Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I'm pretty hopeful if only because goons are not hyping this game which is a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Lux Aeterna posted:

This could be great or it could be garbage.

Either way TERA's combat, GW1's instancing, PoE's passive tree, and SWTOR's companion missions is a really interesting intersection to have a game.

Here's some stuff about classes of the 9 known so far. 15 are rumored to be out in total:

http://sf.my.com/us/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5625

There's a tutorial area to try out each of the guys to get a feel.

Kinetic Class has some really cool mechanics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xytZ4u6vCs8

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Lemon King posted:

kinetic is probably the class i want to try out the most of the known ones. there was a ru cbt stream of someone playing kinetic and the class just looked really fun in pve and pvp.

Orv
May 4, 2011
All I want is TERA with PVP that isn't trash, if all the changes they've made to the usual genre stuff also happen to work out that'd be alright too.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Unless they've changed it recently the combat is nowhere near TERA. Most abilities require a target and melee abilities will turn to face the target within a certain cone.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Lemon King posted:

Don't get me wrong, that's a cool lookin class, but how are you gonna waste the punching potential of a GIANT HANDS class? I skimmed through the video so maybe I missed it, but being able to spec into either the long range blasts they had on there or a melee range punchy dude would be sweet.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Phoix posted:

Unless they've changed it recently the combat is nowhere near TERA. Most abilities require a target and melee abilities will turn to face the target within a certain cone.

That's okay, TERA was terrible anyway.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lemon King posted:

look at that sweet rear end stationary casting rotation.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Bauxite posted:

Don't get me wrong, that's a cool lookin class, but how are you gonna waste the punching potential of a GIANT HANDS class? I skimmed through the video so maybe I missed it, but being able to spec into either the long range blasts they had on there or a melee range punchy dude would be sweet.

The tutorial text said that one of the cooldowns made them into a Melee punchmaster, it's just that the player there was too stupid to read and apparently completely missed it. Every time they got an "Out of range" message it's because they had apparently shifted to punch mode and failed a bunch.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I honestly thought I would be all over a newer sci-fi MMO, but as long as The Old Republic exists, I really can't see this being significantly better. The video made it seem like Guild Wars 2 in space, and I was so overcome with blandness that I didn't watch any more videos.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
It doesn't really look like a traditional MMO, to me this seems more like you click on a zone and kill some poo poo, possibly coop, then do it again somewhere else

Orv
May 4, 2011
It looks like Warframe with more MMO-y parts.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
in allods online i made a cool warrior who just had a stun in every button, and one of the stuns was 7 seconds and also stunned me. great game.

I Am The Scum
May 8, 2007
The devil made me do it
Did you macro that button to /say I'm STUNNED at how ineffective you are!?

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
This game looks fun, I'm just hoping its enough to scratch that PSO2 itch. I got sick of jumping through all the hoops to play on the Japanese servers, and lol if you think Sega is ever bringing it over here at this point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dreqqus posted:

This game looks fun, I'm just hoping its enough to scratch that PSO2 itch. I got sick of jumping through all the hoops to play on the Japanese servers, and lol if you think Sega is ever bringing it over here at this point.

PSO2 for western players was canceled. I don't get the impression that this is going to play like PSO2 though, but it certainly has a similar aesthetic. PSO2 is a bad game anyways.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Lesson learned from past mmos (maybe there is still hope for me) and this time I only bought the smallest Founder's pack to check out the game. Supposedly CB starts today, DLing now.

HBPrince
Feb 22, 2012
Yep, CBT starts today 7am PDT (3pm CET)! Too bad I'm stuck at work 5pm EST :(

Orv
May 4, 2011

HBPrince posted:

Man you should know it won't work until at least then anyway.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Any other goons that got into CBT1? I won one of those mega founder's packs from TTH so I'm going to putz around on a paladin for the next week.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

HBPrince posted:

Don't worry, it's not up yet anyway due to technical issues. Maybe they have sorted it out by the time you get home.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I signed up for the CBT, we'll see if they throw out a bunch of keys at/near CBT release, not really willing to drop cash on a CBT. Kinda dissapointed to see that Berzerker and Gunner are founder pack locked until OBT, but I'm sure there are enough classes for me to putsch around with.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I paid $20 for a founder pack thing and I still have no idea what I actually bought or what the gently caress this game is supposed to be.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

BadLlama posted:

I paid $20 for a founder pack thing and I still have no idea what I actually bought or what the gently caress this game is supposed to be.

a lesson in how fools are easily parted with their $$$

EDIT: yeah this game is going to be great

Lux Aeterna fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 11, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Had no clue about this game till now and it looks pretty ok. If it doesn't run like rear end i'll probably drop 20 to have something extra to do during the week.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lux Aeterna posted:

a lesson in how fools are easily parted with their $$$

I like how over the years of MMO betas this has evolved from "Friends of the devs" to "Guys who post a lot" to "Guys who pay for dumb conventions" to "People who paid more money for a non-existent thing than I did"

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Lux Aeterna posted:

Not that I'd disbelieve this, but is there any actual proof of this, or just butthurt forums poster #2301 who can't get in?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Goons make poor purchasing decisions: the musical.

Everybody in the CBT can make a Gunner or Berzerker, they're just locked behind some ingame achievements/progression, so you can't roll them as your first character.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Conot posted:

Not that I'd disbelieve this, but is there any actual proof of this, or just butthurt forums poster #2301 who can't get in?

Who cares if it's true or not? That's quite literally just a marketing tool, whether those streamers get keys is probably out of the hands of the devs running the beta anyway.

HBPrince
Feb 22, 2012

Conot posted:

Just butthurt forum poster. CohhCarnage who has a large audience couldn't get in either due to the error while Toweliee could.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Hey you can actually make fat people in this game and female characters with six packs and hips wide enough for an actual chance to give birth to something.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 11, 2015

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Aaah WTF :D One of character options is just a guy in a suit. Appearance options are: future looking guy - same style of clothes as NPCs; business suit; future GI; future biker; gay musketeer and out of nowhere just plain looking normal person in black jeans and a shirt.

I would advise against spending money on it yet, it's pretty bad. It's only a start of closed beta and they'll probably fix screen tearing and the music (I hope they completely replace it) but cinematics are probably there to stay and they are just laughable. I think they even tried to mimic 300

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 11, 2015

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Has anyone actually made it in? I keep getting a 107 error.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I had that for a while, but then I got in all of a sudden. Already through the tutorial and now in the char generator trying to create abominations.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

Hammerstein posted:

trying to create abominations.

It has begun.

Orv
May 4, 2011
$20 is a pretty great deal to create unlife.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

fadam posted:

Has anyone actually made it in? I keep getting a 107 error.
If you're getting the 107 error then try connecting to Europe.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Lemon King posted:

If you're getting the 107 error then try connecting to Europe.

Will you lose your character/name when you play on the North American servers?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Watched it, combat looks garbage. Thought it was going to be GW2/Tera style but what they call "action combat" looks dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm getting error code 2 now.

• Locked thread