Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Here we go then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj9CysSSsps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I know, right? It doesn't taste like formica at all

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tiggum posted:

If there's food in front of you that looks, smells and tastes good, but learning what it is makes you not eat it, you are a child. Either literally or figuratively.

Exemption for "human" or no?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tiggum posted:

OK, yes, if it's something that you find immoral, or if it's poison, or if you're allergic to it, or whatever, fine. If it's just something that's perfectly edible and doesn't violate any deeply held convictions but is something you wouldn't normally eat, you're a child. If you take a bite of some unknown food, like it, and ask what it is, don't stop eating it because it turns out to be insects or testicles or whatever. You just found out that something you assumed was disgusting is actually nice, that's a good thing.

OK cool, because my next question was going to be about talking stag

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yes, a "hamburger steak" or "hamburger" is a very specific thing, a patty of ground beef

And a "hamburger sandwich" is the thing on a roll

80 years from now in 2015 you wouldn't believe what they'll be calling this poo poo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nah, Moxie is the accepted standard generic term

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And a "chickenburger" is from the ancient city of Chickenburg

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PubicMice posted:

Kroppkakor sounds to me like a convergent evolution of a pork bun, so I can't imagine it being that bad. Boiling is def the worst way to cook almost anything, though.

e:Welp.

"You eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was also supposedly once the kind of food you ate late at night if you wanted to give yourself freaky nightmares.

http://www.comicstriplibrary.org/browse/results?author=2

"Dream of the Rarebit Fiend" :dance:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dammit I can't make a "There is milk in chocolate cake, there are eggs in chocolate cake" reference anymore. :smith:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hey guys you know why they stopped calling it Kentucky Fried Chicken and started calling it KFC right.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"0g trans fat!" :haw:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Don't suppose that's what they actually made it out of, do you?

Gotta get rid of that seasonal overstock somehow...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I see much comedic potential in the spelling of "Donner meat".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not what I was going for, but that works too

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

beato posted:

Like (Ma)donna

And lemme guess, "taco" is "tay-co"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Since it's clear that this thread is not an Amerigoon party, let me explain why I found "Donner meat" to be funny:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What, no rich creamery butter?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sous-vide for the Single Simpleton

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Senior Scarybagels posted:

it could be a post your favorite onion pic.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thanks for the new vocabulary word I guess?

Tomorrow at work will be fun

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Please help me out with the translation of "Diabetická"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

rodbeard posted:

I was under the impression that was what the soup of the day is supposed to be

That was a pretty good episode of Kitchen Nightmares.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol at the Santa hat.

axolotl farmer posted:

See the sticker in the upper right corner? Sodexo.

That's the evil MegaGloboCorp of food services. Operates cafeterias in workplaces, schools, hospitals and military bases all over the world. Also most US college dining halls.

Baahaha. Sodexo was also the food service provider at this fancy-rear end hedge fund I worked at recently. They did a pretty bitchin' cook-to-order pasta bar on Wednesdays. Still, good to know those guys were getting taken for a ride. :laugh:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Ferret King posted:

My parents fed me only the rarest caviar as a child.

Canned corn is better than frozen corn. Much better texture.

Never would have guessed, because we grew our own. What we didn't grow, we bought frozen.

I think I always assumed canned was gross, because I don't think we used it except once in a blue moon (or for stuff like chili).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Canned spinach always seemed to have sand in it.

When I first had fresh spinach in college I was like "Okay so if Popeye is going to reach kids I have a suggestion".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Anime Curator posted:

i'm about to go throw up because i had a tostada with beans and cheese and guacamole and i am not suppose to because it's low carb thursday. why are they so good though?

Also low carb doesn't work unless you're low carb consistently for a long enough period to induce ketosis (like weeks). You can't just do it once a week and expect good things.

E: ^^ Canadian pepperoni seemed more like bologna to me. WTF.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Minarch posted:

The recipe is like the exact opposite of Wanda's macaroni salad, but the results are no less tragic: raw, salt free, nut free, vegan pad thai. Stay to the end, feel your incredulity rise with each passing minute.

Be sure to cut the vegetables on a slant so they look Asian

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Since she didn't bother to do a close-up it's not like it's easy to tell what the hell she meant.

Also

olaf2022 posted:

and if one more person pronounces it "hah-buh-nyair-oh" as if it had an "ñ" in it, I'm just going to snap

Thank you for alerting me to this, I will spread the gospel as one newly converted.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And while I'm at it, learn what a loving accent mark does

"Murciélago" is not pronounced "mur-see-eh-LAH-go". The pronunciation guide is right there in the word

E: And I dare you to explain this bullshit

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Apr 19, 2015

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Someone probably thinks Wonder Bread is the gold standard of American cuisine rather than what poor people eat because it's cheap as poo poo.

I ate many a PB&J sandwich in my youth but never once did it cross my mind to introduce butter into the equation, either for the flavor contribution or to insulate the bread from dreaded moisture. My bread always held up fine after sitting in a brown bag all morning. But then I was using this bread: http://www.gianteagle.com/45000125056.aspx

I had Wonder Bread a few times as a kid and it always tasted wrong and weird, both flavorless and chemical-y at the same time. And I wouldn't be surprised if it fell apart at the drop of a hat and had to be buttered to fat-gently caress dimensions in order to withstand jam.

E: Especially ^^ yeah, if they're using actual butter that has to be warmed in order to spread without tearing the bread to poo poo. Who has that kind of time when getting ready for the bus? gently caress Italian restaurants that give you little refrigerated wrapped butter pats that you have to skewer over the little candle before you can put them on the cold bread that isn't cut through all the way.

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 13:17 on Apr 19, 2015

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love that the brand name is SANITARIUM.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gridlocked posted:

I eat my steak medium. This was an issue as a child as my father eats his ultra well done while my mother eats hers blue.

BRB, submitting genetics research grant proposal

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I really need to try sous vide at some point, because right now sight unseen all I can picture is steak boiled until it's a gray hockey puck that falls apart into mush when you poke it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aesop Poprock posted:

Hey the flavored vodka scene is pretty advanced, I don't think you're gonna be able to make fruit - loops or chocolate whipped cream vodkas easily on your own

You beat me to this exact post, only I was gonna use froot loops and pumpkin pie

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

4 oz. backwash

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tiggum posted:

Why does the system even allow you to add 10x anything? Even if you just went with a normal burger and, say, 10x bacon, it would already be ridiculous. 4x is probably the practical limit for any ingredient. :psyduck:

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

...If you're yella!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Meaning we insert it into homeless people

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

pookel posted:

Thanks to this thread, I now have a craving for one of my dad's staple dishes from my childhood: tuna mixed into a thin cheese sauce and poured over squares of toast. Because he knew how to cook, this involved making a white sauce that started with a roux, but because we were poor, it continued with Velveeta, a can of tuna, and toasted plain white bread (like Wonderbread, only not Wonderbread, because that brand-name poo poo is too expensive).

Sometimes it was poured over rice instead. Maybe I should take a picture for this thread if I make this tonight.

You take a can of tuna fish
You make some mac & cheese
You dump a can of peas on top
You mix it up
'Sgood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FlyinPingu posted:

you can put anything on a pizza, there are no pizza rules you goddamn pizza hitlers

As long as you put SOMETHING on it. Jfc, "plain" pizza is the saddest and most rage-inducing thing for me. Yeah I bet you take your LARGE CHEESE PIE and go straight to the ice cream shop with ten thousand flavor combinations and throw down on a big bowl of vanilla

Fuckin New Yorkers

• Locked thread