Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You can actually make vegan ice-cream with soy creamer and sugar as well as... I think no-egg? It's not the real stuff, but it is a hell of a lot closer to it than mashed bananas. I know cause I had some basil vegan ice cream once. It was alright. Good with black coffee.

And yeah, that dessert LOOKS bad, but probably tastes fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Rah! posted:

There used to be a vegan restaurant around here that vegans would rave about...yet almost every non-vegan person I know who gave it a try was not impressed at all. Too salty, not enough flavor, and too expensive, seemed to be the most common complaints. All the items on the menu had ridiculous pretentious hippie names too. I went there twice (the second time only because I was with others who wanted to try it) and never went back.

That looks amazing, like most Indian food. Most vegan food I've had pales in comparison though.

Strange really, there are a couple of places in Glasgow which do either vegan (or vegetarian) food, and I remember being drat impressed by how good it was - best damned butternut squash soup I ever had. Pricey, though.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I do remember a work colleague who had a pie-making machine, i.e. you make up the dough fill up the mould, add whatever filling you want, and it'd bake the pastry to perfection.

Of course, with such a device, there'd always be a bit of pastry overspill. So one day, he decided to take the pastry overspill, and make a pie-pie. Or so he claimed, since he had no pictures (this was in the days before instigram).

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Looks like something poorly cooked with red cabbage.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I thought for a second that the white stuff was WAY too much mayo - but if it's a good bean stew and not white bread, I could see that being damned good eatin'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

Seriously, who makes Shredded carrots?

French style green beans are bad enough.

Shredded carrots are good.

When you then pickle them along with some cabbage.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Speaking as someone from Scotland, I now need to kill someone.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Tortellini pizza? Definitely would, no questions asked.

Eh... the pasta'd need to be cooked appropriately before I'd consider that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Happy Valentines day, goons.

Eh, I made stuffed hearts wrapped in bacon for Valentine's day. They looked only slightly better than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You know, I really wonder who the first person was that looked at a sea urchin and thought - 'yep, I'd like to eat that'.

• Locked thread