Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Rigged Death Trap posted:

:siren: :siren:
Stevia is anti-food in the first place. The worst sweetener.

And who in the history of the world has ever thought that an overripe banana wasn't sweet enough. Seriously, it's like the zenith of cloying sweetness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Screaming peppers best peppers

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

pookel posted:

I rinse pasta after cooking because if I don't, it's all stuck together by the time I can put the sauce on it. I know that ideally you're supposed to do it immediately, but I usually have two kids underfoot and am trying to do a million things at once, so the odds of sauce and noodles being done at the same time are slim. And yes I discovered rinsing by trial and error after having quite a few batches of pasta turn into sticky birds' nests while the sauce got finished.

Tossing with a little oil will have the same effect, but then the sauce won't stick either, which is problematic.

I realize how pretentious this sounds, but all these people complaining about sticky pasta are probably using a crappy brand. lovely pasta tends to leech more starches after cooking. Barilla FTW!

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Data Graham posted:

Also in America spaghetti is seen as kind of a default, easy pasta for kids or uncritical eaters. (Surely you've seen jokes about kids who can't pronounce it and say "pasketti".) It just feels weird to "dress up" spaghetti with a highfalutin adjective, like if you said "PB&J provençal" or something.

How has no one metioned that bolognese isn't just some generic name for a pasta sauce but rather referrs to something very specific e.g. tomato sauce with meat. I'm sorry your lack of culture makes you feel like using the proper names for food items is pretentious, but the rest of the world takes issue with your culinary-linguistic butchery.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Simply Simon posted:

I did mention it, but without sounding like a cock so I guess that made it not count.

Sounding like a cock is an integral part of communicating condescending opinions about food. Get it together man!

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Railing Kill posted:

:barf:

Spaghetti Hitler Mussolini time:

:italy: Spaghetti is always pasta (unless it's spaghetti squash, I guess), but not all pasta is spaghetti. Don't use the terms interchangeably or I swear to god I'll---

:italy: If you use the terms "pisketti" and "sketti" unironically and you are over the age of eight, you are a goddamn idiot. I will hunt you down. I will find you.

:italy: Put a bit of oil in your pasta during and after boiling and it won't stick. It's not difficult, nor is it a mystery.

:italy: Ketchup is not a pasta sauce. Tomato soup (which I've also seen people use in lieu of tomato sauce) is not a pasta sauce. Cheap, real tomato sauce is $1 for a big can. Jesus loving christ, America.

:italy: You don't need to throw spaghetti at a wall to see if it's done. Try a bit, you know, like a loving adult. It's not a clever solution because it is neither clever, nor is there a problem we haven't already solved here.

Some of this makes me irrationally angry. When I hear "pisketti," I just about lose my mind.

This warms the cockles of my pasta-snob heart!

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Danger Mahoney posted:

I make authentic spaghetti balogna. Sorry bout your uncultured food, plebs.

wanna taste that rich bologna gravy

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

cash crab posted:

hello gentlemen

My god the horror...

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

I wonder what must go through the minds of people who think this is real.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Brawnfire posted:

I've just seen so many ugly gross ones, I'd love to see one I'd consider eating.

Simple terrines mainly composed of meat can actually be delicious if prepared by someone with a modicum of good taste who knows what they are doing, but I guess the same could be said of most anything posted in this thread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

looks bad Todd.

Still prolly would

• Locked thread