Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

quote:

There are no refunds on these items. End-game players should be expected to know how these work and can experiment with the Item Grade 70 Legendaries freely.
~character rework or new raid item changes which 1,000 mark item is bis~

: learn to play scrubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

snergle posted:

The flavor text on the raid items from the raid designed by the item guy ,who is notoriously lazy, are all blank. Color me SHOCKED

Like 90% of the time flavor text doesn't get added until a release candidate patch. Also they don't matter at all?

There's a lot of things you can poo poo on the devs about but you gotta pick your battles dude.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Amthua doesn't even write the flavor text.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:siren: BETTER GET YOUR BIG BOY AXIS PANTS ON :siren:

Regarding Champion Commendations:

Doomie posted:

quote:

They drop from Raid AXIS Raid (when it launches) and various other places and are used to by upgrades to Item Grade 69 on Medallions and Insignias.

Man Doomie, those typos. Please perfect Home Row posish ASAP.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
If the 69 upgrade is as amazing as the 66 I think I'll pass

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
i need to axis

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Lord went on a big posting spree and kinda sorta teased Nightcrawler and Strange getting new costumes.

it better be Clea

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Kainser posted:

Gaz caved in and halved the price of the 80 legendaries to 1000 odins.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/193810/announcement-level-80-legendary-pricing-update

e; there being no refunds on them is intended though.

Nice Scarlet Vagine sig

re: Champ commendations, will be able to get them in non red axis also
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/2470228#Comment_2470228

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kainser posted:

Lord went on a big posting spree and kinda sorta teased Nightcrawler and Strange getting new costumes.

it better be Clea

Clea enhanced would own. Or that outfit when hes got his underwear and crazy eyes going.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 29, 2015

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

so he could be just like you except 280lbs lighter!!!!!!!!!!!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Like 90% of the time flavor text doesn't get added until a release candidate patch. Also they don't matter at all?

There's a lot of things you can poo poo on the devs about but you gotta pick your battles dude.

P. sure snergle is the guy who was trying to doxx the racist ms. marvel dude.

keep that in mind when you read his posts.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

NotALizardman posted:

P. sure snergle is the guy who was trying to doxx the racist ms. marvel dude.

keep that in mind when you read his posts.

whats this now

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Nodoze posted:

A O'Grady with 1k/1k bdr and cdr

is this last year when o'grady was literally one of two non-thunderbolts insigs with a decent affix

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Gaz is currently uploading a bunch of power previews to their youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SJF3Lr6xc

Seems kinda pointless to me but hey.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

whats this now

snergle posted:

Sent my email to Media Relations
Dan Klores Communications
Jeff Klein
Exective Vice President
(212) 981-5189
jeff_klein@dkcnews.com

I am currently on hold as well.

If I could dox this guy and call his work I would to.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

A lizardman never forgets

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Kelp Plankton posted:

it was a joke. I think amutha is one of the better devs despite all the +1 fighting while +1 fighting hate he gets.

I also wasn't trying i just emailed / called that guy. not taking credit but they did end up "punishing" the racist pos. The quote even says if i could.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

INSIGNIAS THAT WILL TRADE FOR THE MOON, THE SUN, AND THE STARS:

Critical Damage Rating over 1,000
Brutal Damage Rating over 1,000
Area over 420
Melee over 370
Ranged over 370
Attack Speed over 7%
Health over 1,600
+1 Skills
+300 Critical Rating

Any combo of those will net you lots.

Your insignias that net you incredible value on the market are:

Archangel
Cyclops
Shang-Chi
Hulk
Iceman
Wasp
Frankie Raye
Havok
Spider-Woman hahaha
Nick Fury
Adam Warlock
Weapon X
Dagger
Beast
Quake
Captain America
Scarlet Witch
Valkyrie
Venom
Spider-Man
Wonder Man

If you combine two of those top affixes together, say hello to multiple goks with no doubt whatsoever.

Your most lethal combination is: CDR/BDR
if you match up CR/CDR, you will sell a fortune.
If you roll CDR/Health, you will net very well.
If you roll just about any affix/CDR 1000 you will get paid.

If you get any affix I mentioned above, trade bait that.

If you get those affix on any insignia I mentioned above, say hi to your new lottery winnings.

Editors Note: I see the highest trade value on Archangel and Cyclops. People seem to really fight hard for these. You won't go a day without somebody asking for a 1K/1K Archangel.

Don't try to understand it, just take advantage of the market and own it.

ICR fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 29, 2015

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
youre a loving weird idiot, congratulations

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I've never gotten anyone to bite on any insignias in trade, guess I should make the effort of taking a SS of every tool tip and bumping a thread 20 times in the Item Trading subforum

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

youre a loving weird idiot, congratulations

goons.txt

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kainser posted:

Gaz is currently uploading a bunch of power previews to their youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SJF3Lr6xc

Seems kinda pointless to me but hey.

I love that for the preview they elected to show a literal God bring down one of the most dangerous weapons in the lore, and show it having to hit some mooks like eight times to loving kill them. A good sense of the power you will feel playing Marble Hornets 2000

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Eiffel On You posted:

Melee over 420

The cap is 400 at 63.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Midnightghoul posted:

I've never gotten anyone to bite on any insignias in trade, guess I should make the effort of taking a SS of every tool tip and bumping a thread 20 times in the Item Trading subforum

Like I've legit got like 5 or 6 of those combos and nobody has ever offered me anything for them

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The cap is 400 at 63.

MELEE. OVER. 420.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I'm also seeing a large increase to my Hawkeye ttk. Down to 43 seconds on my first try from 55.

The Big Rad Thing though is that you never have to manually cast nerve gas arrow on a raid boss/dummy. The trick arrows proc often enough to keep at least NGA up, it's harder to tell with explosive arrow.

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 29, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

I love that for the preview they elected to show a literal God bring down one of the most dangerous weapons in the lore, and show it having to hit some mooks like eight times to loving kill them. A good sense of the power you will feel playing Marble Hornets 2000

You have six pages of posts in this thread, why not just stop playing?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I don't think that's quite right, it's more like 1K CDR + any other of those mods will get a ton, not just any two. Edit: you also forgot to add 300CR and the +1s.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Eiffel On You posted:

Don't try to understand it, just take advantage of the market and own it.

how about instead of doing this, i find the good items, and then use them instead

because look at what trading and barter economies in video games do to people

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

malhavok posted:

I don't think that's quite right, it's more like 1K CDR + any other of those mods will get a ton, not just any two. Edit: you also forgot to add 300CR and the +1s.

Corrected. Appreciate it. Same to you deathplaque. Thanks for the correction.

And I have seen gok+ offers on +Ranged/+Health now. Ever since Cmm came out, we have seen Wonder Man, Weapon X, etc. and +Health see a rise.

The classic affixes will always net high. loving Natasha Romanova with +1,050 CDR/+1,800 Health just netted 6 gok on trade chat yesterday.

You just gotta find the right buyer. Find a hybrid char and they go crazy for Thor insig with whatever they're after.

But yes, just about any 2 together can get you a return. When you score big though, you must throw it up on the trade forum along with showcasing it on the trade chat. You have Hawks out there who just want high roll poo poo, even if they won't use it.

StarkyIM and Kirra literally only collect items with highest rolls in the game. StarkyIM has things like a HoD with 330/328/327 and he just flashes it in trade chat just because. Kirra does this with her GoK that's best on server. When they see an item they want, they offer up the farm.

Insigs can hit some absurd offers. Get it while the getting is good.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eiffel On You posted:

INSIGNIAS THAT WILL TRADE FOR THE MOON, THE SUN, AND THE STARS:

Why would I want to trade for IAMTHEMOON???

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Because he is filled with all kinds of positive influence and words of wisdom?!?!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh yeah, one more key piece of advice I want to give you all.

:siren: REROLL YOUR DOOP INSIGNIA ON THE COSMIC VENDOR DAILY :siren:

If you get a CDR/BDR roll that's high, you're rich.

It's free roll daily bros. make it rain. Make money. Hell if you get great affixes period you're making bank for free.

Get money stay true.

trem
Sep 17, 2009

Lux Aeterna posted:

So I switched over to knives, hide, kiss, nisanti, algrim and tossed on an hpp. I still get times in the high 40s before his 1800 or so unaware kicks in.

Biggest issue is the 40% boss damage doesn't apply to raid bosses still so he can't contribute 100% on all fights.

He's got like 29k hp, 45% dodge, 45% deflect and holds up well enough. Still has one of the best ults in the game and his sig is super satisfying.

I just don't know what legendary to give him out of the new ones. He would be a lock for norn stones if they had energy.

He's a fun dude. Still one of my favs to play but hasn't kept up as well.

Thanks. I probably won't raid with him (I've only done one green ever) and I don't have some of that stuff but it gives me an idea of where to go.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
I have a 1049/5,3% cyclops that i would like to trade för a similar one Wanda can use

Edit http://i.imgur.com/C6Oh6Qk.png

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Bucky is surprising. I've heard all about how bad he is from chat, but melee Bucky does some nice damage so far. Only 45 though, so maybe he is completely lacking at 60?

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

No he still does pretty good damage. Part of his problem is he was released at the same time as Cap's rework so he was outshined, but over the next few patches they fixed up most of his little issues. He's still a little bit squishy but overall he's in a good spot.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I remember the primary issue he had was squishiness. Aside from being released alongside cap who is like, the gold standard of hitting people really hard at close range and never dying while being fun to play.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Yeah I remember the primary issue he had was squishiness. Aside from being released alongside cap who is like, the gold standard of hitting people really hard at close range and never dying while being fun to play.

It's definitely extremely noticeable. I mained Cap while fleshing out the roster, and now that I've played pretty much every hero to 50, the difference between Cap and other melee heroes is enormous. Struggling to kill things on one hero, only to face roll them on another. It really does highlight just how bad the power creep has been. I hope that they can get whomever did the work on him to do the same for other heroes in need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Chances of your favorite hero getting reworked any time soon is slim unless they have just released or have a movie coming out. Which kind of sucks but at least up until axis dropped, every character was viable for red musphelheim. There are already a lot of characters in the roster that can't reach the expected levels of survivability and dps for stuff like sentinels and that's probably only gonna get worse from here on out if Gaz are insistent on increasing the difficulty level of the content without speeding up their character review/qol system.

• Locked thread