Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Has anyone mentioned Goetta yet?

It comes in Tubes:

And it looks like this when cooked:

It's a food that's unique to the Cincinnati area, and everyone who was born and raised here loves it. I'm a transplant so when someone convinced me it was good I blindly believed them and well, it wasn't. Not to mentioned apparently the only thing you do with it is fry it :confused:

While we're on strange regional foods of Cincinnati, there's Cincinnati Chili:

I had heard the concept of it years ago before moving here as just topping your spaghetti with chili. Which is decent in practice where you have real chili (meat and/or beans). Cincinnati has a strange mutant tradition of chili, it's the bean style, but there are odd spices in it, including chocolate, and the whole thing just tastes off. Of course everyone who's lived their whole life around here loves this poo poo. Skyline, Goldstar, and a couple other brands will also sell cans of the stuff in major food retailers. You can also find Skyline branded shredded cheese, hot sauce, and strangest of all reheat ready spaghetti.

The local coneys don't look too terrible, but they also use the same goddamn chili, so they of course are also off:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I found out yesterday I work less than a mile from the plant that makes that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OctoberBlues posted:

It almost looks like... doritos crust.

It's probably "buffalo" flavored

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pastry of the Year posted:

I won't lie, that mac and cheese has a wonderful color.

It makes me want to take a stab at creating some buffalo mac and cheese

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arivia posted:

My mother is making Cincinnati chili for dinner tonight. We live in Southern Ontario, and have never had it before. She's even putting in the cinnamon and cocoa. This is going to be interesting. I will post pictures.

:rip:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I moved to Cincinnati 3 years ago, and I still can't bring myself to try Cincinnati Chili.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

They definitely have. I've seen caffeinated cheese, popcorn, jelly beans, chips, chocolate, and the list just goes on and on for like a mile.

Hell, they've been selling caffeinated soaps and other beauty products for years now.

You can buy caffeinated gum off Amazon. It was really nice for boring afternoons at work before I got my insomnia under control.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nascardad posted:

Very sad pancakes

I mean, yeah "buttery spread" is pretty sad, but what is wrong with the pancakes themselves other than lighting?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Glumslinger posted:

I want to buy one of these for a white elephant exchange.

I like the way you think :evilbuddy:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sanguinary Novel posted:

I feel really bad for the photographers for these books. "You're a food photographer? Great! I need you to make this jizzed on food look fresh and delicious!" Granted, it's probably not real jizz, but some poor sap had to figure this out.

I'm honestly curious as to how much is required for these things. Like how much fapping will I need to do to have a full cocktail party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cash crab posted:

Choice Chops wants you to know we have meat. Just meat. Stop asking if we have anything else!

Cupcake vodka tastes good though :confused:

• Locked thread