Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Where can I buy this? I'd probably only eat it once, but I want to try it.

If you haven't been paying attention it is a fake product that doesn't exist aside from maybe one to two cans, and gently caress me they may have not been cans. It certainly isn't mass produced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I work in shipping and saw a reused box that was previously filled with McDonald's McChicken patties and had the ingredients listed on the side. The list made it seem surprisingly natural.

quote:

MCCHICKEN PATTY
Allergens: WHEAT

Ingredients: Chicken, Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphates. Battered and Breaded with: Bleached Wheat Flour, Water, Wheat Flour, Modified Food Starch, Salt, Spices, Wheat Gluten, Paprika, Dextrose, Yeast, Garlic Powder, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil and Cottonseed Oil with Mono and Diglycerides, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Natural Flavor (Plant Source) with Extractives of Paprika

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

The lingonberry is there to cover up the taste of everything else.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

add some greek yogurt to that thing and it goes from drunk plate to gourmet, but ill admit it looks great as is

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I'm actually very interested in trying scrapple now. I don't mind intestines, matter of fact I'm more likely to eat it so I don't have to share.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Try the caramel popcorn ones, they are bomb.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I'm not gonna lie, like 60% of the appeal for me is in the sauce, which from what I can tell is known as petal sauce and you can make it at home and put it on a lot of things that aren't too tasty and it makes them tastier.

EZipperelli posted:

Is this just a stupid urban legend? Because according to the ingredients listed HERE, there's no mention of it. Or is is disguised as another name?

It is a byproduct of the milk in the chocolate. Story goes when milk chocolate was first brought into the United States for large-scale production, everyone was used to the flavor of butyric acid which formed when the milk in the chocolate started to ferment. When the chocolate started being produced state-side, the barf flavor/aroma disappeared and Americans detest change. So some chocolate scientist figured it out and started a process to artificially ferment the milk solids and there you go, not listed in the ingredients because it's not added, it's just there in the milk.

im pooping! has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Apr 11, 2015

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Someone doesn't like thing?!

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I do remember seeing a commercial for a kitchen implement that cuts an onion into that specific shape so you can fry your own onions at home. That might be pushing it.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The saddest Monte Cristo.

drat now I want a Hot Deli sandwich.

bennigans bro, I didn't realize a proper Monte Cristo was actually battered and deep fried.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I had a Bennigan's Monte Cristo once.
Lord only knows how I live to tell the tale.

We live so we can experience the sandwich again and again. I certainly don't regret eating it.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

gj being a literal child

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Make a grilled cheese sandwich but instead of butter use mayo.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

skander posted:

No particular recipe. Roasted peanuts + food processor + oil as needed for consistency + salt to taste.

The japaneros can be fresh, roasted, smoked, or dried, then sliced, chopped, or ground. Heat depends on how much pith or seed you include, particularly the pith. The seeds, if included, can be whole or ground, and they can be toasted, too. The oil can be a nice vehicle for cannabis, if you're into that.

Toasted jabanero seeds also go nicely in a corn-based bread.

I had a fig tree growing in my yard and my Guyanese next door neighbors grow these little red peppers they call Wiriwiri, I would mash up fresh figs and the hot peppers as a spread and it kicked rear end.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Minarch posted:

The recipe is like the exact opposite of Wanda's macaroni salad, but the results are no less tragic: raw, salt free, nut free, vegan pad thai. Stay to the end, feel your incredulity rise with each passing minute.

why

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

dude that's cool as hell

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

It's called shami kebab and that picture isn't too bad, but it really looks like huge turds. I get it every time at the kebab place and it is awesome.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

personally i rub butter all over my body and masturbate furiously

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i recall seeing, in this thread or the last one, the british staple, the toast sandwich

literally a piece of toasted bread between two pieces of untoasted bread

i dont know if it includes butter

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

us weirdos just eat the sandwich instead of letting it sit around for like 15 minutes

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

so brits dislike our rotten chocolate and americans dislike the brits rotten butter

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

yeah in america we put everything in a blender and then pour it up our rear end

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

yeah you jerks, dont eat that thing that i dont want to eat and won't eat because i have my own thing to eat just how i like it

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Each time I visited the US, I could ask my meat rare or even blue rare and invariably receive it medium well as well as worried stares. It's like the word "rare" doesn't compute or means something different.

It's a liability issue in a lot of chain restaurants. They may have a disclaimer in the menu saying that anything cooked to order has the potential to harbor foodborne bacteria, but when it comes down to it they won't cook it rare. I've asked for rare and they do look at me like I'm high and just say "pink or not pink?"

So essentially they don't know what rare means if they do that. I just ask for as rare as possible. Usually they will cook it medium and won't question me about it. The only time I got a steak that was truly rare was from Anthony Bourdain's restaurant in Washington DC.

Same goes with burgers and apparently a restaurant that's willing to cook a burger rare actually grinds their beef in-house. Bobby's Burger Palace warns people that when you ask for rare, the burger is really really rare because I guess people who ask for rare burgers are used to restaurants cooking them medium. That rare burger was awesome, by the way.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Antifreeze Head posted:

While that "salad" in particular is probably something that nobody should ever eat, a quick look at the other videos shows at least some less egregious recipes.

Hell, I'm more inclined to believe that her recipes produce tasty food for a minimum effort that whatever a cook book tells me is quick or delicious. In particular, she has a curry potato salad that looks like something I'd like to try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouiN55bToM

But to be clear, never ever eat that macaroni salad.

She also had a recipe for taco cups made with the break and bake dinner rolls that seemed easy and tasty. To be fair, the macaroni salad was Wanda's recipe.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

in america we stick the tuna, can and all, directly into our bums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

• Locked thread