Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bloody posted:

i dont have matlab at home so idk what to do now

octahahahhahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ahmeni posted:

if there's one thing I've learned from this challenge it's that ipython notebooks bokeh integration is a colossal turd and so is their documentation

this man. he shavin him yak.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
sort of impressed that this has gone almost a whole day now

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

OSI bean dip posted:

i totally deciphered it ages ago im just letting everyone else have a go

yeah

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

OSI bean dip posted:

I guess rolling your own crypto isn't such a bad idea after all

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

it's a naked man bending over and stretching out his rear end in a top hat.

no ring (or group, or field)

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

a whole bunch of arabic that i can't read

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i should spoiler my post on p1

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i bet the joke is that the op ciphertext is an esoteric substitution cipher of a pgp ciphertext

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
ooh. so frequency analysis, 60 different bytes, upper nibble 0-9, lower nibble a-f
there's 10 values that are noticeably more common than the rest, with roughly even frequency. one of these values for each upper nibble group

if this was a substitution cipher i'd think that there's a large random decimal number in there, and the most common values are digits,
but there's no large block of just those values so that looks like a dead end

the non-top10 values have differing frequencies, but not really english text like - 67 of the most common and 17 of the least

there's various ways to map the values to the 0-60 range, but as long as you're just looking at bytes that's just specific ways to do substitution ciphers, which isn't looking too promising
probably the odd-even pattern means the next step should be to look at byte pairs, or take odd and even bytes separately

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
it says 'yospos, bithc'

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

try treating it as a bitmap/imagemap. not sure how or in what way, just a thought.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

when saved as a windows executable, it fails to run

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
it's an mp3 inside a tar.gz, and it's the soundtrack from the yospos instructional video

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

poo poo i never thought i'd say: i wish i had matlab installed on my computer

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it says yospos bicth

to decode it i used social engineering

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
I, too, will offer some other nerd on another internet forum a 50 CAD amazon gift certificate to crack this problem.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

suffix posted:

ooh. so frequency analysis, 60 different bytes, upper nibble 0-9, lower nibble a-f
there's 10 values that are noticeably more common than the rest, with roughly even frequency. one of these values for each upper nibble group

if this was a substitution cipher i'd think that there's a large random decimal number in there, and the most common values are digits,
but there's no large block of just those values so that looks like a dead end

the non-top10 values have differing frequencies, but not really english text like - 67 of the most common and 17 of the least

there's various ways to map the values to the 0-60 range, but as long as you're just looking at bytes that's just specific ways to do substitution ciphers, which isn't looking too promising
probably the odd-even pattern means the next step should be to look at byte pairs, or take odd and even bytes separately

that pattern kind of resembles ebcdic but it isnt ebcdic

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ymgve posted:

quick observations:

upper nibble is always 0-9
lower nibble is always a-f

for bytes in even positions, lower nibble is always a-c
for bytes in odd positions, lower nibble is always d-f

there's some pattern in the lower bit of the upper nibble that seems to connect to the odd/even thing somehow

but havent managed to get anything that doesn't look like noise once the redundancies are eliminated

here's an observation for you: you suck.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

if you can't break it just get a secret court order and force him to tell you what it means imo

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Squinty Applebottom posted:

if you can't break it just get a secret court order and force him to tell you what it means imo

rubber hose cryptography ftw

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

OSI bean dip posted:

:jerkbag:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
it's your posting op

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

OSI bean dip posted:

sort of impressed you thought the average yosposters attention span is longer than the time it takes him or her to press ctrl+v

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
i have no idea what im doing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
i have no loving idea for crypto but the colours line up at the 40 pixel width ratio and thats kind of neat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ahmeni posted:

i have no idea what im doing

you made a missingno

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Bloody posted:

that pattern kind of resembles ebcdic but it isnt ebcdic

who is eb and how can she c my dic

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

ahmeni posted:

i have no loving idea for crypto but the colours line up at the 40 pixel width ratio and thats kind of neat

i see a blonde, a brunette and a redhead

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

pointsofdata posted:

It's a low res gif if the goatman

s=$(echo H4sIAEMi/FQAA4WVYZLsIAiEr5R9iW78iZXk/kd6QNPKOLO7Q1WSUfxswJDybz9o5aml3LBazmZWbtzD HrV46nvfOV6LrnzsOmkvvIc83hPPif0wyzxcX3lqSttl6ou7qOm9bUnjo8R98mAL7yaPChd9n2MfvF3I +tr2g9E6T4kzkmxtM0O8/XDF4NXyGCXzQNRdJGoik2hrnSFkJaaotm6rcrzk+ahMhcw+7TpXYlRGd3/j RUVAZISxqlxNLWhyL7s8lxJXnil03TpDHhUq64Gt6ny02Tizx/yZwuBJYf3EtLi2Bpafn2GqO/a52jsP CqGPlZAL8VynRZtYu9NazLXJm/GSh0yS52tO8Cx38g07m9zB82x80ofTYqcgItZ4I0NOU1VhcpWbc72Y cpDW/BlRq1p6YU2gb5wN8r4t4ovV0ruRYLtkXi3Gux7WJFdT7qlQLSK13aHvlee10Gc/b4kXKs7gtVGT liueeMc7r49317LOE6g88dlB8dwcluefecifr0wnxKqUtC20H/UdzlMNbYMyMGtFJxndxkZqZq88r8YR +vydhULbGzzvjDJoZfJM58pDtFiDPmdXrvB+YTUiz/+TaJ6/8eABJmne5zp7t0bS/TtUP8fLaOEDL+rz 2e7zYNh/9TX6zOLfPOQ85fYwAuKOvhHe5v/Ki/0le5BmIzpvvaNbhd2jrP5vvAMxWJbHD1mP7xd4PDkr MfNGPJivseegkfe12ahl1KZDQ9TlF150h6gCjL2tI39TNYkLr0d3Ffrb6cjfGPTeqEXsnZ48E+x/5EGf k6ayaeo9POf3LJ7+A55epN5gCQAA|sed 's/ //g'|base64 -$(if [ `uname` == "Darwin" ];then echo D;else echo d;fi)|gunzip);tput rev;for i in $(seq 0 2 $((${#s}-1)));do tput setaf $(printf '%d' 0x${s:i:2});echo -n '  ';done;echo;tput sgr0

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

poty posted:

how can she c my dic
very caref with a microscope :xd:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
re: image encoding and stuff, i don't think it is idk

OSI bean dip posted:

I'll provide a hint here: it is human readable
but don't let that stop you

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

jony ive aces posted:

re: image encoding and stuff, i don't think it is idk

but don't let that stop you

It is not an image

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Upping the stakes here: $50 CAD amazon gift card for whatever country you want if you decipher it.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Nobody cares about the money. Pretty much every one here makes a descent salary so the gift card is inconsequential. You'll get more people attempting it if the prize is something gay like a picture of your balls.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
amazon is basically garbage in aus anyways lol
I think the main problem is other than statistical analysis there isn't much the common yosposter can really do and it's not a fun cipher like vigenere is or anything (maybe?)

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

emoji posted:

Nobody cares about the money. Pretty much every one here makes a descent salary so the gift card is inconsequential. You'll get more people attempting it if the prize is something gay like a picture of your balls.

just make the plaintext a picture of ur gay balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

• Locked thread