Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Saints for me, please.

Can I draft Clark Kent this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Just go outside and ask the first homeless guy you see, but only after spending hours of work on that.

The Cleveland Browns select BLARHRHRHGHGHGHHHHRHGHHG, USC.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Dr. Swickles prescribes no trades, sir.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Guess the Saints need a TE now. :smith:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What's the link to that draft website which lets you do crazy trades and end up with every pick in the seventh round?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That's it, thanks!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ZenVulgarity posted:

Here comes the run on o line

I thought Collins might last until 13, but nope.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

warcrimes posted:

You'll just have to scrape by with Randy Gregory, who could turn out to be the best pass rusher in this year's draft.

Oh darn. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gatts posted:

If anyone wants to PM me some Browns input go ahead. I have a direction I want to take but it's going to be a key pick that might spell out the rest of the draft. It's also a while before the pick after in R2.

I have an offense mindset.

Just trust your gut and have fun with it. I don't think Mickey Loomis is going to call me and go "What in the hell were you thinking in that goon mock draft?" :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I've got three possibilities for pick 31.

All are punters.

This is not a smoke screen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Sort of surprised by how the first round is going, but I'm happy to beef up the Saints D. I wonder if the two guys I still want will be there in round 2....who knows?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
They're twin brothers with the same name and everything.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We've still got a month to go before the real draft. It should be possible to finish seven rounds if we shorten the picking time and have substitute owners.

But then again, I'll be throwing darts after round 3 anyway, so....

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The time limit is 24 hours, though.

Second round of the real draft gets a shorter time limit, why not now?

I propose that if a pick is not made in time, you get a player from Key and Peele.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If the Saints actually drafted according to how this draft is going so far, I'd be amazed and delighted. I am biased of course.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tremendous Taste posted:

I was looking at him if the Bills didn't get Clay, good pick

Thanks. I figure they'll do something in the draft to address the TE situation, even with Josh Hill looking decent last year. I didn't think he'd still be around in the 3rd, so why not?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shath Hole posted:

Good pick! I was very close to taking him but I figured we had bigger needs on defense. I could see Atlanta taking him in the real draft.

Thanks! So could I. It would definitely make a lot of sense. As much as I want the Saints to win during the year, if we had lost the Tampa game, I think we would have had Atlanta's spot.

It seems as though the two franchises need similar players and Atlanta is going to have the first choice each round unless trade shenanigans happen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Here's hoping for healthy little butt stuffs. :) Good luck!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

johnfw50 posted:

Oops fixed. Also whoever actually drafts Quinten Rollins, be ready for the constant mentions about how he used to play basketball.

That never gets old really quickly.

Good luck with that Seattle fans. First the flying fish, now Jimmy. Add it to your bingo card.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Taking a risk, but from what I've read, this guy's knee is ok. I kept flipping back and forth, but I figure that if he can help with zone blocking, he and Mark Ingram will get along nicely.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, I'm done until round five. I hope we make it to there. At this pace, we just might!

The more I watch and read about Rashad Greene, the more I hope the Saints really do get him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Butt Stuff posted:

loving, dammit.

Sniped you by two picks?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 31, 2015

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Raku posted:

Arie was a good pick. Much more refined and NFL ready than his brother was (I still can't believe Cyrus even got drafted--he had size and just about nothing else).

Thanks. Make Ingram feel comfortable, let him run behind an Alabama lineman. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The Texans have agreed to trade JJ Watt for the Saints QB.

Luke McCown.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
My next band is going to be called Cruel and Unusual and the Detroit Lions 

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fenrir posted:

I'm running right the gently caress out of ideas, so any help is welcome. I mean, I kinda thought I'd have more help with this already but most of my advice has come from a browns fan :lol:

(And it was REALLY GOOD advice, too bad the Browns don't listen to that guy)

Honestly after about 4 rounds I don't even see a point to this because it's all throwing darts in the dark after the 4th - even for people who get paid for this poo poo.

At this point, it's just a race to see who picks a kicker first.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Coldforge posted:

There are still a lot of (potentially) good players available. I've still got nine CBs, six WRs, four Edge, four RBs, two DL, a TE and a Safety on my board that I'd consider 2nd-5th rounders.

I don't even have a board, dang.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rasczak posted:

Yes.

On a related note, I see that my changename request for b0ng to be changed to d0ng did not go through

That's just wr0ng.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Coldforge sniped my Smelter pick. :argh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, the real draft is in less than two weeks. I'd really wonder if we could speed it up to get one of these goon drafts legitimately finished. If it doesn't, so be it, but dammit, we gotta try.

As one idea, bump it to 12 hours. If the person designated doesn't pick, the team gets the corresponding pick from this list (random 7 round draft).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25149011/seven-round-2015-nfl-mock-draft-dgb-gurley-goldman-fall-out-of-first

If that person is somehow already drafted, they get the next kicker on the list.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/K

If all the kickers are taken, they get a Key and Peele player or something. Or, if someone else reading this wants to step up for someone who hasn't been drafting, now's the time to make an ownership change.

Seventh round picks are serious business. :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

I am officially declaring for the draft, so myself and Ehud are eligible Florida players to be drafted.

Unfortunately, there are whispers of your possible HGH usage, so you two may fall to the sixth round.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Coldforge posted:

Looks like it's punter time for the Broncos.

Done. ZenVulgarity, go for it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rasczak posted:

Gatts pick is in, Silly Burrito is up next, sent him a PM

Thanks for that. My pick is in, and AAA DOLFAN is next and has been PMed. My phone actually has AAA DOLFAN as a suggestion, which scares me.

If nothing else, the Hulk Smash line in his NFL bio sealed the deal for me with the Taiwan Jones pick.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gatts posted:

Hahaha literally pick this round was Taiwan Jones but I went for a QB. I could have sniped someone. I wanted him against the run.

Glad you didn't, but I had another ILB just in case. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If we do make it to the sixth, I have no idea who to get now. Besides losing Smelter, I've gotten everyone I wanted. I can only hope the real draft goes this well.

Tremendous Taste has been PMed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Coldforge posted:

There's still a couple good TEs, several 3 tech DTs, a couple edge rushers, lots of running backs and OL and a few WR that could be decent. Tons of DBs that have faults, but may still be good players. What do you need?

I could see getting WR, OL, QB, or even K (seriously).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well it looks like I got some of the weed guys to start with.

13. Randy Gregory OLB/DE, Nebraska
31. Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
44. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
75. Arie Kouanjio, G, Alabama
78. Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State
148. Taiwan Jones, ILB, Michigan State
154. David Parry, NT, Stanford

I'd give some details, but basically, the Saints needed these guys. I liked them. I picked them. That's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Draft over, man.

• Locked thread