Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm drafting five offensive linemen.

Seriously though besides a lineman in a first what do Giants fans think

hehe Linebacker hehe

Time to start grooming Eli's replacement.

Don't the Giants totes need another RB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Chilichimp posted:

Time to start grooming Eli's replacement.

Don't the Giants totes need another RB?

But that's what udfas are for

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
When we drafting when we drafting I need my soul crushed more.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'll take the Ravens.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

e: read the thread. axiel I'm around if you get a toughie (lol)

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

axeil posted:

I also will take any suggestions from the TFF Eagles braintrust into account.

If you dont draft every single Oregon player you are moving too far into fan fiction draft territory

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Anyone else from Cleveland side wanna weigh in? I'm working on targets and needs and things putting it together. Then after let's do some spreadsheets, macros, graphs and power points! Perhaps a recruiting video! YAY!

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
I'll do the Cowboys. I've drafted for them the last two seasons though so if someone else wants to step in go ahead.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Gatts posted:

Anyone else from Cleveland side wanna weigh in? I'm working on targets and needs and things putting it together. Then after let's do some spreadsheets, macros, graphs and power points! Perhaps a recruiting video! YAY!

Just go outside and ask the first homeless guy you see, but only after spending hours of work on that.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

swickles posted:

Just go outside and ask the first homeless guy you see, but only after spending hours of work on that.

Sweet Thursday is right over there

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

The Cleveland Browns select BLARHRHRHGHGHGHHHHRHGHHG, USC.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Disillusionist posted:

I'll do the Cowboys. I've drafted for them the last two seasons though so if someone else wants to step in go ahead.

Rasczak posted:

Woo I'll do Cowboys

:colbert:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
^^^ heh, got a chuckle out of that

swickles posted:

Then fire yourself.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Athanatos posted:

If you dont draft every single Oregon player you are moving too far into fan fiction draft territory

Ducks Fly Together :colbert:

Seriously, whoever has the Buccs/Raiders/Jets/etc picks, what do we need to do to make a deal? PM me.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

I checked the OP but didn't read the thread. I am as smart a GM as Jerry :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

axeil posted:

Ducks Fly Together :colbert:

Seriously, whoever has the Buccs/Raiders/Jets/etc picks, what do we need to do to make a deal? PM me.

No trades.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

swickles posted:

No trades.

:smith:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Dr. Swickles prescribes no trades, sir.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

swickles posted:

Welcome to the 2015 Goon Draft!! The Combine has come and gone and now all we have left is speculation, and more speculation fueled by actual trades and FA signings that might slightly impact the draft strategy for some teams.

How it works: Sign up to become the pretend GM/owner/draftpicker for an NFL franchise. You will have a 24 hour window to choose your guy. If you don't have PM's, you need to list an e-mail so we can prompt you that its your turn. If you don't make your selection, at the end of the window, I will make it for you. You can designate someone you trust to make that decision for you if need be.

Trades allowed?: To make this easy and to make it so that things don't go batshit haywire, no trades. We will be going by the stated draft order. If for some reason a trade happens before we start our draft, then those picks will be adjusted. Once our draft starts though, the order will be locked.

So go ahead and claim your teams. First come first serve. The draft order is:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20
2. Tennessee Titans
3. Jacksonville Jaguars Forever_Peace
4. Oakland Raiders warcrimes
5. Washington Redskins
6. New York Jets
7. Chicago Bears
8. Atlanta Falcons Shath Hole
9. New York Giants ZenVulgarity
10. St. Louis Rams JRizzle
11. Minnesota Vikings Darth Brooks
12. Cleveland Browns Gatts
13. New Orleans Saints Silly Burrito
14. Miami Dolphins AAA Dolfan
15. San Francisco 49ers Coldforge
16. Houston Texans
17. San Diego Chargers SA2K
18. Kansas City Chiefs No Butt Stuff
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo)
20. Philadelphia Eagles axeil
21. Cincinnati Bengals korrandark
22. Pittsburgh Steelers Perry the Platypus
23. Detroit Lions Cruel and Unusual
24. Arizona Cardinals
25. Carolina Panthers TheFlyingLlama
26. Baltimore Ravens Atticus Finch
27. Dallas Cowboys Rasczak
28. Denver Broncos Arabian Jesus
29. Indianapolis Colts ShakeZula
30. Green Bay Packers Fenrir
31. Seattle Seahawks seiferguy
32. New England Patriots sean10mm

Official Standby List:

johnfw50
some old hussy
KettleWL

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Gatts posted:

you really can't go wrong

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

If supplemental picks are out by the time we get to them, I will put them in. Again, no trades unless the two real teams agree to it before we start. So all these trades going on right now will be reflected in the order once we start. Chances are this will fizzle before the 5th round, but I am optimistic we can do three and will fly to each of your houses to ensure it at least goes for two. Once we start drafting, the order will be locked unless something crazy happens.

As for when we start, that should be soon. We still have 6 teams that need GM's: Titans (#2 pick!!), Washington, Jets, Bears (picks 5-7!!!), Texans (16), Cardinals (24) and Buffalo (no first round pick :(). We have three people who will manage any team, but I want to give people an extra day to sign up for their team. I will also manage a team if need be, so at the very least we need 3 more people to sign up. Once we have everyone assigned, I will make a separate thread for people to post their picks AND ONLY THEIR PICKS. All discussion will be in this thread. Once you post, you will state who is "on the clock" and send them a PM to let them know. You will have 24 hours to make the pick from the previous post. The first round tends to go pretty fast though. In previous years we have lifted the 24 hour rule on weekends. I am thinking of not doing that this year. If you foresee that being a problem for you, let me know and we can make exceptions if it comes up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gatts posted:

Just hit the streets and drop $5 on hobo opinions

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i guess i'll take the titans

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Alright, this is a Saturday so I'm gonna go out and live as a hobo and amongst hobos for a day. Maybe some magic will rub off of on me.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Do we have an actual Titans fan here

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Yes! I've seen a few but I'm not sure if they've been posting in the offseason. They do exist though!

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

They're like leprechauns: yes they probably exist but if you wanted to get a hold of one you'd likely have to build a trap

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

Metapod, a few posts above yours.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

i guess i'll take the titans

Atticus Finch posted:

Metapod, a few posts above yours.

Which, incidentally enough, is the exact wording he used when he became a Titans fan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Which, incidentally enough, is the exact wording he used when he became a Titans fan

i'm preparing my body for a disappointing draft. That is why I said it like that

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I've got the Browns sorted out. If no one is claiming other teams and we need to move along I'll accept another team as long as there is not felt a conflict of interest and it speeds things up.

VV You joke but I've already got a Long Snapper picked out and depending on how far this draft goes will get him if I'm not scooped.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 7, 2015

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
the good thing about drafting for the titans this year is that there's almost no position we don't need massive, massive help at. You can almost not make a bad pick.

*drafts a punter in the second round*

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I know there's no trades but at this point isn't it near automatic that Minnesota trades position with Cleveland (and gets some lower round picks).

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Darth Brooks posted:

I know there's no trades but at this point isn't it near automatic that Minnesota trades position with Cleveland (and gets some lower round picks).

You willing to trade 19 in the first and a 5th for your 1st, boyo? Ha! In reality it had better not cost a lot. There are a lot of needs and value this draft.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
If no one wants the Redskins, I will take them. I'm still giving input on Raider's picks, though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrLogan posted:

If no one wants the Redskins, I will take them. I'm still giving input on Raider's picks, though.

I'll take them unless your heart is set on the shitshow.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Gatts posted:

You willing to trade 19 in the first and a 5th for your 1st, boyo? Ha! In reality it had better not cost a lot. There are a lot of needs and value this draft.

In 2012 the Vikings Pick was 4th, Cleveland 5th. They traded places and Minnesota picked up Cleveland's fourth, fifth, and seventh round pick.
In 2014 the Vikings Pick was 8th, Cleveland 9th. They traded places and Minnesota picked up Cleveland's fifth round pick.

Now the Vikings Pick 11th and Cleveland 12th. I'd move down for a fifth, which seems to be the common theme.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Darth Brooks posted:

In 2012 the Vikings Pick was 4th, Cleveland 5th. They traded places and Minnesota picked up Cleveland's fourth, fifth, and seventh round pick.
In 2014 the Vikings Pick was 8th, Cleveland 9th. They traded places and Minnesota picked up Cleveland's fifth round pick.

Now the Vikings Pick 11th and Cleveland 12th. I'd move down for a fifth, which seems to be the common theme.

Hahha I forgot. Wow, you're right it'd probably be a foregone conclusion.

EDIT: Cleveland has the 12th and 19th, I'd give you the 19th and a 5th for your 11th pick so I could go back to back and secure at least one of the guys I most def want. But a 5th for a flip flop I'm not hot on given I have a target in the 5th if he's around for that.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 8, 2015

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'll take them unless your heart is set on the shitshow.

Go ahead. I was simply going to go BPA every round for them since they have so many holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrLogan posted:

Go ahead. I was simply going to go BPA every round for them since they have so many holes.

Hopefully our new GM does the same after trading down as much as possible.

• Locked thread