Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

PubicMice posted:

You know what the big difference between bugs and shellfish is?

A lifetime of being told that one is vermin and the other is food.

Yes, logically insects are a great source of protein and have other things going for them as a food stuff, but (in the US at least) people are taught from a very young age that bugs are not food. People in this thread acting weirded out that a group of people who have been taught that "bugs!=food" dont find bugs appealing are either being intentionally dense or are genuinely stupid.

That's also the reason why when I was overseas I'd just order whatever looked good without trying to get a translation. I've eaten and enjoyed things that I never would have eaten if I had known what was in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Tiggum posted:

If there's food in front of you that looks, smells and tastes good, but learning what it is makes you not eat it, you are a child. Either literally or figuratively.

Good thing I never said that then, you presumptive asshat.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

bamhand posted:

Pizza has a ton of bad carbs unless you get some special flour for the dough. It's like eating white bread with some veggies and cheese added. It's not AWFUL for you but far from good.

Please tell us more about ~bad carbs~:allears:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

insanely bad turds

ar... are there good turds:ohdear:

• Locked thread