Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

warcrimes posted:

No way we get to the sixth round, so I'll jump in with my self-evaluation. All critiques are welcome, especially from those who helped.

Oakland Raider needs: pass rusher, WR, OG, CB, FS. Depth needs: all defensive positions.

1-4) Amari Cooper, WR
2-3) Preston Smith DE
3-4) Tre' Jackson OG
4-3) TJ Yeldon RB
5-4) Charles Gaines CB

Although not actual pass rusher, Leonard Williams is a guy who will make an impact and as the BPA would be the pick if he's there at four. Most of the actual top pass rushers are really OLBs and don't fit the Raiders' scheme, the one exception is Dante Fowler, who I think can actually play DE in the NFL. Both were gone and Cooper was the no brainer BPA and addresses a major need. Cooper, James Jones and Rod Streater(60/888/4 in '13 with poo poo throwing him the ball, injured last year) in the slot give the Raiders instant credibility in the WR corp. Wild card: trade down/Kevin White.

Preston Smith and Owa Odighizuwa are a great blend of BPA and need with the 35th pick. Neither is a polished pass rusher but have the physical tools to develop into solid NFL players. Day one starters and immediate upgrades. If neither are here, a top CB could be taken or BPA depending on position. Wild card: Shane Ray.

There are a number of guards and tackles that'll be turned into guards(Donovan Smith) available here, I took the best one left. Wildcard: Alex Carter, much needed CB depth and he could become a FS after Woodson retires.

Yeldon is a BPA at a skill position that gives us needed depth and Gaines addresses our thin CB group. 6th and 7th round I would have gone for LB depth.

I think you nailed it. WR/DE > OG > CB/RB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread