Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

Bugs are actually really good for you and some of them taste fine too. The problem is trying to make them look appetizing, which is basically impossible.

It also doesn't help that a poo poo load of people are squeamish and think bugs are icky. A lot of them are mostly sugar so they can become candy. Chocolate-covered ants are pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
A lot of places also just poach the eggs instead of cooking them or something. I've done convenience store and restaurant work and I think there was like one place that didn't have a poacher. The disc with a rim of white and yellow in the middle can be easily achieved by an egg poacher and the things are easy to run. Just crack some eggs, put them in the circles, and turn the thing on. Give it a bit and hey poached eggs! Slap it on an English muffing with a sausage disc and some cheese and there you go, breakfast sandwiches.

I have to kind of wonder if that egg log was just the parts of the egg poached. One thing the places often did was just poach all the eggs in the morning in one go and refrigerate them. They kept for a while and could be reheated pretty easily without affecting how they tasted. Not like anybody cared much, it was quick and easy food on the way to work and tasted better than death.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Pomp posted:

what part of the country do you live in where chinese takeout isn't amazing?

I can't imagine an area where all of the Chinese food is bad. When I lived in a county of like 56,000 people there was still like seven Chinese places, only one of which was bad. If one is bad you have like at least six other choices, probably within walking distance.

Though the best one was extremely not authentic Chinese food that was Americanized to hell and back by the Vietnamese people that ran the place. They made the best General Tso's I have ever had.

• Locked thread