Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Oh what the hell, pencil me down for the Seahawks.

edit: will compensation picks be in? Seattle will probably have 3 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If there are other Seahawks fans that want to chime in and offer pick assistance, please do. I need a Pete Carroll to my John Schneider.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Here are the Seahawks' weaknesses in no particular order:

- Wide Receiver - it's pretty bleak right now. Doug Baldwin is our #1 when he's a #3 at best. Contrary to the above statement this is our #1 need, in my opinion.
- Offensive Guard - doubly so if James Carpenter walks in FA.
- Cornerback - after Sherman, there's a pretty big dropoff in talent starting the season with Maxwell off to Philly, Jeremy Lane rehabbing and Tharold Simon being bad.
- Defensive line - we're likely losing three - Obrien Schofield, Kevin Williams and Tony McDaniel either to FA or retirement, and Brandon Mebane's health is a question mark (he could also be cut). Our DL went from one of the best in 2013 to merely average in 2014.
- Tight End - we cut Zach Miller, Luke Willson has terrible hands (fast as hell for a TE when he catches the ball though), and Anthony McCoy has missed 2 seasons with Achilles tears in both legs.
- Backup QB - If coin-flip master Tavaris Jackson leaves for Minnesota or somewhere else, BJ Daniels becomes the only backup QB. Not a priority but something to think about.

Besides WR, I think we have enough depth in the other spots that could be addressed in FA or from practice squad, so if we missed out on a spot in the draft, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm fine with the no-trade rule. Just stick with what you know and then we aren't spending all this time negotiating deals.

Also, now that Seattle just signed 2 CBs in FA, that's not really a position of need anymore! O-line becomes a higher priority with James Carpenter leaving for NYJ.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looks like I'm sittin' this 1st round out!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No Butt Stuff posted:

When was the last time the Seahawks drafted in the first? 2011?

2012 actually, when they got Bruce Irvin. 2013 they traded for Percy Harvin (whoops) and in 2014 they traded down with the Vikings (who got Teddy) for an additional pick.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
How about for the 3rd round we move the speed of the picks up?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No Butt Stuff posted:

Good News: Moving to KC.

Bad News: Wife's pregnancy is apparently getting more complicated, the hospitals in the area haven't decided if they'll "accept" her into the maternity program, the housing market is on fire so all the good ones in the areas we're looking are gone in like a day, and the trip we were going to take to KC tomorrow through Sunday may now not happen because the twins may have Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome.

I'm about to be very busy. Or not busy at all.

If any other Chiefs fans would like to be on stand-by in case I have to disappear for a bit, I can PM you a couple guys I'm keeping an eye on for other rounds, at least to cover round 3.

I have PMs, but you can just post in the thread and I can text/e-mail you if need be so we can work it out.

This could have been avoided if you did butt stuff exclusively.

(Congrats dude!)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Man I thought Perriman would fall to me :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think Devin Smith was the best WR available. He's got great speed, so maybe this would open up the deep game for Russell Wilson.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Forever_Peace posted:

Fun round for Seattle.

Crap, I better start scouting 4th round talent!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I more or less look at draft sites (public ones, I use CBS sports the most) and look at the rankings of specific positions I need to fill. I'll read the strengths / weaknesses of a player just to see if it would jive with the Seahawks. It's hardly scientific but this is all for fun so it's not like I can ruin the Seahawks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ZenVulgarity posted:

Punters aren't people

I picked but I relied on Warcrimes to see if he was there

It was a good pick. I was hoping to snag Za'Darius with my later round pick assuming the guy I want is available with my upcoming pick.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I really wanted to get some CB help, and Josh Shaw seemed like the best guy available. I really hope those character concerns aren't overblown.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rasczak posted:

William Robert and Patrick Raymond

Billy Bob and Ricky Ray

My first and middle name is actually William Robert. My mom played it off as saying I'm named after both of my grandfathers, who were coincidentally a Bill and a Bob. I don't think I'll ever go by Bill in my life, because one, my grandpa was Bill and I was Will growing up, and two, ugh.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Since b0ng failed to draft on time with the last pick, should we bug Intruder to pick for him again?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think in an hour, it'll be 24 hours and Fenrir won't have made a pick. Swickles, you ready to make his pick?

I guess I'm just antsy cause I'm ready with my pick.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Who's picking for the Patriots? I know sean10mm stated that he was busy, so I thought we had a new person doing it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Metapod posted:

i am not a fan of all these comp picks

You should root for a team that manages the draft and free agency better, then :smug:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Big Jesus posted:

Being good at free agency is directly tied to getting more comp picks though...

Uh, that was the point I'm trying to make? Sign FAs that have been cut to avoid giving up comp picks, and then let your draft picks walk if they're too expensive to gain comp picks. Pretty simple formula.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
By the way, if you PM me when I'm up, I'll be much more ready!

edit: I pm'd korrandark it's his turn.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 19, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Minus another O-linemen, I'm not really sure what else to draft for Seattle. I'll probably stock up more on defensive linemen or something since that was the biggest change between our record-setting 2013 team and merely good 2014 team since we couldn't do the DL rotation that kept them fresh.

Still though, 3 rounds to go and I have 5 more picks left :eyepop:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seriously ya'all, if you have PMs, try to be cool and message the guy in front of you once you make a pick.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So what happens when draft day comes around? Do we keep going? If we stop, then that means I'm gonna have to get my joke pick in sooner rather than later :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Noooooo I wanted to draft Connor Halliday, that was my planned joke pick. He would have been the perfect backup to Russell Wilson.

By perfect, I mean terrible. WSU's system does not at all favor Seattle's offensive scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks needs entering the draft: WR, OL (both guard and center), CB, DL, Backup QB

My results:

R2, 31: Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
R3, 31: John Miller, OG, Louisville
R4, 13: Josh Shaw, CB, USC
R4, 31: Gabe Wright, DT, Auburn
R4, 35: Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford
R5, 31:
R5, 34:
R6: 31:
R6, 39:
R7, 31:

Devin Smith and Ty Montgomery are different types of WRs. Smith can be what Paul Richardson was supposed to be. John Miller was noted for being a versatile O-linemen, which the Seahawks love. Josh Shaw is probably a bit of a reach, and he's got that hilarious backstory that raises character concerns, but he's also one of the bigger CBs available in the draft - which we all know Seattle likes the big secondary. Gabe Wright isn't an every-down player, which is fine; he can be a rotation linemen to try and get Seattle back into the DL-rotation that made them so good in 2013. If I get to my pick today, hopefully I can spend it on a LEO-type player, and then I'd probably end up picking up a center of some sorts later. I'd probably just end up spending my 6th and 7th round picks on some lottery picks of BPAs (one of them probably being a QB if there's any left) in hopes that they could stick, because Seattle is pretty deep in other positions, all things considered. Overall, this has made me much more excited for the draft with all ten picks Seattle has.

• Locked thread