Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Brrrroooiwwwwnnnnsss.

:( I put an i in there and am on cell phone and can't edit it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
When we drafting when we drafting I need my soul crushed more.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Anyone else from Cleveland side wanna weigh in? I'm working on targets and needs and things putting it together. Then after let's do some spreadsheets, macros, graphs and power points! Perhaps a recruiting video! YAY!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Alright, this is a Saturday so I'm gonna go out and live as a hobo and amongst hobos for a day. Maybe some magic will rub off of on me.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I've got the Browns sorted out. If no one is claiming other teams and we need to move along I'll accept another team as long as there is not felt a conflict of interest and it speeds things up.

VV You joke but I've already got a Long Snapper picked out and depending on how far this draft goes will get him if I'm not scooped.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 7, 2015

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Darth Brooks posted:

I know there's no trades but at this point isn't it near automatic that Minnesota trades position with Cleveland (and gets some lower round picks).

You willing to trade 19 in the first and a 5th for your 1st, boyo? Ha! In reality it had better not cost a lot. There are a lot of needs and value this draft.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Darth Brooks posted:

In 2012 the Vikings Pick was 4th, Cleveland 5th. They traded places and Minnesota picked up Cleveland's fourth, fifth, and seventh round pick.
In 2014 the Vikings Pick was 8th, Cleveland 9th. They traded places and Minnesota picked up Cleveland's fifth round pick.

Now the Vikings Pick 11th and Cleveland 12th. I'd move down for a fifth, which seems to be the common theme.

Hahha I forgot. Wow, you're right it'd probably be a foregone conclusion.

EDIT: Cleveland has the 12th and 19th, I'd give you the 19th and a 5th for your 11th pick so I could go back to back and secure at least one of the guys I most def want. But a 5th for a flip flop I'm not hot on given I have a target in the 5th if he's around for that.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 8, 2015

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think this just leaves the Jets and the Bears.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

You'd get laughed out of the call if you offered that in the nfl.

Haha that's why I'm posting armchair.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So when we drafting?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Want to confirm. I am doing the complete Browns draft and Tremendous Taste is doing Buffalo right? He is slotted at 19 but want to be sure what's going on.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We're not allowed to get any new toys. We broke the last one.

That said I would love to have Mariota fall in our lap and get Cleveland to trade the #12 and #19 for him. Then draft Brandon Scherff and Ereck Flowers.

The real Browns might do that, but not Mr. Armchair here.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You haven't heard about my cunning plan yet:

1. Find every homeless man in Cleveland.

2. Give them $10 and this picture:

3. Tell them they'll get $20 more if they tell that man to get Marcus Mariota from Washington at any price.

I'll just replace the team with Hobos and maximize my profit.

That being said, tomorrow I might not be able to make a good post until after work but might make a post anyway just to get my pick out of the way and move things along.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Pick 1 in. I wanted to do a write up but am at work. I think the Browns having a DT/NT to protect against the run Is key requirement on the defense. Plus we need physical players for our division.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping my next player is available. I have a plan.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Atticus, I'm really hoping you'll draft a good Offensive player (read Jaelen Strong) as it will be the only opportunity I ever have to see the Ravens do so.

:classiclol:

You think the rivalry extends on just the football field itself?

EDIT: Atticus Finch, do you think love can bloom on the football field?

EDIT: Come on AAADolphan! You can do it!

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 18, 2015

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm probably going to have to make a very difficult choice with the next pick at this rate.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fenrir posted:

Hey, where the Packer goons at, help me out here.

Does Rogers have an O Line and Weapons? You got Lacy? Then what's left over?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fenrir posted:

DT, ILB, TE, possibly CB.

I PMed you a suggestion if he's around at your time of draft depending on where a key guy signs

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Houston going for a kill all QB mentality and a DE is awesome. What does that make your d line though? Wilfork at NT then Bud Dupree, JJ Watt, I'll assume Clowney, Cushing?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

If I don't get any other suggestions from Eagles folks I'm gonna go Full Chip Kelly and draft a long snapper.

Or another running back.

Haha. Chip Kelly's probably going to go for Offense I assume. He's trying to shape it. However what about your secondary? A lot of mocks assume a CB or SS is what Philly needs.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If anyone wants to PM me some Browns input go ahead. I have a direction I want to take but it's going to be a key pick that might spell out the rest of the draft. It's also a while before the pick after in R2.

I have an offense mindset.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah gatts you pick 19

Just to confirm. Gatts and Browns pick incoming. This was a torturous decision for me between two positions. I can only hope with a deepish draft one of my other position options will be available in Round 2. Otherwise I have other options. But still.

Ok. So for years part of the issue with the Browns has been needing playmakers on the offense side of the ball and Josh Gordon is not reliable. But if Gordon gets his poo poo together and Parker is healthy they're tremendous threats. Over the last decade+ the leading scoring threat for the Browns has been Phil Dawson, the kicker and the Browns have lost in key moments late in the game or by just not putting up enough points. This is the start of the change.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 18, 2015

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thanks guys.

Also, yeah, reading Shaq's profile that he has ability to play multiple positions is pretty cool.

warcrimes posted:

Great pick after a great first pick. Wonder how the Browns are going to actually gently caress this up. Parker is very underrated by a lot of people.

There's a lot of depth at certain positions this year so the Browns are going to need to plug a lot of holes and find value players. I'd say trade the 1st pick and go down for a little extra in round 2.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 19, 2015

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Good pick on Brown. He was my second choice for NT if Shelton wasn't available or if I went in a different direction.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Figures! Peat was my original 2nd pick until 2 days ago and seeing how far Parker fell.. I also just lost my primary third pick with Oggy.Nice selections.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
ThIs is getting dicey. My list is dwindling down for round 2. Good pick in Flowers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Come on sean10mm! Close it out with the Patriots pick!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

warcrimes posted:

Yeah, Kevin Johnson/Ron Darby gotta eat!

YAY! Now on to Round 2! FOUR TIME FOUR TIME FOUR TIME FOUR TIME CHAMPIONS!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fenrir posted:

Hmm, I don't see much more out there for NTs and the Packer hive-mind is absent, so Round 2 might be tough.

Also, I'm going to Manhattan this weekend and probably won't have internet access so don't go too fast, I won't be able to pick until Monday.

Have fun. I doubt the draft's going to move that fast. Hive Mind says more weapons for Rodgers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Man. I knew my second pick was key cause all mah dudes to follow would be poached but man. Dwindling.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Forever_Peace posted:

FWIW there should be a player available at your spot that would be a justifiable reach.

Also, for those interested, the little aggregate big board I made still identifies one remaining clear first round pick that would be pretty good value at this point.

I have an idea who it is and I'm hoping he drops to me. I'll take a chance on that dude.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I had wanted an OT in round 1 originally but after Parker fell that far I had a change of mind. Now Peat, Humphries, Clemmens, Flowers are all gone as is Diggy who I was hoping to drop to R2 to me. I knew that second pick was vital but man.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ZenVulgarity posted:

And there he goes

I have been noticing I've been missing players searching in the thread since I keep spelling their loving names wrong. :downs:

Hahah you just took my pick. This was the monster I was hoping would drop to me in r2. If he can be developed a bit more he could be great. The comment is that part of why his production isn't there is because he played on Oregon but he's got the talent.

Man I was excitedly rushing home too in order to pick him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

wandler20 posted:

Are we quitting at the end of this round or are we going to keep going?

I hope we keep going. I've got 7 rounds lined up.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Besides Fenrir or someone else who I quoted like a few hours ago is out of town this weekend. Let's take it easy an end enjoy our lives.

(Oh God oh God I need more time to adjust now that all my 2nd round selections are dwindling)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JRizzle posted:

Sorry I took so long. I was busy with a new puppy last night.

YAY! The best reason! What kind of puppy?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shath Hole posted:

So what's the hot take on Paul Dawson? Seems like he has all the physical tools but is a degenerate from all my info gathering? I almost went a couple different directions with this pick, but I'm holding off hope to fill those in later rounds. I figured Quinn could take the degenerate and turn him into a stud.

The comments from one site is that he doesn't study film. One scout supposedly was quoted saying he's got great talent but he'd make sure the guy stays alive in his building.

"He's an early round player without any question, but you don't have to dig around very deep or very long to realize that his personal character is going to be a major issue for some teams. My grade will be two rounds later than just the talent grade. It has to be factored in." -- AFC West regional scout

"I'll make sure he stays alive in our building because he's that good." -- NFC national scout

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thanks. I've been overthinking a lot about this. So here's some crazy to follow.

The Browns signed Bowe WR and Starks DE so that's a reason I didn't do DE. We just paid a guy. We also have Gilbert at CB and I'd be willing to give it a year for him to get his poo poo together. The Browns secondary is pretty productive but the front wasn't and we lost Sheard. Shelton should help there to stuff the run and allow the back 4 to do their thing. Other option was to wait for NT and get Malcom Brown at 19 and then a different pick at 12, which probably would have been DE or LB.

I really wanted to push for Peat, Flowers, Humphries, Clemmens at 19 with a WR in the 2nd, which there is one guy I'm still hoping to grab in the 3rd maybe, but after Parker dropped that far I switched it up and thought to give the Browns more offense at 19. I still thought of WR but then again reading more on Jake I thought go OT.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

Man, shath hole, I'm back to the board.

The Cheifs need QB, O Line, Inside Linebacker. Draft a QB. You know you want to.

Shath Hole posted:

Sorry bud. If it helps it was him or Stephone Anthony. :shobon:

Unless I missed something, Stephone was drafted by SF in the first round.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think there is a lot of depth this draft.

• Locked thread