Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The crap cheese food products like Velveeta and Kraft are called "cheese food product" because they're partially milk and real cheese but also vegetable oil, sugars, and other crap to make a little cheese go a long way and be cheap for consumers, stuff that real good cheese doesn't have in it because it's not from Satan. If it was only mixed cheeses in there, it would still just be called cheese, like colby-jack is cheese and not "cheese food product."

Canned hot dogs and peppers. I don't know why, there are so many other better meats to can with peppers and sauce. Eh, I'd still eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Apparently they preserve really well. I think people are using canned hot dogs more for survivalism than taste...I feel like the texture is off and the canner said she wouldn't want to eat these every day. While I love a canned Vienna sausage and wouldn't ever want to diacourage anyone from canning because it's awesome, have some more odd canned hot dogs.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

1: those aren't cans

2: that is a loving nightmare made real

It's still called canning even when you use jars.

Maybe ugly food needs to be in opaque containers.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I think I'd kill a man for that breadcheese.

Anyhoo, more pickled and canned hot dogs!

https://ljolso63.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/easy-pickled-hot-dogs/

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

That looks delicious.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Worse than recently-live goldfish, those look like prepackaged bait fish.

If my man left me because I wasn't cooking him whole, live fish of whatever kind I could find, I would be relieved I was no longer dating a bear.

cash crab posted:

What about TRASH bears

Much cuter.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Aug 10, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

My vote is for oatmeal and either fried garlic bread or burnt fried plantain slices.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Oh hey I love hoverlettuce

E: https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=yWDvi1fdmGA

Scathach has a new favorite as of 21:46 on Aug 13, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

When cash crab and whoever get married I humbly request to minister the unholy thing. I will bring something unidentified and fried for the pot luck.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yay more cake... oh, vegan cake. :(

It looks sad and dense.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

:smith: I thought that was a delicious meatloaf

Me too :(

Don't worry, I'm sure these have meat in 'em!

There are kabob sticks in there and what the hell sauce is supposed to top pickles?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I would eat the hell out of that cheeseball-olive porcupine. And the raw porcupine. And really everything on that table.

So that pool cake-- why is the jelly topping thing green instead of blue? I'm guessing they used mint jelly but blue jelly frosting water would go a long way to make that look edible.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Aug 18, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Green makes me think of a neglected, algae-filled pool. No one wants a neglected, algae-filled cake.

And there are plenty of blue animals I'm sure taste delicious.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Aug 18, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

These are most definitely not blue.

Oh, picky. Here are some more-blue blue potatoes.

And some araucana eggs:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Aug 18, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I miss having chickens and oddly-colored eggs.

Hey more blue food! Swedish bilberries, indigo milk cap, and lingcod which definitely fits the thread. Lingcod looks like a spooky "would."

E: Back to terrifying food!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:35 on Aug 18, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Aw. You... you at least like sushi, right? :ohdear:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

Only the kind without raw fish in it

Acceptable.

Crap, now I want a fried cali roll.

Alaois posted:

there is exactly one good post on this page so far

Oh YEAH?

Scathach has a new favorite as of 04:24 on Aug 18, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

Aww! How did you know I won't eat goat?

e: Including its many insides

(Did we use this pic yet?)

I tried these today and they taste like goat meat. And goats taste like goats smell: goat piss. I am not impressed. The only way to eat goat is covered in spices so as to not taste it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah balut sounds chewy. I don't deal with fatty-chewy textures. Ugh.

These are bars made from cricket flour.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I'd try the bug stuff locally if I had the chance or if it wasn't $30 for six bars online.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Railing Kill posted:

I want to try horse meat. My wife is an equestrian. I live in constant persecution for my beliefs.

That always strikes me as weird. Not like it's gonna be her actual horse. Having owned a horse does not make them look less delicious.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Railing Kill posted:

I'm not a pet person of any kind, but I understand why people don't like eating a type of animal they have domesticated. I, on the other hand, don't ride horses and I am a foodie who likes eating meat. Sooooo...

Having owned horses I can tell you they're bigger jackasses than cows. Eating a few of them isn't a bad idea. Cows make better riding anyway and a trained one is less likely to throw your rear end because it thought a stick was a snake.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Nail polish has a way of melting the hell out of crap plastic.

Whoops, new page.

He's a cake! Really don't like eating food that has taxidermy teeth on it.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Aug 20, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Feta cheese, weird yogurt, and cinnamon?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

stereobreadsticks posted:

It's not the snake meat that bothers me on that ingredients list, it's the "etc."

I'm concerned about the candy assuring us it's good.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Chinaman7000 posted:

Once upon a time I'd have assumed nobody could be this stupid about cooking but now I just think about Dan Ryckert from Giant Bomb trying to cook egg shells because he thought that's how you made egg whites. So thanks for lowering the bar, video game reviewers.

Wasn't that Masakois?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

ddiddles posted:

Thats just how cash crab sleeps.

Dude, it's summer. You don't sleep curled up in a warm pan with cuddly veggies when it's hot out.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

If I married a gal in the #wifematerial tag, her one job as a housewife would be to never loving cook.

Anyway I'm cleaning out my mom's 1940's attic and I've already found some terrifying cookbooks in a "decorating your home" pile of reading. I'll scan some for you guys when I get the chance.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It's a three-tined fork, you can see the ranch on the fork tines IT'S A FORK.

Also, whoever posted kangaroo and gator but wasn't able to get it, try it when you get the chance. Both are delicious.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

^^^All one-year-olds love monkey Satan!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Poor broken lizard brain :(

Scathach has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Sep 3, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

loving Michigan.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

This is my Shame Meat; I used to get french loafs with this, sub sauce, spinach and potato chips.

Mine:

Totally agree that powdered milk is not meant for drinking. Ugh. Bad childhood memory right there.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Bina posted:

Breakfast Cake sounds really good. Use waffles as the insides, and strawberry compote. Coat the outside with cool whip, and freeze it like an icebox cake. Add more Strawberry compote on the top, and serve.

Sounded great until you added Cool Whip. Anything but real whipped cream is a sin.

Speaking of cake, even though I know what this really is I wouldn't be able to eat it. Stupid brain.

Eta that Cugino's dry soup mix is also bullshit. So gross.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Sep 4, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

^^^Both are cakes.

I also found this monster. Piss and poo poo are unappetizing even when made out of sugar.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Sep 4, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Samizdata posted:

I have been kmown to eat chocolate malt Ovaltine dry.

One of the tastiest things is a bowl of really good vanilla ice cream topped with dry chocolate/malt mix.

I remember going to the food banks with my mom as a kid, and one place piled a little food on top of a giant, industrial jar of mustard to make it look like they were giving us a full food box. Not that I'm ungreatful for the food we were given, but what were two people going to do with a few cans of veggies and three gallons of mustard? Sad, sad food days.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Sep 4, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Kakairo posted:

I only eat grammatically correct toilet cakes.

Well yeah-- more letters, more sugar :shrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hot sauce is always appreciated.

So out new tiny house is a trailer from 1978. Besides a few small things we've fixed, it's all original, including the microwave.

I'm gonna to try following some of these recipes, hopefully they'll turn out as bad as they sound. E: well really some of them sound great, but this is a microwave.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 20:59 on Sep 4, 2015

• Locked thread