Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'll take the Vikings. If there's another Viking fan who wants to add input I will probably just pick who they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I know there's no trades but at this point isn't it near automatic that Minnesota trades position with Cleveland (and gets some lower round picks).

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Gatts posted:

You willing to trade 19 in the first and a 5th for your 1st, boyo? Ha! In reality it had better not cost a lot. There are a lot of needs and value this draft.

In 2012 the Vikings Pick was 4th, Cleveland 5th. They traded places and Minnesota picked up Cleveland's fourth, fifth, and seventh round pick.
In 2014 the Vikings Pick was 8th, Cleveland 9th. They traded places and Minnesota picked up Cleveland's fifth round pick.

Now the Vikings Pick 11th and Cleveland 12th. I'd move down for a fifth, which seems to be the common theme.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I look at the fanspeak draft order lists for ideas.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'll make the pick this afternoon.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I wonder how Minnesota's draft will play out. The GM has earned the nickname Slick Rick by pulling off a lot of draft day deals so I can't imagine that he will sit on his hands this time around. Left guard has been an issue on the Vikings for awhile so I picked (what should be) a good one while they were still available. There's a theory that Kalil has gone downhill some because he's been distracted by bad play at LG. Cann is described as a mauler best suited for straight ahead blocking which is what Minnesota has been doing recently.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Hey, that guard is would be going to a good home.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

For some reason this morning I thought the Vikings were next.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Hau'oli Kikaha was listed at DE but would probably play at OLB from what I've read. He has had issues with his knees as well but at this point you're getting guys who weren't picked in the firs round for a reason. I liked this,

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/hauoli-kikaha?id=2552292

quote:

NFL.com draft profile
Strengths
Relentless. Bends the edge hard. Plays with his hand on the ground and stands up. Scheme versatile. Best fit is in 3-4. Intelligent player. Saw a streak of 14 consecutive games with a sack broken at Arizona in 2014. Excellent with his hands, possessing a variety of techniques. Was a judo champion when he was younger and a high school wrestler, so he understands hand placement and leverage. Good change of direction. Maintains low center of gravity on his rush without losing his wheels. Ability to recover and get back into a play.

Despite what it says about a 3-4 I could see Zimmer making use of him at OLB.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Is it weird that I got exited about a fifth round pick in a mock draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'm not sure we'll get to round six so I'll post this now.

Minnesota Vikings

I've seen a lot of mock drafts with the Vikings taking a WR and CB but honestly feel that there are places of need elsewhere, they've signed Mike Wallace and Terence Newman. IMHO, Strong Safety and Guard are the major needs.

Round One: Landon Collins, S, Alabama
Round two: A. J. Cann, OG, South Carolina
Round Three: Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, Washington
Round Four: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota
Round Five: Bobby Richardson, DT, Indiana

Why these guys? Collins was the best strong safety available and Cann one of the better guards. Kikaha was the fastest LB. Icephoenix asked if we could pick Cobb in round four. I was able to get the guy I wanted when round five came around.

• Locked thread