Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't stomach the thought of intentionally eating anything alive, even bugs. It just feels wrong. Also if I felt anything squirming in my mouth it would probably make me vomit.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

teh rest of the civilized world evolved out of eating bugs while australia has devolved

Bugs are actually really good for you and some of them taste fine too. The problem is trying to make them look appetizing, which is basically impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It also doesn't help that a poo poo load of people are squeamish and think bugs are icky. A lot of them are mostly sugar so they can become candy. Chocolate-covered ants are pretty good.

That's what I mean by making them seem appetizing. Most people can't get past the idea of eating bugs because they find them to be gross. Personally I don't mind most bugs but I still probably wouldn't eat them just because I don't typically like food that has a really crunchy exterior. So an exoskeleton probably wouldn't sit well with me.

I don't want to eat anything alive them, even a grub. That's nothing compared to some of the things I've heard being eaten alive, like "Three Squeaks" mice. Not sure if that story is actually true and I don't care to find out.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there anywhere in the world where arachnids are raised and eaten right after they shed their exoskeleton? I'd try softshell scorpion or something.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think it would be a challenge to find a public school lunch that didn't look depressing.

• Locked thread