Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'll take the Packers unless one of the actually good Packers posters shows up (yeah some of them are actually good dammit) and wants to do it. Or I can just do it and they can tell me what to do in the war room.

Either way I feel like the whole thing is in the air until we know what's happening with Cobb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
packer fans help me out here, I need you

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, where the Packer goons at, help me out here.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
DT, ILB, TE, possibly CB.

The only ILB in this entire draft I hear much of anything about is Mckinney from MSU, and Danny Shelton, NT from Washington is already picked. I kinda think if this is the case come real draft day, the Packers may trade out of the 1st round. We don't have that option here so I'm looking for someone who isn't a total reach.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 18, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Gatts posted:

I PMed you a suggestion if he's around at your time of draft depending on where a key guy signs

Thanks for that, he wasn't on my radar and there are questions but hey it's a mock draft with no trades. Might be best at a need position by the time we get to 30.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry just got back from work, pick coming shortly.

There. Honestly though I think the Packers would trade out of the 1st round here.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 19, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

warcrimes posted:

Hilarious, I had this post queue'd up but checked to see that you'd make your pick-

e: great pick, btw

Haha awesome.

Hell, I really wouldn't mind it at all if the Packers really do make that pick (if Danny Shelton is gone, which he probably will be)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm, I don't see much more out there for NTs and the Packer hive-mind is absent, so Round 2 might be tough.

Also, I'm going to Manhattan this weekend and probably won't have internet access so don't go too fast, I won't be able to pick until Monday.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

But then again, I'll be throwing darts after round 3 anyway, so....
poo poo, I'll be throwing darts after round 2.

Also, if there is a Packer fan who like, knows what's up, let them make my 2nd round pick if you guys get impatient because I'm heading off to manhattan in about an hour and won't be back until Monday morning.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm back, I'm working on it, just got home from work... you guys pretty much took everyone I was thinking of taking here.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm. Packers re-sign Raji after all, still feeling okay about the Jarrett pick.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm running right the gently caress out of ideas, so any help is welcome. I mean, I kinda thought I'd have more help with this already but most of my advice has come from a browns fan :lol:

(And it was REALLY GOOD advice, too bad the Browns don't listen to that guy)

Honestly after about 4 rounds I don't even see a point to this because it's all throwing darts in the dark after the 4th - even for people who get paid for this poo poo.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 5, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Gatts posted:

This is round 4. There are some potential gems but at this stage I think you are looking for guys who can compete for starting gigs and have upside despite limitations. Guys who might work as rotationals for situations. My feeling is the Green Bay Packers might look for some depth at certain positions or who can help guys like Raji or Matthews and Rodgers. I don't think you're necessarily going to find a sure thing. Like if you have an aging running back and missed out on the good ones take a look at someone who can come in third down or someone who can give a different look with speed vs power. Like, how do you want to build your team?

In my case I've been offense minded more than defense. Coleman or Dorsett were the key guys I wanted in round 3 and would have helped immensely. One is a potential 3 down back who is seemingly a threat for the offense or conversely a guy like Dorsett opposite Bowe and Parker I think would open the field up vertically while the others may do so mid range. I'm taking a chance on Conley given his combine results but with that leaping ability and speed I think there is potential to do a lot of things and in the red zone too.

And yes I also took character into consideration.

Character is why I avoided a few picks that I would have otherwise made. I also thought about injuries in college, like that TE that ripped both of his arms apart in the span of a year. I went defense the first two rounds and grabbed what I think was a decent prospect TE in the 3rd but drat, I guess I just don't know where to go from here except more depth on defense. God knows we need it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Shath Hole posted:

My "board" ended by about pick 10 :(

My board went well into the 3rd round but everyone I wanted was gone :(

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I got no loving idea now... all my picks are gone, we still need probably another project DE/DT, a CB and gently caress it, LB/TE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Fuuuuck, sorry dudes, I had a bit of an internet outage and a bunch of other poo poo to boot, sorry about that.

• Locked thread