Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That's pretty ingenious. I bet the kids had a blast making them.

THE MAID-RITE

If you're thinking "wow that looks like something poor folk eat in the Midwestern U.S.," you're correct!

Maid-Rite is a chain of restaurants that specializes in "loose meat" sandwiches. They're pretty cheap and surprisingly tasty for being steamed Grade D ground beef on a plain bun. They make a Texas BBQ sandwich that has onions and pickles on it and is drenched in barbeque sauce. I'm not a messy eater, but I need a change of clothes and a shower after one of those things--it gets everywhere.

Well it's no Steak n Shake but thanks to them I do enjoy plain scrambled hamburger. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Holy poo poo. I used to watch "Roseanne" religiously with my mom and sister when it first aired (yeah, I'm old), and for a few seasons Roseanne ran a place that sold loose meat sandwiches. Being from NY, none of us had a clue what they were, and they never really showed you a loose meat sandwich on the show, as far as I can recall, just talked about them. Every time it came up, we'd all get puzzled and finally shrug, "guess it's some midwestern thing."

You have just solved a mystery I haven't thought about in 20 years. Thanks! (And now I kinda want to try one.)

They are good and super easy to make. Just brown some hamburger up and throw that on a bun. Throw on some ketchup if you'd like. Good stuff. In fact you can ignore the bun and just eat it out of a bowl with a spoon, gently caress it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it's just a speed/ease thing far as I know. Since it's so basic you can take it in a thousand directions from there if you want to.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st3jCUMO2no

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Hirayuki posted:

I'll never forget the French guy I met staying at a Kyoto temple who swore up and down that Japan made better croissants than France. Now, I think the Japanese do bread very well, but this struck me as a pretty ballsy claim.

There is an anime all about making THE BEST BREAD EVER. With international bread competitions and everything. DBZ for bread pretty much, but with cooking instead of fighting.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rah! posted:

Anything that gets rid of kudzu is good too, whether it involves eating it or not.

I don't think we could get rid of kudzu even if the entire planet switched over to an all kudzu diet and there was also an atomic war.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

OctoberBlues posted:

Yesterday was one of those days where I didn't have a whole lot of food, but there were a lot of cool sporting events on, so I didn't want to go to the grocery store.

This led to the creation of the tuna pizza.

It's just a Jack's frozen cheese pizza that I cooked halfway, threw some very well drained canned tuna on, and cooked the rest of the way. It wasn't bad for what is was, it tasted like a more subtle anchovy pizza (if you could get a frozen anchovy pizza), but it was still a rather shameful creation.

We do this sometimes at my house, it's legit good. I'd suggest throwing the tuna on right way though, it'll be fine / better if it cooks the whole way.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Kudzu looks really pretty to me which is a shame since it's so damaging. A lot of the south in my memories is comprised of trails and mountains just covered in it

I lived in the south for awhile and this poo poo terrified me. It was like a grey goo situation in plant form.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Digital_Jesus posted:

I think I overcooked my steak tonight guys :( I spent so long on it too.

Cut it open and take an inside shot and this is still a solid "might" for me.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Upgraded to hell yes would.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So do they just have a shaker full of rat turds from the floor or what?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

I do something like this. Make rice, make hot dogs (cut up, use brats if you have some budget), throw in chives and hot sauces of your choice = food time. Even better if you can pair it with some nori, I like the crunchy stuff broken up into the rice and the sheets divided into smaller sheets and then you throw a spoonful in a sheet and eat it. Make rice once a week and you can just do this for days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

Get some furikake

I will keep an eye out! I did have a shaker of sesame seeds I used now and then, it wasn't bad. If I wanna get fancy sometimes I'll chop up some jalapenos or something in there too.

• Locked thread