Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Is....is that toothpaste??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Low Desert Punk posted:

Dinty Moore Beef Stew looks and smells like actual dog food, but I'd be a liar if I said I haven't eaten my fair share of it.

I loved that poo poo as a kid. I still eat it once in a while, it's like a disgusting trip down memory lane.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
LA beast is an entertaining dude.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Frozen veggies can taste pretty good if properly steamed.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

The Ferret King posted:

This speaks heavily to my bias in what I was fed growing up. But, in my experience, canned corn was superior to frozen. Canned green beans were ok, frozen had fresher texture but a squeakiness when chewing.

Canned Peas = Horrid

Canned Spinach = Horrid

Canned peas are grey-green mushy satan droppings.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

No no, chipoltee

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't prefer blue or super rare steaks, but I don't begrudge people for liking meat to their preference; I just get weirded out when people buy relatively expensive cuts and blast them to hell.

You should try some sous vide steaks if you want easy mode steak doneness. Hot water at temp, glowing hot pan, and a cheap propane torch form the hardware store, and you can get some really superbly finished meats, including medium-rare pork chops and chicken breast you can cut with the side of a fork, with minimal meat myth bullshittery.

SORRY FOR THE SOUS VIDE DERAIL I AM SORRY IN ADVANCE PLEASE DO NOT ATTACK ME FOR CHALLENGING YOUR GREAT GRANDPAPPY'S MEAT RECIPE

'Medium rare' isn't really a thing in pork, there is a minimum internal temperature you need to cook pork to. If comparing, it's much closer to medium to medium-well in color, with just the slightest pink tinge still inside. I feel really sorry for all you weirdos who need a machine and water to cook your food for you.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fo3 posted:

In Australia we get this cool salted spreadable butter from NZ http://www.mainland.com.au/cheese-products/buttersoft/
It loving rocks, way better than any aussie or euro spreadable butter.
I only use regular unsalted aussie or euro butter in block/stick form for cooking.

Why do you need special butter, why can't you just use a butter dish like a civilized country?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Do these people not realize that anything pizza flavored tastes like total rear end?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

death .cab for qt posted:

And it absorbed so much alcohol that it was basically inedible.

They start that way.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

You take a can of tuna fish
You make some mac & cheese
You dump a can of peas on top
You mix it up
'Sgood

Tuna mac with peas is the poo poo, especially with some onion. Got a little of everything if you're broke and need to stretch your budget.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

pookel posted:

This is the current menu of my uncle's pizza restaurant, for anyone curious about American pizza menus: http://www.hideawaypizza.com/menu.php

He bought it in the '60s (maybe early '70s) and it was a hole-in-the-wall joint with excellent food for a long time. Bit more mainstream now, but still independent and not fast-foody. Sorry about the blaring colors (supposed to be an homage to the restaurant's hippie tie-dye days). Example for those too lazy to click:

These are the best pizza places, all the chains in america suck rear end.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rollersnake posted:

Despite not categorically hating it myself, I think all of America can agree that St. Louis has the worst style of American pizza. Super-thin crust

But actual thing crust properly cooked is how pizza is supposed to be and actually really loving good?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really interested in where 'down here' is that didn't have regular tortillas.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Well yeah but just because nobody's mentioned Fazoli's yet. I ate there once for lunch because I was in a hurry and starving and it was the closest thing to me and my meal tasted like apartheid

It's generic pasta and sauce. It's absolutely low tier but far from some travesty. It's mostly the same as olive garden but less pretentious.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Skinny King Pimp posted:

Yeah, false morels are not great to eat and you can even get sick from cooking them in some cases. What you want to eat are regular morels and they look pretty weird I guess.

But they're loving amazing. I miss being able to get them locally.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Picnic Princess posted:

And the meat has to be ground and have that 'taco seasoning' spice blend that I've never tasted in any food in Mexico.

Yes, cumin, onion, garlic and peppers are never used in mexican cooking.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Code Jockey posted:

That is because LA Beast rules

Seriously, he is impressive.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Skinny King Pimp posted:

How have you people never heard of granitas or vodka watermelons?

Granitas are just frozen ice italian style, and vodka watermelon is for trailer trash.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Just because idiots add alcohol to it doesn't mean it's a common alcoholic food.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

death .cab for qt posted:

I thought it was a joke until I saw the Sambuca Adventure video where he basically admits his alcoholism while walking through snow to a liquor store in order to get Sambuca

Seriously his place is nasty and I can't imagine living like that for years for a 'joke.'

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

I don't think you get the thread.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Railing Kill posted:

American Cheese is real cheese that just sucks at being cheese. It is bland and smooth and is a great alternative to other soft cheeses if there is literally no other cheese anywhere.

Kraft Cheese is sold in slices, but is not real cheese. It is basically solidified nacho cheese, but tastes about the same as American Cheese. Unlike American Cheese, though, it has the texture of eating plastic.

:patriot:

Kraft Singles are American "cheese" and no it's not real cheese it's cheese product. There's not actually enough cheese in it to legally call it cheese.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

fliptophead posted:

Why did they grill them?

Why.

Isn't that a toaster oven? Maybe they lost the little tray.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Verisimilidude posted:

Can anyone explain why the logo for this uses a burger bun? A satanic burger bun at that.

I think this is the most important question anyone's asked in this thread.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Yellow mustard sucks but spicy brown/dijon is good on certain items.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Tiggum posted:

They're normal hot dogs, so yes? What do you think hot dogs should look like?

Well they aren't naturally that red so not like that. Natural casing hot dogs can be 'regular' colored.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

BillyJoeBob posted:

Yo I heard people talking about hot dogs. I saw a bilboard for this driving home today.

The "Most American Thickburger"

Yeah I saw that yesterday. gently caress that looks gross.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

pienipple posted:

American cheese exists because it's great on sandwiches and is actual cheese, not pasteurized processed cheese food subsitute.

Why do you idiots keep saying this? No it is not. Kraft singles are american cheese. American cheese is a "cheese product." Stop trying to defend trash food. There are legal definitions from the government about what constitutes american cheese.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Double wrong, Dots are the poo poo.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

stuxracer posted:

We don't have Hardees, but Carls Jr is usually the same things and they have it. I want to be the most American I can be.

Also, if you go make sure you pick up one of these

God that hostess poo poo is bad enough by itself. That nasty waxy "chocolate" coating is disgusting.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't do it for this thread but I did try that jalapeņo popper burger Carl's Jr makes. It was pretty underwhelming.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

drrockso20 posted:

I thought it was decent, but if I were to have it again I'd have them hold on the raw Jalapeno slices

Yeah I took most of mine off, it was just way too much jalapeņo flavor going on, wasn't even that spicy.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

EZipperelli posted:

Would. Every which way but off.

That with some homemade tomato bisque would be so drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god is that Xenomorph soup?

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Come to Canada. We have pot pies, shepherd's pie, and tourtiere.

Michigan (at least northern Michigan) has pasties which are loving amazing.

big mean giraffe has a new favorite as of 05:56 on Jun 22, 2015

• Locked thread