Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
i think u mean *gets uncomfortably close and whispers* fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
popeyes > kfc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

i think u mean *gets uncomfortably close and whispers* fries

mcdonalds and ck call their chips fries but kfc calls them seasoned chips

theya re good

i mean. theyre nto good but they taste ok and inducengt

we dont have popeyes

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

kfc owns ther chipsa re good

hella good yo

for a blacklight i use my uv bug zapper haha

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

echinopsis posted:

mcdonalds and ck call their chips fries but kfc calls them seasoned chips

theya re good

i mean. theyre nto good but they taste ok and inducengt

we dont have popeyes

popeyes has these amazing salty biscuits i love them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
by biscuit you mean scone right

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

good news echi http://www.healthline.com/health-news/psychoactive-plant-may-hold-key-to-reversing-diabetes-030915

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good enws for diabetics that arent'; me!

maybe

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
yo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its like a weird biscuit shaped scone

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
i got a new phone and started installing yo again, but I'm worried it is adware now??

also the password recovery is retarded???

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fast food is gross and if youre over the age of 12 and legitimately seek it out as opposed to consume it only as a last resort while traveling

youre fukken gross as gently caress

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im jealous

i wish i felt like that

and tbf i havent felt like fast food much this year at all. ive been on a real good streak of eating well.

i do go through periods of absolute food debauchery. seems like a real problem

anyway im not really fat, so that makes it all ok

2015 is the year of abs!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i mean when youre a kid sure mcdonalds is awesome

but now my stomach feels hosed up immediately after consuming that garbage

i guess an egg mcmuffin is alright

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a guy i work with got gout because he was eating mcdonalds basically every day :shepface:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
does echi have the diabeetus?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i really want a 3/4 pounder from wendys rn

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Block posted:

does echi have the diabeetus?

i do and they did some genetic tests last year and in a week or two i find out the results because its quite likely im not type 1 OR 2 but a special snowflake kind of diabetic called MODY3 which basically means

well context: type 1 your pancreas has been destroyed so you cant make insulin so you NEED to add insulin to yourself to survive
type 2 is insulin resistance so you need more and more insulin to survive, and the progression is that your pancreas starts out making lots and then gives up and you rely on added insulin (not everyone gets that far)

mine might be that im not insulin resistant but my pancreas is hosed and doesnt output enough insulin to do the normal job BUT this is easily fixed by very low doses of sulphonyureas like glipizide

the problem there is that glipizide makes you fat coz insulin is the signalling hormone to store energy as fat and not burn it so you increase insulin to bring sugars down and that measn you get fatter than a normal person would on th same food

if i eat almost no carbs, i dont need insulin and my sugars are fine. and weight comes off. seems like long term best plan

there are some interesting observations to be made. people know diabets means high blood sugars. so people treat high blood suagrs, bring them down. does this work? what does this fix? well as it turns out it doesnt change risk of heart attack at all. just risk of microvascular damage like losing toes (my dad has lost 3) and eyes n poo poo

either way, im all about low carb high fat. next week got blood test lets see how three months of mostly-great self control w/r/t eating low carb makes me look

also - if you brought your systtolic dfown from 135 to 115 mmhg in population, you would only reduce the chance of having a stroke by 1/500... not that flash. and if you consider that halfiing the salt in your diet can only bring your BP down by 5 points or so.. hardly seems worth it although reducing salt is high on the list of haert health poo poo

by far the best thing you can do is walk walk walk walk and yeah everyone dies

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
kfc chicken has about 3 carbs per bit so 5x3 is like 15 or something idk and that fits in with my <20-30 carbs a day so yeah. its not good food, poor nutrition, not healthy fats... BUT i doesnt bring me out of keto or gently caress me over

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Smythe posted:

I'm uninstalling Yo now. Between the spam and that it's trying to sell? Me? Websites? Not sure what's going on here...

holy poo poo i thought this was a joke picture

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i think the interesting thing about medicine is that say, blood pressure. its just a number. is high blooid pressure bad IN OF ITSELF?

well, either way, someone has high BP, so give them a drug that brings it down

now that sounds all well and good but ultimately it only really makes a lick of difference if the reason why yiou dont want high BP (lets say heart attacks) go away

but sometimes they don't. sometimes, despite bringing the number down, the incidence of the end-stage is the same

BUT, its easier to treat a number

see cholestrol. ther eis no (or insufficent) evidence that statins have any effect in primary prevention of heart attacks (meangin a persons first one), although there is evidence they reduce the incidence of secondary (their second or more)

BUT since higher choelsterols are associated with higher riosk of heart attack and statins bring them down then it stands to reason that statins should prevent heart attackls. so thyey are prescribed, in a sort of, cover all our bases sort of way.

we have what like 4 mill people in zn and 700,000 take statins. and yeah less people die of heart attacks

when my dad had a heart attack they had givin him a clot buster and a stent within about 3 hours of it happening... we are VERY good at preventing deaths from them now. is this statin related or improved medical advancements?

anyway.. be skeptical. most people dont need they drugs bu they stress like gently caress if they dont have their blood pressure meds

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

high bp in and of itself causes micro-ruptures of capillary beds in the brain, leading to a harmful accumulation of scar tissue

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and

i mean, what does that do

it also causes cardiac hypertrophy

check this poo poo out, the heart getting all macked and buff from pumping high blood pressure around

not good for flow

my BP exam[ple was a bad one just an example

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it's a mini stroke, so anywhere from a lot to a little damage, it's hard to tell until you cut the brain open and most living people object to that

i do agree with you about doctors treating numbers and maybe not being as thorough as to how those numbers relate to the overall health of a pt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its not so much doctors though but medical establishment setting guidelines, like, all LDL cholesterols over X need to be treated with statins

welp

im not going to take no fuckin statin (unless i have a haert attack)

70-80% of all diabetics die of CVD. regardless of anything else.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
This is not the nz chat thread, or the diabetes thread jfc

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

echinopsis posted:

i do and they did some genetic tests last year and in a week or two i find out the results because its quite likely im not type 1 OR 2 but a special snowflake kind of diabetic called MODY3 which basically means

well context: type 1 your pancreas has been destroyed so you cant make insulin so you NEED to add insulin to yourself to survive
type 2 is insulin resistance so you need more and more insulin to survive, and the progression is that your pancreas starts out making lots and then gives up and you rely on added insulin (not everyone gets that far)

mine might be that im not insulin resistant but my pancreas is hosed and doesnt output enough insulin to do the normal job BUT this is easily fixed by very low doses of sulphonyureas like glipizide

the problem there is that glipizide makes you fat coz insulin is the signalling hormone to store energy as fat and not burn it so you increase insulin to bring sugars down and that measn you get fatter than a normal person would on th same food

if i eat almost no carbs, i dont need insulin and my sugars are fine. and weight comes off. seems like long term best plan

there are some interesting observations to be made. people know diabets means high blood sugars. so people treat high blood suagrs, bring them down. does this work? what does this fix? well as it turns out it doesnt change risk of heart attack at all. just risk of microvascular damage like losing toes (my dad has lost 3) and eyes n poo poo

either way, im all about low carb high fat. next week got blood test lets see how three months of mostly-great self control w/r/t eating low carb makes me look

also - if you brought your systtolic dfown from 135 to 115 mmhg in population, you would only reduce the chance of having a stroke by 1/500... not that flash. and if you consider that halfiing the salt in your diet can only bring your BP down by 5 points or so.. hardly seems worth it although reducing salt is high on the list of haert health poo poo

by far the best thing you can do is walk walk walk walk and yeah everyone dies

today when i got home i made a couple pounds of fondant and tomorrow when it is ready i will make some red velvet and i will frost the cake with ermine and then cover and decorate with the fondant

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
yo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

angry_keebler posted:

today when i got home i made a couple pounds of fondant and tomorrow when it is ready i will make some red velvet and i will frost the cake with ermine and then cover and decorate with the fondant

coz i talk to people about betes all the time they talk about avoiding sugar like sugar aka sucrose is something super evil but then eat noodles or some poo poo and i try to make it clear but they dont get it that ALL carbs are "sugars" regarding blood glucose and in fact sucrose has a lower GI than one would expect coz half of sucrose is fructose and we dont directly metabolise fructose into glucose so it has a smaller effect on your blood glucose levels, although its worse overall but still

my point is that it would be just as offensive if you were baking bread

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
This thread needs to be more about Yo. What are the future possibilities for this app, where can it go from here. Maybe some new yospossers could get into the yo community?

Closing the thread for a bit, too much ot

yo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
yo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ive learnt me lesson

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ugh i accidently hit preview reply befoire

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I like getting yos when I am having private time gently caress you stop sending me yos you fucks Echi I hope they find a cure I have family in similar but not snowflake situations and I want them and you to be better

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I'm rooting for ha, figuratively speaking of course

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cheers thanks
I'm
doing
ok I mean the things I do for
myself
are the kinda
if thjngs people shohld e doing anway

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

like making electronic games and successful "apps" like "yo"

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my wife has got me into drinking beetroot juice for breakfast and its God drat awful but I'm feeling better for it I think

cept my system can't process the colour so it makes alone time more colourful

life of a 30 something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
echi if you hate alcohol so much why do you always post like youre drunk

• Locked thread