Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Has anyone done a good ranged Thor build? Forked Lightning looks kinda middling damage but you could use a grenade on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Iceman 43s TTK (Melee spec). Dude can knock this down 5s easy with some changes.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/9946/

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Has anyone done a good ranged Thor build? Forked Lightning looks kinda middling damage but you could use a grenade on him.

As someone with a 40-ish sort-of-ranged Thor, seems to me that ranged Thor is similar to Storm - Use rolling thunder to make a damage over time field in a line, and then use the bring the thunder to makes a damage over time field in a circle that also gives vulnerability, and channel Crack the Sky for single target damage on the biggest target in your aoe killfield. So pretty much just like Storm, stack your two ranged aoe fields and then channel the lightning spell. Use Son of Odin to keep spirit up, and use the sig on CD. I didn't bother with the cone, using the chain lightning basic instead due to not having infinite spirit while leveling, but you could probably fit that in there at max level, and use it instead of the single target channel on multiple enemies. It seemed pretty immensely strong while leveling, at least.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 6, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So every time I try to play this i get to a load screen and it says it has some kind of error due to running out of disk space. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I'm able to play other games just fine, it's weirdly just this one that constantly crashes. It doesn't even let me get into the first zones.

Any solutions you guys know?

I spent like 20 bucks on this game back when it worked still, and then like a week after I spent money I started having this issue. it's kinda lame.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

KittyEmpress posted:

So every time I try to play this i get to a load screen and it says it has some kind of error due to running out of disk space. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I'm able to play other games just fine, it's weirdly just this one that constantly crashes. It doesn't even let me get into the first zones.

Any solutions you guys know?

I spent like 20 bucks on this game back when it worked still, and then like a week after I spent money I started having this issue. it's kinda lame.

How is your disk space

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Musluk posted:

RIP in peace, old thread.

I've barely loving posted or played over the past month or two and I'm still in the top five, jesus christ I need a real hobby.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

keep up the great work pengy. i'd be proud of being top 5 poster if i were you.

Loving me some Babby Drake. Construct Focus, Golems, Sig=instant melt on bosses. It's so insane. I know Big Pun steals the show this go around because he truly deserves it. 10/10 review for real.

But gotta give Dr. Manhattan some credit too. Even with the numerous bugs, he is a great addition to the game and very powerful.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How is it with getting your pets to attack the right things? Big problem?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Zeike posted:

How is your disk space

My hard drive has 102 GB of free space, if that's what you mean.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Leper Residue posted:

I've barely loving posted or played over the past month or two and I'm still in the top five, jesus christ I need a real hobby.

:justpost:

Big Pun is hilariously fun to play. Do we know who did the review for him? They knocked it out of the park.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

KittyEmpress posted:

My hard drive has 102 GB of free space, if that's what you mean.

what's the actual error message?

also, post the last several lines of Launch.log which is located in %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Marvel Heroes\MarvelGame\Logs

e^ it was started mostly by artofrawr, but since he left I'm guessing mayhem, ryolnir and psilocke stepped in to finish

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RatHat posted:

How is it with getting your pets to attack the right things? Big problem?
It's a little annoying before you have your full toolkit, but between the Construct Focus active (pulsing aoes around all your summons) to kill off trash + resummoning them directly onto/next to the boss to haul them off of whatever idiot poo poo they wanted to murder instead, it's not TOO hard to get them to kill what you want. Not as easy as a Sic 'Em button, but not as frustratingly arbitrary as an Emma minion either.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Yes, I did it! Made it to 60 before they killed my buffs.
COSMIC TODAY!!!

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Serverside boost is 25% - makes you really appreciate the 192%.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Wait, wat? I thought DarkBeast was making fun of the other racist rear end in a top hat?

(Disclaimer: I only read that thread past page 14 though)

EDIT: Also, it might be because i'm still not 60 on PunMan and have his uniques (his 'stride' power was starting to cause me dizziness so had to stop playing) but he still hasn't transitioned to Funisher for me :(

Ammo + Cooldowns on cool powers is doing my head in :s

madstrike fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 6, 2015

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

madstrike posted:

Wait, wat? I thought DarkBeast was making fun of the other racist rear end in a top hat?

(Disclaimer: I only read that thread past page 14 though)

EDIT: Also, it might be because i'm still not 60 on PunMan and have his uniques (his 'stride' power was starting to cause me dizziness so had to stop playing) but he still hasn't transitioned to Funisher for me :(

Ammo + Cooldowns on cool powers is doing my head in :s

I haven't really gelled with Punny yet either but his uniques are freaking crazy. I can see everything coming together once I figure out his power setup and have all of his uniques.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

It's not that he's racist, it's that he thinks she'd "unproven" and older characters are more deserving of being in the game first. Basically, he's an old man that doesn't understand why Ms. Marvel is popular and resents the hell out of it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Ms. Marvel doesn't have any guns so whats the point of adding her?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Neither does Hulk.

Cars aren't weapons, right?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
No they're a type of magic summon

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

My thoughts so far on Iceman:

Did white 1-60 as the standard Frozen Orb build and it was cool but nothing too crazy. Slaughtered Mandy for a while after I hit 60 to get my Mkraan maxed out for prestiging and he was doing good damage with mediocre stuff in his slot 1-5. My impression of him at this point was that he had some flashy spells and good damage due being a new hero, but nothing too special as far as rotation goes. I decided for green prestige to try out the Construct Focus and I was planning on throwing in melee attacks too. Construct Focus loving owns and having 3 buff as gently caress ice dudes to beat the poo poo out of everything is great. It also makes the rotation a little more involved since there is no cooldown on your shatter skills. Now I don't know how it will perform at 60 compared to other specs, but I think a Construct Focus spec using Frozen Orb and the Melee Shatter ability could be pretty powerful. Ice Wall is a little janky in that it moves bosses around, but I don't think that will affect raid bosses. Here is the rotation I currently use:

Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Arctic Wave>Construct Focus>Cold Snap>Statue>Ice Wall>Arctic Wave>Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Arctic Wave>Signature. On longer fights (like raids) you would use Frozen Orb as filler but the current rotation is a huge amount of burst damage. Being able to do back-to-back-to-back shatters with Arctic Wave seems pretty strong, especially with the explosion from Ice Wall. If anyone with good gear/high omegas wants to test this out at 60 I would love to hear how it does. For gear I don't think you would gear him like a pet character, just normal gear avoiding attack speed, since I did more testing with Frozen Orb and IAS doesn't appear to give extra ticks like I thought.

This build would probably also work fine as melee if you wanted to swap out Frozen Orb for Icy Arsenal.

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 6, 2015

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

a cock shaped fruit posted:

All jokes aside, my birthday is actually coming up and I am considering dropping some money on Marvel Heroes. Maybe some fortune cards? Which ones are the best bang for your buck?

Future cards, I think. Don't they have a chance to give iBoosts?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Uh, Lenny kills things by accident. Sue can't kill things even if she tries her hardest.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Well it was a great past few weeks. Lots of boosts, new peeps yellowmanning, iceman and big pun are here--great times period.

This event is a nice breather to just move at my own pace so I needed this. I'm going to stock up heavily on midtown boxes and clean my stashes. I think I have a lot of garbage in there and I won't be needing most of it.

Despite being down their only developer and having the milkman have to step in to do the new characters, Mr Gaz did well.

I'm hoping to see great things come out of CHEEVS and the new raid for starters.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

How much longer til blade?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Degs posted:

How much longer til blade?

Eight months.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Eiffel On You posted:

Well it was a great past few weeks. Lots of boosts, new peeps yellowmanning, iceman and big pun are here--great times period.

This event is a nice breather to just move at my own pace so I needed this. I'm going to stock up heavily on midtown boxes and clean my stashes. I think I have a lot of garbage in there and I won't be needing most of it.

Despite being down their only developer and having the milkman have to step in to do the new characters, Mr Gaz did well.

I'm hoping to see great things come out of CHEEVS and the new raid for starters.

Yup, it's been a great leveling week for sure. Glad I didn't grind up Mr. Punishman SWAT edition and I'll definitely have to prestige him sometime.

Now that we have Midtown week, I can safely ignore/uninstall the game until the Scarlet Witch 52 or the Anniversary event.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh hey it's a new thread.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I miss the old thread already :rip:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

WarLocke posted:

Wait Punisher is good now? :psyboom:

Punisher is the best around

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I feel like I've missed something in my autistic sperg of MH4. What is the new title referencing?

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Racist oforums rant about why kamala kahn the new ms marvel has no place in Marvel Heroes 2015.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh, ok.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Punisher is definitely really fun now, but I don't agree that he's as amazing as everyone's parroting.

Unless you've got well rolled uniques and have a fair bit of strength, you're probably going to run into some instances where you have to stop attacking momentarily to let your cooldowns finish. Granted, this *might* be 1-2 seconds, every fifth fight... but it's kind of weak.

This wouldn't be a problem if SP cost reduction Omega nodes or other synergies and poo poo actually affected the skill costs... but they don't. I'm not sure if this is intended or a minor bug, but speccing into the node next to night night pistol was supposed to give me 10% Attack Speed, +10% base damage with ranged skills. I got the attack speed. No cost reduction. Strength attribute does reduce costs by the stated percent per point, though.

He does great damage for his skills. He's real fun in larger scale content now since you can dash right into the thick of battle and start spinning like a maniac while spitting fire at the enemies surrounding you. They'll all die. Don't worry.

The combat issue I find comes from his skills being designed to almost follow a specific rotation else procs won't be up or cooldowns won't be ready. This means if you don't want to follow that suggested setup (the skills both of your heavy weapons skills give bonuses to) then you'll feel at odds with your skill bar sometimes. It's not always prevalent, but it happens and kills the momentum of combat.

Also: he has too many skills you'll want to take because everything is awesome. I don't have that many fingers, gaz, and I'm not using some weird 1-6 patented hot key layout.

Really though, what I wrote above accounts for like 3% of the loss of fun I've had with him since the patch went live. 97% fun times is unheard of with gaz updates. Frank is solid. He punishes now... finally.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I switched my build over to the Summons build and am really enjoying it now.
The ranged/melee hybrid stick doesn't do it for me. I feel like I am to drat squishy, spirit is too low and bosses take to drat long to kill.

Summons build seems to be the way I'll handle this going forward. The loss of the 192%xp buff to 25% xp is huge. REALLY slowing down the grind even with buffs galore going. I am trying to take my time and enjoy the journey. I will prestige today in between various errands and what have you. Need to work toward cosmic

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You can do it Chalupi!

Yeah his best build is Construct Focus build. I can't believe, CANNOT BELIEVE, how beastly his golems are.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I switched my build over to the Summons build and am really enjoying it now.
The ranged/melee hybrid stick doesn't do it for me. I feel like I am to drat squishy, spirit is too low and bosses take to drat long to kill.

Summons build seems to be the way I'll handle this going forward. The loss of the 192%xp buff to 25% xp is huge. REALLY slowing down the grind even with buffs galore going. I am trying to take my time and enjoy the journey. I will prestige today in between various errands and what have you. Need to work toward cosmic

Is his summons build basically what soscannonballs described above? I might end up grabbing Iceman since I almost have the splinters to do it (and almost certainly will by the time I get Punisher to 60).

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Is his summons build basically what soscannonballs described above? I might end up grabbing Iceman since I almost have the splinters to do it (and almost certainly will by the time I get Punisher to 60).

Didn't see his post so lets see how it compares to my thoughts

soscannonballs posted:

My thoughts so far on Iceman:

Did white 1-60 as the standard Frozen Orb build and it was cool but nothing too crazy. Slaughtered Mandy for a while after I hit 60 to get my Mkraan maxed out for prestiging and he was doing good damage with mediocre stuff in his slot 1-5. My impression of him at this point was that he had some flashy spells and good damage due being a new hero, but nothing too special as far as rotation goes.
Yeah. nothing too special at first. I wasn't feeling him either. I have NOT tried the frozen orb build, most likely won't, but was doing a ranged/melee hybrid. I did not care for it at all. Bosses were taking way to long in terminals to down and LOL at trying to kill a boss in Midtown or ICR by myself. So spirit starved even with the +200 spirit from M'kraan and the +spirit from hitting enemies with energy attacks

soscannonballs posted:

I decided for green prestige to try out the Construct Focus and I was planning on throwing in melee attacks too. Construct Focus loving owns and having 3 buff as gently caress ice dudes to beat the poo poo out of everything is great.
Absolutely. Baller as gently caress. Not sure how it will do at 60 raid content but it makes leveling fun.

It also makes the rotation a little more involved since there is no cooldown on your shatter skills. Now I don't know how it will perform at 60 compared to other specs, but I think a Construct Focus spec

soscannonballs posted:

Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Arctic Wave>Construct Focus>Cold Snap>Statue>Ice Wall>Arctic Wave>Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Arctic Wave>Signature. On longer fights (like raids) you would use Frozen Orb as filler but the current rotation is a huge amount of burst damage. Being able to do back-to-back-to-back shatters with Arctic Wave seems pretty strong, especially with the explosion from Ice Wall. If anyone with good gear/high omegas wants to test this out at 60 I would love to hear how it does. For gear I don't think you would gear him like a pet character, just normal gear avoiding attack speed, since I did more testing with Frozen Orb and IAS doesn't appear to give extra ticks like I thought.

This build would probably also work fine as melee if you wanted to swap out Frozen Orb for Icy Arsenal.

I use frozen lance over Icy Arsenal and don't use Frozen orb. Nor do I use Artic Wave but am interesting in tweaking my build more. Honestly my build is based around just Frozen Lance spam cause I'm lazy. Its just priority really
Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Frozen Lance
Repeat as Iceslick comes off cooldown. Toss in Construct Focus, IceWall on top of bosses, Statue and Sig whenever possible. Spam spam spam and win. Might not be the most fine tuned setup but I murder bosses quick and barely get touched. I enjoy it
If I am on a boss I'll go
Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Frozen Lance>Construct Focus>Frost Nova>Frozen Lance(Repeat Ice Slick, Flash Freeze Lance) Statue and Sig.
Bosses normally dead before Sig finishes

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

My iceman rotation with no slots equipped except a slot 1 cosmic is:

Ice Slick, 3 Golems, Team Up Attack, Signature.

Everything is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Eiffel On You posted:

My iceman rotation with no slots equipped except a slot 1 cosmic is:

Ice Slick, 3 Golems, Team Up Attack, Signature.

Everything is dead.

Wait is there are only 3 summons at a time? I could swear I've had 4 repeatedly

• Locked thread