Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

It looks like a winter Toque. This pleases me.

Its called a hat you syrup swilling Canadian bastard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I thought that they were a reference to some japanese tv duo. Like Mighty Boosh or something like that.

Guy LeDouche?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Time to go buy a sushi mat I guess.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's like that live frog dish, but with a donkey. Not gonna lie, I'd try it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Midniter posted:

How does one eat the yolk without breaking it, perchance?

Swallow the whole thing at once. Like a pelican.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's scrub level rum hamming though. The secret is to cook it in a crock pot for like 8 hours o low heat in the rum. Sure it still has that gross burn, but it breaks the meat down so that more of the rum can soak in and mingle with the ham.

still tastes like garbage. Just better garbage.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Read em and weep:

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/restaurants/ranking-the-new-chicago-cubs-stadium-food

This is from last year, but it was such a hit I think you can get all of them all this season now. Bow down to the Chicago Master Race of Hot Dog Recipes!

\/\/\/\/ Even better! \/\/\/\/

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 20:19 on May 26, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssSSSSSSSSSS! A French Fry Hot Dog Fortress!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hey, he's not being the Hot Dog Hitler, Chicago is. That is their one rule, accepted by all the residents of that weird and terrible place. They can define their salad on a bun however they like.

Chicago is a magical place that gave the world the brownie, Twinkies, Cracker Jacks, Italian beef, jibaritos, introduced the gyro to the US, and Lou Malnati's pizza. It is a pillar of all that is good and right in this world. Not to mention we're always near the top in murders. Year after year! :smug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thats relish? It looks like creamed corn. Fried hot dogs are amazing though. I had one with a bunch of red onions and Boss Sauce thrown on it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pookel posted:

Best way to cook a hot dog:

And you really need to set it on fire at least once while cooking.

This gal knows whats up. Serve those fuckers as black as night and just slightly too hot to eat! Chased with a semi-cold beer that's been floating in melted ice for hours. Preferably while sitting on a tree stump just a little too close to the fire. Summer rules.

Edit: sorry! Fixed your gender.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 04:40 on May 28, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

Real best way to cook hot dogs

We used to cook everything on a Pizzaz. I onetime cooked a burger and tater tots on it. Ah, to be young again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Samizdata posted:

Right! Our great^x-grandchilden may inherit a hellish wasteland with toxic air, barren soil, and devoid of metals and fossil fuels, but I want to make sure they can still get a decent pizza...

If you want to visualize the future, imagine.....Phoenix, only they somehow got decent pizza.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Remember the horrible crazy sounding pizzas from the show? Yeah, so does this guy.

http://cinemassacre.com/2011/05/19/tmnt-pizza-taste-test/

I think this video is hilarious.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

S'mores are actually pretty crap,

S'mores are delicious and fun to make because chocolate gets everywhere.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I know lots of couples that have done this (Midwestern U.S.). I always wonder if when that year goes by and they dig it out and it's freezerburnt to hell, they actually choke it down or just laugh about how silly the tradition is and trash it.

It used to be done to show opulence and wealth. Back in the 1800's when it was hard to keep things fresh and near impossible to keep things frozen for a year, rich couples would do this as a way of showing off. The tradition held and now its just silly since nearly everyone has the ability to freeze things for long periods of time. Its the same as the jello trend of the 40's. Used to be hard to make jello stuff since it required a lot of meat and cold, so once everyone could do it you saw tons and tons of disgusting recipes.

This is all total bullshit as far as I know, but it sounds plausible right?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I have had 2 bites of fruitcake my entire life. Once when I was 8 at my grandmother's for Xmas. It was horrible. And the last time at my then girlfriend's house because, "You may think you don't like fruitcake, but that's because you haven't had my mom's! It's amazing! Trust me, just try it! My whole family loves it!" It was just as bad. Fruitcake should be banished from this earth. Why couldn't Hitler have done something constructive and direct his hatred towards that?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd take the skunk spray honestly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like tossing a little bit of super dark chocolate into coffee. But like sitting down and eating a bar if it sounds a little gross.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Data Graham posted:

This, but with this:

Pure crystalline citric acid :whatup:

Gonna change every salt shaker in a restaurant with this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pentyne posted:

Probably why Fuddruckers ended up going bankrupt.

Fuddruckers aren't around anymore? I remember they used to have like sides of beef hanging in their windows and you could put whatever the hell you wanted on the burger. I liked that place.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Plinkey posted:

They are, they got hit hard by the recession, closed a bunch of locations and sold off the company to someone else in 2011 I think. As far as I know they still do the fixin's bar thing...which I also liked, mostly because I could get like a pound of pickles to eat with my burger.

Ok good. I know there's none around me, but I one time made a burger with like half a pound of jalapeños, red onions, and pickles and it was simultaneously the best and worst my breathe has ever smelled.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One of those popular dessert pasta dishes. Like chocolate spaghetti or manicotti stuffed with chopped up Hostess Cupcakes.

aaaaaand a quick google search:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Oh no you did not just say that :argh:

OK, lets all calm down. He obviously just forgot about frozen pizza and eggs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

thetechnoloser posted:

What the gently caress. Found on my FB feed with the caption "Dinner's served."

Guess you've never been to a good old fashioned New England hot dog boil.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

A New England boiled dinner is corned beef, brisket, or ham, with potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. No corn, shrimp, or sausage (and definitely no sad hot dogs).

We used to make this all the time with kielbasa.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kakairo posted:

So the plating isn't great on these, but what's wrong with them?

Strange, the plates look like the most appetizing part of those pics to me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

That looks like a real....

:siren:Dogs BreakfastDinner:siren:

:downsrim:

I'll just show myself out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

cash crab posted:

Squirrel. The middle one is some kind of fried fat... thing. Chicken fat, I think?

e:

The carrots make it healthy. Like a Happy Meal at McDonalds.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Buy all the cups then sell them outside for $1 each.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

"Ugh, mom, stop trying to put lettuce on my sandwiches!"

[opens sandwich to reveal horrifying mayo-slathered clown face]

Hahaha! Your mom loves you!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fluffy cookies? Gross. You serve me a fluffy chocolate chip cookie and I'll serve you a knuckle sandwich.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't stop laughing at this for some reason.

edit:
figured it out. It's because they still put the powdered sugar on it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This was...better than the main dining hall? The gently caress were they serving, I wonder? Slices of white bread marinated in warm, week-old fryer grease? Slices of hotdog mixed with unmelted government cheese and overcooked penne?

What, you've never seen a chili egg before? How do you think chili reproduce?

I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but I always just assumed that chili had live young like most other stews.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

There's a reasonable low calorie compromise.

Try Coke Zero.

Did....did they plug their Coke Zero into the wall or something? Does that make it stronger?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

cash crab posted:

:3: Baby squid.

A squidlette?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zedprime posted:

Unfinished sous vide pics could feed this thread for a while. I don't have any hot leads on a source though it took a few minutes on google to find this looker:

Are they cutting it on a drift wood cutting board?! The hell is up with all those pock marks? Salmonella pits?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zedprime posted:

And why sear? People are used to a crunchy surface on roasts, but that's based on real roasting. They're also used to overcooked meat, and that's one thing we want to get rid of. In addition, searing the outside can overcook part of the roast. So, until proof of the contrary, I'm not browning what comes out of the cooker,

Why not sear it first and then throw it into the garbage bag floating in hot water to finish it off?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Dude you need to post the title, too:

This dude/chick is my hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

WHAT IS ANYTHING

Looks like a traditional banana/veggie loaf burger with pineapple fries to me.

• Locked thread