Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
In for the Bucs so relentless can't pass on Winston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm ready to go whenever because FA won't matter for my pick but for the rest I can see waiting until at least later this week or next.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

:siren: First pick is in :siren:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Here comes the run on FSU players! Come boys, lets keep it going, we still have this Ronald Darby or PJ Williams or Tre Jackson to take.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I didn't see an attractive pass rusher which is what I wanted but I'm more than happy to get Clemmings in the second. OL was a big need.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

warcrimes posted:

You missed a gem I was hoping you would.

e: although Clemmings is a great value pick

I considered him but I honestly I don't know enough about Smith and I like Clemmings a lot.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Are we quitting at the end of this round or are we going to keep going?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gatts posted:

I hope we keep going. I've got 7 rounds lined up.

I better start doing some work then. I've been slacking in my draft prep this year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Surprised no one grabbed Devin Smith, or am I missing it?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. Still out there.

I'm basically just using scouts inc top 100 to keep track of picks and he's like 26 on that list. Of course that really means nothing.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SA2K posted:

Never draft anyone from UConn ever

Danny Lansanah is pretty cool.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Filling all kinds of needs for the Bucs. If Funchess was available I was going to take him, VJax, Evans, ASJ and Funchess. Even Jameis would have a hard time over throwing that corp.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I was going to get three dogs and name them that. :D

I think the real draft will be over by the time we reach my next pick.

I'm surprised how well this one is actually going. It seems like last year we never got this far and it took twice as long.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So the Bucs basically traded Mark Barron for Logan Mankins. That seems pretty lopsided to me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

zimbomonkey posted:

How the hell was Smith still available? He's probably a 2-3 round guy at worst.

drat, I was totally going to snatch him up in like 5 picks even though I already took a T. Excellent value.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Woo, slot receiver filled.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Coldforge posted:

Diggs is a good pick.

Just the guy I was hoping to pair with VJax and Evans. I kind of figured he'd be gone by this pick.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'll be out of town until Monday so if the Bucs pick comes up someone else can pick for me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Probably about time for the first punter to be picked.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
As part of the George Johnson trade, pick 32 of the 5th round and 168 overall now belongs to Cruel and Unusual and the Detroit Lions.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Rasczak posted:

Oh man I can't believe I still got my guy after the following bad post happened upthread

Don't do this! :argh:

The Broncos/Arabian Jesus are on the clock

I almost took him but I couldn't help be a homer at this point.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'll jump on the bandwagon. I drafted for the Bucs.

Team needs going into the draft:

QB,OT,DE,OG,WR,ILB,S

1) Jameis Winston, QB, FSU
2) TJ Clemmings, OT, Pitt
3) Trey Flowers, DE, Arkansas
4) Stefan Diggs, WR, Maryland
5) Nick O'Leary, TE, FSU

QB and OL were probably the biggest need going in. No need to get into Winston, that's been beaten to death. Clemmings is a guy who I think is a bit raw but could probably start over at RT while Dotson stays at LT. RG is a need that I didn't fill but the Bucs invested in a couple guys in the draft last year that could get a shot. Trey Flowers could hopefully fill a big need rushing the passer. He seemed to have some success in the SEC and would only really need to contribute as a rusher early on. Stefan Diggs would be an upgrade over Robert Herron in the slot and could possibly develop into a return man. Nick O'Leary would be a nice option for Winston since they've played so much together. He won't wow anyone in the NFL but could be a reliable guy to have around, especially since ASJ was banged up last season. I'm all about helping the rookie QB as much as possible in this draft and I feel I accomplished that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looking at Atlanta and San Fran, how does Georgia Tech have TWO draftable receivers?

• Locked thread