Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

tribbledirigible posted:

So that's what happened to Birdie.

Pickle Rolls

This has to be a midwest creation. I can picture them on a platter right next to hot dish.

For those who don't know, "Hot Dish" is a casserole native to Minnesota that generally includes tater tots and chipped beef. It looks like the vomit of someone who just ate at a prison mess hall. Every time I've had it, it's either really undercooked, burned, or both, so I assume that's traditional. It's also something made in massive quantities, like in giant aluminum turkey trays and then dropped off at the houses of people you pretend to like, but secretly want to die young of congestive heart failure.

Here's a hot dish variety that is "healthy" because it includes lovely canned green beans:

It's best eaten with one of Minnesota's famous "salads" that include ingredients like jello mixed with mayonnaise by the pound, and which universally resemble the pinkish-yellow arterial plaque that coroners squeeze out of obese smokers' carotids like toothpaste. Minnesota is an entire state of people with the culinary talents and tastes of grade-school cafeteria workers. Practically everything from the internet classic, The Gallery of Regrettable food, is still served in Minnesota, where it's 1953 forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Cream-of-Plenty indeed!

Now then, this is "kroppkaka", a south-east swedish dish I just can't stand:

Essentially, it's pork with some (bland) spices wrapped in a ball of mashed potato, all of which is then boiled and served with (lots of) melted butter and lingonberry jam. Doesn't sound too bad (minus that lake of butter), but I have never tried one where the mashed outer layer wasn't just bland and the pork core a rubbery, weird-tasting mess. It might not rank up there with the insects and what have you, but it is still a travesty to do to pork and potatoes...

Doesn't help that it was commonly served as school lunch down here back when I went to school, meaning it wasn't just the above but also produced in bulk as quickly and cheaply as possible. :argh:

Sounds like some Polish/Lithuanian cross contamination. Only they would serve it with cottage cheese on the side, for some god-forsaken reason.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

pentyne posted:

Is there a name for that?

- Nacho chips
- Hard boiled eggs
- Sour cream?
- peach slices
- velveeta
- baby carrots

I'm thinking "canned food plate casserole"

"Prevomit"

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

JacquelineDempsey posted:

This entire instagram/twitter:

https://instagram.com/cookingforbae/

It's so chockablock full of horror, I can't even pick one. Just go look.

Mother of god.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

I call this one "Catpan Breakfast"

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

This is some very fancy Cheetos mac and cheese

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

ErIog posted:

5th Annual Minnesota Delegation Hotdish Competition:

You too can feel like you've just eaten a casserole with the density of a neutron star.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'd never heard of rum ham, and I live just miles from the Ham Capital of the US. Google seems to be telling me that it's an Always Sunny joke (I've never watched the show). Soooo... IS it actually a real thing, or are people inventing/making it because it's a funny thing from that show, like a Flaming Moe?

Also, my mocha cake (chocolate cake made with Kahlua + more Kahlua in the frosting) is the best drink you can eat. :colbert:

I don't know why anyone would think that rum ham was anything but horrible, given the other foods Always Sunny has given us, such as milk steak, denim chicken, whatever cat food with glue is called, muscle milk, bagged spaghetti, or, this thing, the grilled charlie:

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

death .cab for qt posted:

Masao sought therapy and got into a better home after they condemned his old one (for good reason) and IIRC went back and did a few last episodes with it before taking care of it.

He has a nice new place because he's a lawyer, oddly enough.

Does he practice regular law or bird law?

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

PubicMice posted:

there are no hot dog rules you goddamn hot dog hitler

Is this guy eating hotdogs on a bathroom floor?

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

beato posted:

Hot Dogs:

Leave it to Seattle to serve a bratwurst and call it a hot dog, letting the yuppies up there pretend that they're slumming.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

This is like something from a 1950s popsci magazine about "The Future". In the future, people will eat delicious robot diarrhea.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

This is what happens when you steam hotdogs to excess:

Here's a palate cleanser. Frozen pizza, couple of greens, and jizzy ranch.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Roro posted:

You people are far too forgiving of pizzas. Here, have another one to drool over.

Eventually, we'll have pizza topped with pizza-topped pizza.

It's rare to catch a pizza right in the middle of asexual budding. Noting the grease pools, this slice was seconds away from detaching its young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

cash crab posted:

I have a bunch of pictures of my boyfriend chasing after geese on the island; because they didn't attack him, I don't think he believes me that they are dangerous.

content:

There's something that really offends me about chicken skin that's been boiled. No amount of sauce can cover up that awful fat flap.

Anyway here's either someone's risotto or homemade wall putty.

• Locked thread