Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The PAtriot Way is just a ripoff of the Raider Way, murdering people who show you disrespect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Patriot Way is hiring a driver only so you don't get pulled over for trying to drive with your nose in the playbook

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

little munchkin posted:

basically it involves manning up, making big plays, scoring touchdowns, etc.

so you mean eli and not peyton

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

NC-17 posted:

Between 2002 (when the current division lineup was created) and 2010 (Manning's last healthy year with the team), the Colts won the division seven times, and also secured a wildcard berth. The rest of the AFC South made the playoffs six times.

During that same period of time the Patriots won their division seven times. The rest of the AFC East made the playoffs six times.

So you are saying both conferences are even.

Sic Semper Touchdownius Tomius.

Hail Satan

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Julian Edelman and friends

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Serisothikos posted:

do you think Eli has "True Champion" nametags sewn into the necks of all of his shirts
He should. He's earned it.

sweet thursday fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 7, 2015

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

This is the dumbest post, in the worst thread, on the ugliest forum.

At first I just posted a dumb joke reply without reading the thread at all, but lol at the op writing a whole lot of words and being serious about this

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Theses grown men who get paid millions of dollars to throw a ball around and slap each other on the rear end really inspired me, and here's what their generic platitudes mean to me, as a person who pays 100$ for a shirt because it has one of their names on the back.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A very select few people actually get paid to throw the ball

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

In fact I'd say the majority of football players usually aren't handling the ball at all

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

In fact I'd say the majority of football players usually aren't handling the ball at all

No spoilers please, I still haven't finished my copy of Michael Holley's "War Room: The Legacy of Bill Belichick and the Art of Building the Perfect Team".

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I feel like mental midget would've been a better username

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Patriot Way means handing the ball to the referee after a touchdown quietly and avoiding making excessive eye contact

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Patriot Way is heading back to your car at halftime if the Pats aren't up by at least 2 scores

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Patriot Way means always thanking your offensive line first, always

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The Patriot Way is being shy about pooping in public restrooms and holding it until you get home

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Patriot Way is pushing your shopping cart all the way into the cart corral to make more room and get a few loose carts stacked together

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's DVRing your favorite show and not fast forwarding through the commercials. It's taking the high road when someone trolls you and your thread.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The Patriot Way is going on internet message boards and unironically posting that "maybe Billy can trade terrible-rear end Brady to some lovely team like the Browns for Raiders for three first round picks" after the Patriots fall to 2-1 on the season

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Patriot Way is complaining your season is lost when you are 4-1

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Patriot Way is sitting next to me at work and annoying me all day.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Patriot Way is gay.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Borsche69 posted:

The Patriot Way is gay.

TBF Tom Brady is really outrageously good looking

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Raku posted:

TBF Tom Brady is really outrageously good looking

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Patriots.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Patriots.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Patriot Way means being the designated designated driver

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
The Patriot Way is giving grown rear end millionaire men UGG boots for Christmas

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Thank you for posting this.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the patriot way is like a dirty sanchez except you apply two streaks so it looks like a road

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
Third and ten again
Send in the scrappy white guy
The Patriot Way

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/02/01/shaughnessy/NhWax5COhEjIqewKNbUmwI/story.html

quote:

GLENDALE, Ariz. — There. New England football fans have the ultimate validation of the Patriot Way.

The Patriots once again established that they win because they are smarter, more clutch, and better than everybody else. Nothing less. Super Bowl XLIX was an homage to the Hoodie. For the first time in 10 years, the Patriots are champions of the football world, and no one can take that from them.

In a wild game that had everything, the Patriots rallied from a 10-point deficit (it would have deflated most teams) with less than eight minutes remaining and defeated the Seattle Seahawks, 28-24, Sunday night at University of Phoenix Stadium.

“I’m so proud of these players,’’ said coach Bill Belichick. “I love these guys.’’

Best Super Bowl of them all? Maybe. Certainly the craziest. Playing what he termed “the biggest game of my life,’’ Tom Brady (37 of 50, 328 yards) threw four touchdown passes, copped the MVP trophy, and moved into the four-Super Bowl plateau occupied by Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw.

The final 66 seconds are easily the wildest minute-plus in Super Bowl lore. It looked very much like Groundhog Day when Seattle’s Jermaine Kearse made a circus catch on a tipped pass that took the Seahawks to the 5-yard line with 1:14 left. It was shades of David Tyree on the same field against the Patriots seven years earlier.

How Seattle lost it from there will be debated for decades. After Marshawn Lynch ran the ball to the 1-yard line, Seattle had second and goal with 26 seconds left and a timeout in hand. Incredibly, Pete Carroll called for a slant pass from the 1. In traffic. And that’s when Patriots rookie cornerback Malcolm Butler stepped in front of Ricardo Lockette and intercepted Russell Wilson’s pass.

It was a tremendous play by Butler, but it was also nothing less than the strangest play call in the history of sports. Seriously. The Seahawks have the best downhill runner in the game in Lynch. All they had to do was give him the ball one, two, three more times and the game would have been over and Seattle would have had back-to-back championships.

After the game, Carroll tried to explain.

“It’s not the right matchup for us to run the football,’’ said Carroll. “So on second down we throw the ball really to kind of waste that play . . . no second thoughts or no hesitation in that at all. And unfortunately, with the play that we tried to execute, the guy makes a great play and jumps in front of the route and makes an incredible play. And unfortunately, that changes the whole outcome.’’

There was a distinct air of desperation around the Patriots coming into the game. They endured a fortnight of mockery and suspicion after it was learned they used footballs that failed to meet PSI requirements in their AFC Championship rout of the Colts. The league launched a still- pending investigation, and Belichick and team owner Robert Kraft both felt a need to defend the franchise and challenge the NFL to produce evidence that the Patriots had tampered with the footballs.

Deflategate damaged the hard-earned franchise brand, but it also galvanized the Patriots and their fans. It was the Flying Elvises vs. the Shield all week long in Arizona.

Brady and Belichick carried the weight into the ultimate game.

The Patriots wore white jerseys, just as they did in Jacksonville in 2005, the last time they won a Super Bowl. The Patriots were first out of their locker room just after 4:10 p.m., but when the Seahawks emerged a minute later it became clear that this was not going to be a home game for New England. Seattle travels like no other NFL team. Folks from the Pacific Northwest took over Manhattan last year and it was the same deal Sunday night.

The Patriots came out with their old Charlie Weis, dink-and-dunk offense, attempting to kill the Seahawks with a million paper cuts. It was all working nicely as Brady completed nine of his first 10 passes, none of them for more than 11 yards.

Then the Legion of Boom struck. As the Patriots were methodically marching toward what looked like a certain score, Brady was intercepted on his first pass over the middle, with less than two minutes remaining in the first quarter. On third and 6 from the 10, Brady threw a ball off his back foot as he was crunched by a pair of Seahawks. Jeremy Lane intercepted the ball near the goal line and ran it out to the 14. It goes down as one of the worst throws of Brady’s career.

It was 0-0 after one, and 14-14 at halftime.

The Seahawks took a 17-14 lead on a 27-yard field goal by Needham’s own Steven Hauschka in the fourth minute of the second half. On the ensuing series, Brady was intercepted for a second time when linebacker Bobby Wagner stepped in front of Rob Gronkowski.

The Seahawks pounced, with Beast Mode carrying the load, and then Wilson — taking advantage of Darrelle Revis running into an official — floated a 3-yard TD pass to Doug Baldwin to make it 24-14 with 4:54 left in the third.

With the team still trailing by 10 with less than eight minutes to play, Brady went into surgical Montana mode and twice drove the Patriots for touchdowns. The first TD drive was capped by a Brady-to-Danny Amendola 4-yard pass. After a Patriots stop, New England got the ball back and Brady drove the Patriots 64 yards in 10 plays, finishing the winning drive with his fourth TD pass of the night, a 3-yard strike to Julian Edelman. Brady was 8 for 8 on the winning drive.

Two minutes and two seconds remained.

Seattle did not quit. A 31-yard Wilson-to-Lynch pass put the Seahawks into Patriots territory. Then came Kearse’s amazing catch.

Finally, there was the Grady Little-like gift from Pete: the ridiculous slant pass. It was the only interception of a 1-yard pass in the NFL all season.

“I’m so proud of Brady and Belichick for handling everything they did,’’ said Kraft. “I love them and Patriot fans should feel really good. I love our team. I’m proud of our guys. We’re going to carry on and hopefully continue to play well.’’

“It wasn’t the way we drew it up,’’ said Brady. “This was a great team win. . . . It’s been a long journey. I’ve been at it for 15 years and we’ve had a couple of tough games . . . . I’m just proud of our effort and determination as a team. A lot of people lost faith in us early. This is a great feeling.’’

They Did Their Job. They are champs again. And the record will show that 15 years after he was fired by Kraft, Carroll finally delivered a Lombardi trophy to New England.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Dan Shaughnessy is the worst and I say that as an insufferable Pats homer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like any column that starts with "There."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Patriot Way is apparently relying on your opponent to make the worst decision in the history of playcalling?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

swickles posted:

The PAtriot Way is just a ripoff of the Raider Way, murdering people who show you disrespect.
I'm trying to find which is more insufferable, Patriot Way or Cardinal Way; both remarkably similar in their whiteness, but the Cardinal way has that Midwestern facade about being humble and sportsmanship when really they just come off as Yankee's fans with no self awareness

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
The Patriot Way is a phrase for Patriots fans who listen to/call into sports radio as an excuse to defend the team's actions and make them look better.

If a player signs elsewhere, he didn't buy into the Patriot Way, and they're better off without him. Much like the Boston media badmouthing a player on the way out.
If they sign a controversial player, it's the Patriot Way to try to see if they can turn him around.

On the other hand, it's gold for people who hate the Patriots and puts a larger target on their back, which leads me to ask why you made this thread in the first place.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Outside of Florio I know nothing about the super-hack sports journalists and somehow I instantly knew who wrote that before clicking the link.

I still have a hard time believing he's real.

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm trying to find which is more insufferable, Patriot Way or Cardinal Way; both remarkably similar in their whiteness, but the Cardinal way has that Midwestern facade about being humble and sportsmanship when really they just come off as Yankee's fans with no self awareness

The Patriot Way is a thing people actually say though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
For real serious answer, the "Patriot Way" is getting lucky and thinking you earned it and letting that belief make you smug as gently caress.

Go on, hire a head coach fired by the Browns and see what it gets you.

Sour Diesel posted:

Outside of Florio I know nothing about the super-hack sports journalists and somehow I instantly knew who wrote that before clicking the link.

I still have a hard time believing he's real.

He was a Celtics homer who looked like Bill Walton's scrotum, writing for Celtics fans in the Larry Bird era, and I'm pretty sure they all hated him even then.

• Locked thread