Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I'll take the dirty birds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Don't you loving screw this up, Shath.

Mariota can rush the passer, right?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Here we gooooooooo, no trades right?

vvv

Thank you my good sir

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 16, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Zen, you are up my man.

In the real world, I reaaaaaaaally hope Beasley falls to 8 but I don't see it happening :( I was torn between Ray and Gregory but seems like Ray may have a higher floor and apparently Gregory has knee issues going back to high school? Real life Falcons woulda been all over that poo poo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Nice pick SA2K. The fans in LA will need someone to cheer for when Phil retires.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol, I'm kidding I still love you buddy

:glomp:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

haha, I'm in the same boat Zen. Good thing we don't get paid to do this for a living :)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Was your idea to draft someone that was already drafted? LOL. He went at 30 to GB.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

A fuckup on draft day? What team from Tampa has done that before

My bad, gimmie a second

No, it's cool I like where you are going. I'm gonna draft Kevin White with my next pick.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Coldforge posted:

You actually can, and it wouldn't be a bad pick, if very early.

There's another (non superstar WR) Kevin White, isn't there? :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

JRizzle posted:

Sorry I took so long. I was busy with a new puppy last night.

I got one about a month ago, I feel your pain!

What kind did you get?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Yea but old man davecrazy isn't in this thread to grump it up. Also dogs rule, haters vacate

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So what's the hot take on Paul Dawson? Seems like he has all the physical tools but is a degenerate from all my info gathering? I almost went a couple different directions with this pick, but I'm holding off hope to fill those in later rounds. I figured Quinn could take the degenerate and turn him into a stud.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gatts posted:

The comments from one site is that he doesn't study film. One scout supposedly was quoted saying he's got great talent but he'd make sure the guy stays alive in his building.

"He's an early round player without any question, but you don't have to dig around very deep or very long to realize that his personal character is going to be a major issue for some teams. My grade will be two rounds later than just the talent grade. It has to be factored in." -- AFC West regional scout

"I'll make sure he stays alive in our building because he's that good." -- NFC national scout

I read those exact quotes, hah. I wonder if he was just a giant douchebag in his interviews. I read that two rounds quote and was like dayum, to devalue a player two whole rounds based on character issues has to be baaaaaaaad but oh well this is for fun.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Man, shath hole, I'm back to the board.

Sorry bud. If it helps it was him or Stephone Anthony. :shobon:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gatts posted:

Unless I missed something, Stephone was drafted by SF in the first round.

Well then...I guess its good I went with Dawson :v:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks. I figure they'll do something in the draft to address the TE situation, even with Josh Hill looking decent last year. I didn't think he'd still be around in the 3rd, so why not?

Good pick! I was very close to taking him but I figured we had bigger needs on defense. I could see Atlanta taking him in the real draft.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Four picks in the last forty hours. I see you guys posting in other threads, come on

Are you really that hard up for your fake team draft that you can't wait? People have lives for gently caress sakes you impatient goons! It takes time to figure out which online draft nerd to side with regarding which random player you have never heard of from some random school you have never heard of!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Ah our daily reminder some goons really need to reassess their priorities!

Seriously, some of you guys take this poo poo waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. It's supposed to be for fun, go enjoy the outdoors...talk to other human beings face to face...have sex...stop letting a fake draft run your lives!

/psa over

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Good News: Moving to KC.

Bad News: Wife's pregnancy is apparently getting more complicated, the hospitals in the area haven't decided if they'll "accept" her into the maternity program, the housing market is on fire so all the good ones in the areas we're looking are gone in like a day, and the trip we were going to take to KC tomorrow through Sunday may now not happen because the twins may have Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome.

I'm about to be very busy. Or not busy at all.

If any other Chiefs fans would like to be on stand-by in case I have to disappear for a bit, I can PM you a couple guys I'm keeping an eye on for other rounds, at least to cover round 3.

I have PMs, but you can just post in the thread and I can text/e-mail you if need be so we can work it out.

Good luck with the babies, man. I'm hoping and praying for 2 healthy babies, 1 healthy mom and 1 very happy and exhausted No Butt Stuff!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Then shouldn't you be moving to Tennessee?

Good luck!

If he is going to be Phil Rivers, he would obviously move to LA

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

If the Falcons draft anything but defense or maybe ol I will not be happy.

That would be dumb. You can't dedicate 100% of your picks to 1 side of the ball, especially with holes all over. Atlanta needs pass rushers (LB/DE), ILB, TE, WR, RB and OL. You cannot go into a draft locked in on one position otherwise you gently caress yourself.

e:

Not to mention they spent 7 of 9 picks last year on defense and 6 of 8 the previous year on defense. 13 defensive players drafted in the previous two years out of 17.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 30, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

How are they that bad at drafting?

Dimitroff, bruh. He would rather spend time on bicycle seats with his best dude Lance Armstrong than actually know what solid football players look like. Either that or their scouts are just gently caress off awful, but I have a feeling it's TD. Although, there have been rumors that it could have been Smith/Nolan behind those picks.

It gets worse than that as well, of the 13 players taken, really only 2 have contributed in Trufant and Alford and only 1 has really paid off in Trufant.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

How many rounds are we going partaking in, friends?

I am at the point where I have never heard of the people I will be drafting :v:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

You don't admit this. You just save your picks and in two years of one of the late round names you pick out of the hat is a success, you get to pretend you are a supreme talent evaluator.

Ya'll gonna look pretty dumb when Al-Hajj Shabazz, DB, West Chester blows the gently caress up :smug:

Shabazz Island coming to a stadium near you!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Roasted Donut posted:

Shabazz is really cool and good, actually

Dibs

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

My "board" ended by about pick 10 :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Dude, are you loving this UP!

Dimitroff'd!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sorry for the hold up guys, I'm out of town on business.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Does that town at least have a good football team you can root for?

It's San Francisco so..........

Awkwaaaaaard

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Draft the player most likely to be on jail that's left

Find the fattest man left in the draft and pick him

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I had an abysmal draft but I didnt put very much effort into it, and I had quite a few guys sniped last second from me, so alas.

Yeah, this is pretty much me. Some of you nerds have lists and rankings and poo poo and are ready like 10 picks in advance. I go "Oh poo poo, it's my turn" and spend all of 3 minutes researching before picking a guy. I would make an excellent GM irl

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I suppose I should check online to confirm the guy I have wanted for 3 rounds and know everything about and totally not last second scout is a viable option for my team.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

WHOOPS

totally didn't see the thread get moved along my bad

Hang your head in shame. You made people wait on the internet!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Seriously ya'all, if you have PMs, try to be cool and message the guy in front of you once you make a pick.

I don't have PM's but GATTS you are up!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

How badly did I botch this draft for the Atlanta Falcons? We really needed help at LB, which I addressed in the first two rounds. After Maxx Williams was taken, and the dude from SC, I wasn't interested in TE especially considering they signed two in the offseason. I really wanted to address Safety, but it just didn't work out like that.

Shane Ray, LB, Missouri
Paul Dawson, LB, TCU
Jay Ajayji, RB, Boise State
Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech
Jarvis Harrison, OG, Texas A&M

This is always fun because you end up learning waaaaaaaay more about prospects than you did going in. It will make the draft infinitely more watchable and enjoyable for me because I know a lot of these guys know and their scouting reports. Admittedly though, I do not watch college football so I am a total fish out of water in these goon drafts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Cool, thanks guys! Moral of the story...noone loving knows anything when it comes to the draft :v:

• Locked thread