Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I hereby claim the Colts! All other Colts fans are welcome to join me in the War Room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

What's the link to that draft website which lets you do crazy trades and end up with every pick in the seventh round?

http://first-pick.com/

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Pick is in. Tough choice, but I felt like the DL talent-level drops off this year faster than some other positions of need.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Arabian Jesus posted:

Solid pick, I was contemplating picking him and hoping a center would be on the board in the 2nd but ended up deciding that keeping Manning alive is more important.

And that's why you'll never be a HoF-er like Bill Polian.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

KettleWL posted:

So I've got two options here if anyone doesn't mind picking for me after Beer does? I'm going to be heading out for a few hours in about 30, I can send you my two choices in PM.

I have PM and would be willing to make the pick for you.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

It makes sense to shorten the time window as the rounds progress, and 12 hours really should be more than sufficient for someone to find time to make a pick.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I was torn between Harris and a couple of other safeties, but ultimately he seemed like the best complement to Mike Adams and the best all-around safety prospect on the board. Given the Colts' current situation it wasn't something I felt comfortable waiting on any longer.

V V V Edit: Bad memories? I just picked the one I liked most without context.

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 27, 2015

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

drat, I was foolishly hoping Mauldin would fall to me.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I was hopeful we could at least finish up the 5th round.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah, I'd say it's time for another punter.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Just to be sure, I'm up next, not ZenVulgarity, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Colts draft post-mortem:

Primary needs going in were DL, S, ILB, CB, and OL

Picks:
Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida St
Anthony Harris, S, Virginia
Marcus Hardison, DE, Arizona St
Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan St
JaCorey Shepherd, CB, Kansas

Eddie Goldman - Other options at positions of need had already come off the board, and Goldman has the makings of a true NT that can finally ease Indy's run-stopping woes.
Anthony Harris - Given the Colts' lack of safety depth in general and SS starting talent specifically, it made sense to take a true SS here, and Harris was the one that fit the bill. Should be able to overtake Dwight Lowery for the starting job.
Marcus Hardison - High-ceiling DL that projects as a DE in Pagano's scheme. Should be able to push Kendall Langford for playing time and be a long-term replacement for Cory Redding.
Jeremy Langford - Solid RB that could develop into a starter. With Frank Gore in the mix he doesn't have to be the workhorse early, but should give Indy a boost in the running game going forward.
JaCorey Shepherd - Should be a contributor on special teams with an inside track to replace Greg Toler when he hits FA next year/dies on the field in Week 3.

Generally speaking I'm happy with this draft. Harris started to feel like a reach to me almost immediately after I picked him, but I don't think he'll be a bust or anything. Most of the major needs were addressed (I had a few guys in mind for the other needs if this thing went the distance), and I'd be pleased if something similar happened in the real draft.

• Locked thread