Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Here's some poo poo I don't know who cares

One of your codes is FUCKT :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
SFUCSIN28TLQS38R
SFUC6BYT8PKIPCFJ

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Stanley Pain posted:

One of your codes is FUCKT :p

the other is GIZZ which I found funny

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Here's some poo poo I don't know who cares

Took the 2nd code. I don't think the first one works because of that "FUCTK"

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Yeah the code I was given was SFUCK something. I think the devs are having a laugh with their algorithms

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I loving love this Eagle the Knight gets.

Every second of my life CAW CAW CAW. Punch a guy to the moon CAW.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I gotta say I really like what they do with the character/class/progression stuff here. No need for altitis, in fact you only get one dude. And there's no 'trap' options, all the random little stat boosts you get as you travel along the atlas applies to you no matter what class you're currently in.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Markkei posted:

Took the 2nd code. I don't think the first one works because of that "FUCTK"

:shrug:

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Free keys here: 550 left as of this post:

http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/24/win-a-skyforge-cbt4-key-from-massively-op-and-allods-team/

edit: There are no more.

crazystray fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 24, 2015

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I got it to work- thanks.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

SFUCSIN28TLQS38R
SFUC6BYT8PKIPCFJ

I used the first one, thanks!

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Its wierd. I have seen 10+ post about people taking keys and then they are never heard from again.

THOUGHTS people I want to hear your THOUGHTS. All we got in this thread right now is my dickwaving and Stanly Pain trying to take an axe to my member.

What do you loving people think about the current closed beta Russia Game?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Its wierd. I have seen 10+ post about people taking keys and then they are never heard from again.

THOUGHTS people I want to hear your THOUGHTS. All we got in this thread right now is my dickwaving and Stanly Pain trying to take an axe to my member.

It's like a hairy nut sack in the mouth.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Drinkfist posted:

I'd offer a more in depth opinion, but my play time is limited so I have not really had a chance to experience all that this CBT has to offer yet (ie I played for maybe 2 hours last night). But hey! No amount of experience is enough to start complaining so let me just say that it still annoys the poo poo out of me that I need to have a hostile targeted in order to swing my sword.

Oh and hey, are invasions in yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKyXUqC2C8

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 24, 2015

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
game is way cooler than people are giving it credit for although i gotta say the whole character reset thing makes me not wanna play

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

if you liked the art and gameplay of final fantasy but found those story missions god awful, then you right about the story missions and will probably like this game

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I have not actually played the game. I took the key just because I like hoarding games.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kylra posted:

I have not actually played the game. I took the key just because I like hoarding games.

This is actually better than playing the game :)

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
I played this game in an earlier beta and it was ok. Overall, it felt sorta bland, despite the fact that I made a leather biker wizard.. Playing now, the Alchemist class is weird. He's a goofy dude squirting poo poo all over the place with his Doctor Octopus arms, and can hulk out into a melee monster. His animations seem really goofy and awkward.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We have the guild up. Haha oh what a mess.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I hate this game and I hate you.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

so the guild is kinda like an alliance

there are 3 clans and each one has a leader. Each can have 4 people in them. So 12 people max.

Until you upgrade them. This involves some quest and donating money. We haven't found the quest.

Then you can increase each clans size and add more clans.

Each leader of the clan has to vote on pretty much everything.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

so the guild is kinda like an alliance

there are 3 clans and each one has a leader. Each can have 4 people in them. So 12 people max.

Until you upgrade them. This involves some quest and donating money. We haven't found the quest.

Then you can increase each clans size and add more clans.

Each leader of the clan has to vote on pretty much everything.

That seems needlessly complicated?

In other news, Lightbinder is pretty cool. You start off with some decent aoe ability and can fire a big fuckoff lazerbeam from your cleric halo rod thing. Still gotta figure out what the gently caress 'impulse charge' is though, lots of abilities mention it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Impulse Charge is the bar above your dodge bar, it has a lightning bolt by it. If you use an ability that says it uses Impulse Charge when the bar is full (the counter on the bar also becomes a 1), then that ability does extra damage.

There are also Symbols that you can unlock through the Atlas that add effects when you use Impulse Charge. For example, on the Russian server, I have a Symbol that gives me a damage shield when I use Impulse Charge. It can help a lot to just look around the upper atlas, and see what and where things are.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Schubalts posted:

Impulse Charge is the bar above your dodge bar, it has a lightning bolt by it. If you use an ability that says it uses Impulse Charge when the bar is full (the counter on the bar also becomes a 1), then that ability does extra damage.

There are also Symbols that you can unlock through the Atlas that add effects when you use Impulse Charge. For example, on the Russian server, I have a Symbol that gives me a damage shield when I use Impulse Charge. It can help a lot to just look around the upper atlas, and see what and where things are.

OK, now my next question is what is the segmented bar that appears over my health sometimes. I have no idea what it is, and it seems to pop up randomly.

The Lightbinder left-click is kind of weird, if you hold it an instant too long it tries to do the channel and eats a chunk of your mana and I was trying to build that up, damnit. I'm finding it simpler to just not spam leftclick and just stand around while mana recovers.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Does the Russian version of the game still have more features than the English? Like weren't they a few patches ahead before?

I just got an invite to try this game out and I dont wanna start on the gimpy server so if I have to do some language fuckery, I wanna do it now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

there has been one thing that I have seen that is not translated so far, and it was a dumb 1 hour mount

the cash shop mount, if you buy 10 of them it becomes permanent, but they all last 1 hour until then

Leveling guide

Spend your rainbow points in the 3 starter trees, light bringer, paladin, and cryomancer. The stat points you gain are for your character, not your class.

Once you hit a certain point, you have to play those classes to get the points you need to expand on them. Or you can max out a single class and get points for advancing any other class.

Until then, your rainbow points will be used on the large skill tree mainly for reaching other classes to unlock. They cost 6 times as much here and give about the same stats / prestige.

Your first goal should be to get to 2000 prestige as fast as possible where prestige is a value in the bottom left based on a mix of stats and gear.

This unlocks the stupid web game they have where you send out followers for stuff and reasons. This is how you make a guild larger.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Or you can max out a single class and get points for advancing any other class.

From what I've read on their forums this is a perk of being premium/paying a subscription.

If you're a filthy free player and max out a class you keep getting the class-specific spark things even though you have no way to use them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

yah that is one of three ways to get them

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

There should probably be some sort of conversion (50 or 100 class sparks to one evolution spark) or something, because unless I'm missing something when/if you were to max out all the classes you literally cannot do anything with the class sparks unless you subscribe so you can get evo ones instead.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

WarLocke posted:

OK, now my next question is what is the segmented bar that appears over my health sometimes. I have no idea what it is, and it seems to pop up randomly.

The Lightbinder left-click is kind of weird, if you hold it an instant too long it tries to do the channel and eats a chunk of your mana and I was trying to build that up, damnit. I'm finding it simpler to just not spam leftclick and just stand around while mana recovers.

That is a barrier or shield. Some effects cause you to get one and it is measured by the dotted line above health. I think there is an early symbol that you get in the global atlas that gives you a small barrier for dashing. That is probably it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

WarLocke posted:

That would be a damage shield. Lightbinders have a few abilities that add a shield to yourself, or a targeted friendly.

WarLocke posted:

There should probably be some sort of conversion (50 or 100 class sparks to one evolution spark) or something, because unless I'm missing something when/if you were to max out all the classes you literally cannot do anything with the class sparks unless you subscribe so you can get evo ones instead.

It was changed so that you don't gain class sparks for a maxed out class, so technically you're not picking up completely useless sparks. Before that change, those useless sparks actually counted towards your weekly caps. Doesn't change that it's dumb that only premium players can progress classes by not actually playing them, though.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Schubalts posted:

That would be a damage shield. Lightbinders have a few abilities that add a shield to yourself, or a targeted friendly.

Okay, this must be it since I haven't even unlocked the global atlas yet. I have nodes unlocked in 3 different classes randomly.

quote:

It was changed so that you don't gain class sparks for a maxed out class, so technically you're not picking up completely useless sparks. Before that change, those useless sparks actually counted towards your weekly caps. Doesn't change that it's dumb that only premium players can progress classes by not actually playing them, though.

Well, that's... better, I guess. At least it doesn't take up your cap.

Speaking of the weekly cap stuff, I was reading the monetization thread in the beta forum and some people are saying the cap resets each week, but other people are saying that unused potential from one week rolls over to the next. I am so confused.

Like, if the hypothetical cap is 1,000 whatevers per week, and I only get 500 in the first week - when the cap resets is my new limit 1500 (1,000 weekly reset + 500 unused from last week)? If someone was to make an account 8 weeks after the game launched is their initial cap 1,000 or 8,000?

Basically is the cap an individual thing (more like EvE's skill system where new players can never catch up to older ones) or a measure of 'nobody in the game can be more than X level right now'?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Speaking of the weekly cap stuff, I was reading the monetization thread in the beta forum and some people are saying the cap resets each week, but other people are saying that unused potential from one week rolls over to the next. I am so confused.

Like, if the hypothetical cap is 1,000 whatevers per week, and I only get 500 in the first week - when the cap resets is my new limit 1500 (1,000 weekly reset + 500 unused from last week)? If someone was to make an account 8 weeks after the game launched is their initial cap 1,000 or 8,000?

Basically is the cap an individual thing (more like EvE's skill system where new players can never catch up to older ones) or a measure of 'nobody in the game can be more than X level right now'?

Each week your account exists, your caps will increase by X. Unused stuff rolls over into every following week. You would have 1,500 in your hypothetical.

If someone makes a new account, that account would have the initial caps, and would have 1,000 for their first cap, not 8,000. People on the forums want the headstart week's caps to be applied to every account because of this.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I did some guess math work and it would take me 1.5 weeks of hitting the cap as a lightbringer to max it out.

I am not really worried about that cap as it exists only for the spergiest of spergs.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

Drinkfist posted:

I tried it for a few hours and my thoughts are, I don't like it.

First off, I don't enjoy playing as any of the starter classes, and the combat seems really off and I'm not sure why.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Everyone needs to stop rolling Cryomancers. They are fun vampires. Literally the worst class to play if you want any enjoyment.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Drinkfist posted:

Everyone needs to stop rolling Cryomancers. They are fun vampires. Literally the worst class to play if you want any enjoyment.

In a game like this, I am all about intense and fast melee action. All I want to do is zip around bashing my enemy to pieces while dodging their attacks and I do not get that from Cryomancer. Unfortunately, I have either not played the right class or not unlocked the right abilities yet which really provide me with that sense of powerful fast impact that I want. Did you ever play that arguably poo poo game Too Human? They had a class in that game which dual wielded melee weapons and while there is plenty to complain about the game itself that class was really fun. The speed of combat in this game just isn't quite what I want from it, but again..I have not spent a lot of time with it yet so I am not quite ready to just write it off.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I love it when you post since it means I get to take shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That because all the classes feel weightless and lovely. Especially for anyone who's played, and enjoyed Tera's combat :shobon:

• Locked thread