Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Welcome to the 2015 Goon Draft!! The Combine has come and gone and now all we have left is speculation, and more speculation fueled by actual trades and FA signings that might slightly impact the draft strategy for some teams.

How it works: Sign up to become the pretend GM/owner/draftpicker for an NFL franchise. You will have a 24 hour window to choose your guy. If you don't have PM's, you need to list an e-mail so we can prompt you that its your turn. If you don't make your selection, at the end of the window, I will make it for you. You can designate someone you trust to make that decision for you if need be.

Trades allowed?: To make this easy and to make it so that things don't go batshit haywire, no trades. We will be going by the stated draft order. If for some reason a trade happens before we start our draft, then those picks will be adjusted. Once our draft starts though, the order will be locked.

So go ahead and claim your teams. First come first serve. The draft order is:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20
2. Tennessee Titans Metapod
3. Jacksonville Jaguars Forever_Peace
4. Oakland Raiders warcrimes
5. Washington Redskins MrLogan / Beer4TheBeerGod
6. New York Jets zimbomonkey
7. Chicago Bears KettleWL
8. Atlanta Falcons Shath Hole
9. New York Giants ZenVulgarity
10. St. Louis Rams JRizzle
11. Minnesota Vikings Darth Brooks
12. Cleveland Browns Gatts
13. New Orleans Saints Silly Burrito
14. Miami Dolphins AAA Dolfan
15. San Francisco 49ers Coldforge
16. Houston Texans b0ng
17. San Diego Chargers SA2K
18. Kansas City Chiefs No Butt Stuff
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) Tremendous Taste
20. Philadelphia Eagles axeil
21. Cincinnati Bengals korrandark
22. Pittsburgh Steelers Perry the Platypus
23. Detroit Lions Cruel and Unusual
24. Arizona Cardinals johnfw50
25. Carolina Panthers TheFlyingLlama
26. Baltimore Ravens Atticus Finch
27. Dallas Cowboys Rasczak
28. Denver Broncos Arabian Jesus
29. Indianapolis Colts ShakeZula
30. Green Bay Packers Fenrir
31. Seattle Seahawks seiferguy
32. New England Patriots sean10mm

Official Standby List:

johnfw50
some old hussy
KettleWL

swickles fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also if you want to pick and don't care for what team (or your team is taken) let me know and I will assign you one later. Just take it seriously and don't pick a punter in the first or something.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Gatts posted:

Anyone else from Cleveland side wanna weigh in? I'm working on targets and needs and things putting it together. Then after let's do some spreadsheets, macros, graphs and power points! Perhaps a recruiting video! YAY!

Just go outside and ask the first homeless guy you see, but only after spending hours of work on that.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

axeil posted:

Ducks Fly Together :colbert:

Seriously, whoever has the Buccs/Raiders/Jets/etc picks, what do we need to do to make a deal? PM me.

No trades.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

swickles posted:

Welcome to the 2015 Goon Draft!! The Combine has come and gone and now all we have left is speculation, and more speculation fueled by actual trades and FA signings that might slightly impact the draft strategy for some teams.

How it works: Sign up to become the pretend GM/owner/draftpicker for an NFL franchise. You will have a 24 hour window to choose your guy. If you don't have PM's, you need to list an e-mail so we can prompt you that its your turn. If you don't make your selection, at the end of the window, I will make it for you. You can designate someone you trust to make that decision for you if need be.

Trades allowed?: To make this easy and to make it so that things don't go batshit haywire, no trades. We will be going by the stated draft order. If for some reason a trade happens before we start our draft, then those picks will be adjusted. Once our draft starts though, the order will be locked.

So go ahead and claim your teams. First come first serve. The draft order is:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20
2. Tennessee Titans
5. Washington Redskins
6. New York Jets
7. Chicago Bears
8. Atlanta Falcons Shath Hole
9. New York Giants ZenVulgarity
10. St. Louis Rams JRizzle
11. Minnesota Vikings Darth Brooks
12. Cleveland Browns Gatts
13. New Orleans Saints Silly Burrito
16. Houston Texans
18. Kansas City Chiefs No Butt Stuff
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo)
22. Pittsburgh Steelers Perry the Platypus
23. Detroit Lions Cruel and Unusual
24. Arizona Cardinals
26. Baltimore Ravens Atticus Finch
32. New England Patriots sean10mm

Official Standby List:

johnfw50
some old hussy
KettleWL

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

If supplemental picks are out by the time we get to them, I will put them in. Again, no trades unless the two real teams agree to it before we start. So all these trades going on right now will be reflected in the order once we start. Chances are this will fizzle before the 5th round, but I am optimistic we can do three and will fly to each of your houses to ensure it at least goes for two. Once we start drafting, the order will be locked unless something crazy happens.

As for when we start, that should be soon. We still have 6 teams that need GM's: Titans (#2 pick!!), Washington, Jets, Bears (picks 5-7!!!), Texans (16), Cardinals (24) and Buffalo (no first round pick :(). We have three people who will manage any team, but I want to give people an extra day to sign up for their team. I will also manage a team if need be, so at the very least we need 3 more people to sign up. Once we have everyone assigned, I will make a separate thread for people to post their picks AND ONLY THEIR PICKS. All discussion will be in this thread. Once you post, you will state who is "on the clock" and send them a PM to let them know. You will have 24 hours to make the pick from the previous post. The first round tends to go pretty fast though. In previous years we have lifted the 24 hour rule on weekends. I am thinking of not doing that this year. If you foresee that being a problem for you, let me know and we can make exceptions if it comes up.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

johnfw50
some old hussy
KettleWL

First two of you to claim the Bears or Cardinals win. Once you do that, we can start the draft. Since Bears aren't until [ick 7, I might throw up the OP tonight, and the clock will start once wandler20 makes his first pick.

swickles fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 9, 2015

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

swickles posted:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

No. If the team you are representing makes a trade in real life before we start drafting, then the order will change. So if the Broncos jettison Manning for a 1st and 2nd, then that would be reflected. No one on this board is allowed to make trades. Last time they did trades literally every pick was shifted around and I am sure as poo poo not tracking all that. Also, most trades involve future picks as well, so its kind of silly when there is literally no consequence to trading the next 4 years of 1st round picks to move up 10 spots.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Well, looks like there will be a change in the first round after all.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Most of the major trades are out of the way, so we can start the first round soon. Will probably start it Sunday evening. Compensatory picks will be included, but they don't kick in until round 3 and there is no way we are going that fast.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Draft thread is up!!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706716

Start drafting fools!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I updated the Pick thread OP with the Round 2 pick order. Its almost completely different because there were a poo poo ton of tie-breakers last year. I used wikipedia for the specific order and adjusted it accordingly. Could someone be so kind as to double check and make sure I didn't gently caress anything up? Thanks.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ive been updating the picks thread OP with the picks when i can, so you can look at that instead of endless scrolling.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Its Friday, he is probably drinking and shooting up like a goddamned adult you goons.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

It makes sense to shorten the time window as the rounds progress, and 12 hours really should be more than sufficient for someone to find time to make a pick.

Not everyone is glued to the forums 24/7. Compared to last year we are going at breakneck speed so people just need to chill.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Updated the picks in the OP of the picks thread. Will probably post draft order for 3rd round tonight or tomorrow.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

seiferguy posted:

How about for the 3rd round we move the speed of the picks up?

No. This draft is already far far faster than any we have had in the past. Last time I think we started at about the same time and didn't even finish round 2 by the time the actual draft started. Its going at a pretty good pace. If you have a job where you aren't glued to a computer all day, its not really fair. The draft is going to stay at the same speed. Its not someone agonizing over a pick for hours, its them realizing its their turn, taking 20 minutes or so to research or find a pick, and posting. Unless you want to give out phone numbers and such, there is really no effective way to make this go any faster.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Intruder posted:

Yeah I like Perriman's size but with Mallett's arm having a pure burner would open things up for Nuk and you'd get the occasional homerun

Plus it would be a WR from the U to fill the hole in my heart

Before the combine, a lot of people expected Dorsett to run the fastest time. If he had done that, then he would have absolutely gone in the 2nd, and some people were thinking late first before the Seahawks trade. Anyways, that pick isn't as big a reach as some are making it out to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked middle of the 2nd. Its definitely the high end of the spectrum though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I PMed axeil about making a pick. If he doesn't I will make one tomorrow. Tell me what the Eagles biggest needs are .

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Gatts posted:

To confirm. When we make our pick do we PM the next person? If they have plat.

Its up to you. You can if you want to. I have been only PMing if they havent made a pick after 12 hours or so.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Thanks for making a pick Intruder. Stuff is a little crazy for me this week due to traveling, so if you guys could just PM the next fake GM after making your pick, that would be cool. I promise I will get back to occasionally bothering you next week!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

KettleWL posted:

Round 4

Pick (overall)
1 (100). Tennessee Titans
2 (101). New England Patriots (from Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
3 (102). Oakland Raiders
4 (103). Jacksonville Jaguars
5 (104). New York Jets
6 (105). Washington Redskins
7 (106). Chicago Bears
8 (107). Atlanta Falcons
9 (108). New York Giants
10 (109). Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from St. Louis Rams)
11 (110). Minnesota Vikings
12 (111). Cleveland Browns
13 (112). Seattle Seahawks (from New Orleans Saints)
14 (113). Philadelphia Eagles (from San Francisco 49ers through Buffalo Bills)
15 (114). Miami Dolphins
16 (115). Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo Bills)
17 (116). Houston Texans
18 (117). San Diego Chargers
19 (118). Kansas City Chiefs
20 (119). St. Louis Rams (from Philadelphia Eagles)
21 (120). Cincinnati Bengals
22 (121). Pittsburgh Steelers
23 (122). Baltimore Ravens (from Detroit Lions)
24 (123). Arizona Cardinals
25 (124). Carolina Panthers
26 (125). Baltimore Ravens
27 (126). San Francisco 49ers (from Denver Broncos)
28 (127). Dallas Cowboys
29 (128). Indianapolis Colts
30 (129). Green Bay Packers
31 (130). Seattle Seahawks
32 (131). New England Patriots
33 (132). San Francisco 49ers (compensatory selection)
34 (133). Denver Broncos (compensatory selection)
35 (134). Seattle Seahawks (compensatory selection)
36 (135). Cincinnati Bengals (compensatory selection)
37 (136). Baltimore Ravens (compensatory selection)

Thanks, I was about to do this!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, I don't update after every pick, so make sure you look at the previous couple picks as well when making a pick.

edit: Also Tremendous Taste won't be able to keep up for the Bills, anyone want to step in and rule with an iron fist?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Round 5 order up:

1. Minnesota Vikings Darth Brooks
2. Tennessee Titans Metapod
5. Washington Redskins Beer4TheBeerGod
6. Chicago Bears KettleWL
7. Denver Broncos Arabian Jesus
8. New York Giants ZenVulgarity
9. Philadelphia Eagles axeil
10. Atlanta Falcons Shath Hole
11. Cleveland Browns Gatts
12. New Orleans Saints Silly Burrito
13. Miami Dolphins AAA Dolfan
16. Houston Texans b0ng
18. New Orleans Saints Silly Burrito
19. Buffalo Bills Tremendous Taste
22. Baltimore Ravens Atticus Finch
23. Arizona Cardinals johnfw50
24. Pittsburgh Steelers Perry the Platypus
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20
33. Carolina Panthers TheFlyingLlama
34. Seattle Seahawks seiferguy
35. Baltimore Ravens Atticus Finch
36. Kansas City Chiefs No Butt Stuff
37. Kansas City Chiefs No Butt Stuff
38. Carolina Panthers TheFlyingLlama
39. Houston Texans b0ng
40. Baltimore Ravens Atticus Finch

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Anyone with a Packers avatar or is a noted Packers fan has until 8 PM EST to make a pick.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Picked for the Packers. Basically at this point if you don't get your pick posted in a timely manner you are drafting a guy from Florida. I could have gone punter, but waiting for the 5th at least to do that. Also, bad picture aside, the guy does have some decent upside and and will definitely be on an NFL roster, even as a backup simply because of his experience.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Anyone who wants to draft for the Pats while sean10mm is away just post here first. Otherwise, since its New England they will be drafting whatever Rutgers players have entered the draft.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oh cool, thanks Coldforge. I have been rather busy the past couple days and have only been phone posting. UF's punter this year was really good and should be taken next if someone doesn't get their pick in on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am officially declaring for the draft, so myself and Ehud are eligible Florida players to be drafted.

• Locked thread