireless Les Paul. It only functions correctly if I run a hairdryer over it for a minute before playing, like it needs to be warmed up before functioning properly.

Is this a known issue? Once it's warm it's fine but until then it seems to have a stuttering wireless connection.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Jesus christ, you guys are crazy smart and talented. :stare: I wish I had half your skill so I could at least change a lightbulb without tripping a breaker.

^^^^ I have the reverse problem with one of my old GHWT guitars. It works fine for about 30-45 minutes, but after that it starts missing more and more hits.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

Please send a video of this in action.

I have no idea about current video hosts. But here's a TikTok of me pushing the buttons. I'll make my son video me actually using it later today.

It was better than expected, but not perfect. You can see in the video the yellow just kinda lit a little. You have to push the middle of the keys for it to register well. It'll flicker on held notes if you're to the side. There's no real fixing that just because of the way it's designed being a child's toy and all.

Once I was used to it, it was fine though. I made this on a lark to use while I continue to mess with the other design. It'll serve its purpose of being goofy and fun.

I told my friend I was playing with last night, "I'm doing worse but having more fun." Then I got used to it and flawlessed some easier songs. :f5h::f5:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Bound to happen eventually. It's because I wasn't tapping it in the center while using it for overdrive.

It's cool. I have a replacement. Thanks, Colecovision module 2.

And here's a video of my baby keyboard in action.
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRc3t5KK/

I'm doing much better with it, but my forearms kill me if I try drums on it.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I’m frankly astounded that you somehow had a RB1 pedal that was still in one piece!

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

~Coxy posted:

I’m frankly astounded that you somehow had a RB1 pedal that was still in one piece!

It could have been rock band 2. I've had every set for 360 including Beatles.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Nah, there's no metal plate which they added starting with 2. I have two rb2 pedals and though the plate helps I have split both in the same spot and resorted to lots of tape and glue to keep it together.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I didn't remember if 2 had it or not. I knew Beatles and 3 had it (still have my Beatles one). But I had made a "real" pedal with a window alarm and a practice pad at some point. Who knows where that ended up tho.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The final DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INHWzHuoLo

I guess going the sentimental route was the safest thing.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Wow… almost a decade of support. Not bad.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
It should have been Stan as the final song IMHO.

RIP to a great game.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
A little underwhelming given that Sweeney could have easily bought and tracked the golden Wu Tang record.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Dumb revenant question: Back during the instrument game peak, I bought a two-cymbal kit like a chump. If I pick Pro Drums, will the game know the blue cymbal is missing and merge it with the normal pad?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

Dumb revenant question: Back during the instrument game peak, I bought a two-cymbal kit like a chump. If I pick Pro Drums, will the game know the blue cymbal is missing and merge it with the normal pad?

Yes. Rock Band 3 did at least.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

:black101:

I don’t have any of my old scores handy anymore but I’m like 99% sure I passed my old skill peak on drums. :feelsgood:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

huh it's real
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1752723690586861905

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

God dammit they went with the mushy strum bar.

Urgh.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It’s nice to have an option if the RB2-era guitars start dying, anyway.

Does anyone still care about GH2 PS2 guitars? I saw one on eBay asking $250 for a unit with the free stickers on it and predictably getting crickets. Mine’s unmarked, but the local game stores want nothing to do with plastic instruments.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Necrothatcher posted:

God dammit they went with the mushy strum bar.

Urgh.

coulda been worse and/or better based off of how hard you rock

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Dr Zaius posted:

Nah, there's no metal plate which they added starting with 2. I have two rb2 pedals and though the plate helps I have split both in the same spot and resorted to lots of tape and glue to keep it together.

At least for the pedals, it's pretty easy to make your own using an actual drum pedal and a practice pad using door/window security magnets stuck under the footboard. I played on one for years without issue.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

So do you actually have to strum in Fortnite Festival? I keep seeing JasonParadise stream it and he's only hitting the frets.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Once they add official support for instruments I imagine they’ll add strumming.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Rock Band 4 + Rivals is $10 on XBL… finally getting rid of the disc

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Will I have to re-download and install everything? When I did that on a PS4 title I had to and for a brief second had two copies of the game installed.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

No it'll just realize you have the license for RB4 and let you play it without a disc

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I fixed my 360 and finally got around to downloading Rock Band 3 Deluxe.

But where do I copy the files to? The instructions don't say, and I can't seem to find the correct location that has the RB3 default.xex in it.

(Poking around
code:
/Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/45410914
)

edit: you have to have an extracted version of RB3. I'm not sure why that's not mentioned anywhere.
Once you extract all the files from the game, copy them to the Xbox HDD, then make sure that location is scanned for games in FSD (no idea about Aurora.)
A second game of RB3 showed up in my FSD, running that game gets me into RB3D.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 2, 2024

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Me, walking to work, listening to Screaming for Vengeance in the wake of a new Judas Priest album.l, years after Rock Band Crews and rank chasing

"Oh, BLOODSTONE."

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

they're real???

PS4/5: https://www.amazon.com/RIFFMASTER-Controller-PlayStation-rechargeable-Officially-5/dp/B0CWS8WKS5/
Xbox: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CWN15TRF/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a bargain compared to the $550 the madcatz listings are on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I use a 360 GH3 controller for Clone Hero and such but I think I might pick up one of those if they're good because the 360 PC wireless adapter I have kind of sucks to deal with and there's no way to turn off the guitar without removing the batteries.