Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Phy posted:

I thought the Chevy truck commercials about "It's built with high-strength steel! Like this submarine! Not hoity toity aluminum, like Ford!" were bad, but they managed to dig deeper and find A Truck Will Get You Pussy And A Compact Sedan Won't. poo poo, man. Guess I won't be in the market for a Sonic, Spark, Cruze, or Verano any time soon.

Considering a chevy truck goes for like 50 thousand loving US dollars now and a small chevy car goes for 12, they probably don't give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I was thinking about this the other day. Why are trucks so loving expensive? It's less everything than a car. Over half of the truck is a large empty space for putting things in. You can't say the engine, because you can get a v8 hemi in a Charger or challenger for under $30k

gently caress trucks.

Because rednecks like to go out in the woods and climb rocks and kick mud everywhere. It leads to slightly less redneck people wanting a truck to go hauling around in the sticks and on dirt roads with, which leads down to suburban parking lot queens like you see on TV. It's just like how big drag racing cars eventually translated down to people cruising in camaros and mustangs back in the ye olden times.

• Locked thread