Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Trick Question posted:

CITY ELF
FEMALE
FIGHTER
NEUTRAL EVIL

For maximum Kill Billitude.We had a really good reason for killing at first, but then it turned out it was actually pretty fun, so let's murder our way to social status.

This.

THIS.

OH GOD THIS.

EDIT: [While it was spoiler tagged, removed line to be safe]

If this goes the distance (I'm pulling for you), will this go into DA2?

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

DA 2 is basically a completely separate and terrible game though.

DA2 was an ok game. The problem was that Bioware got lazy and didn't have the decency to cover it up. Then they made matters worse by treating us like idiots and pretend that our perception was wrong... almost like the Mass Effect 3 "the ending was a work of art" fiasco.

I enjoyed DA2. It did things that I wished DA:I did (Faster paced combat, easier inventory management and the ability to be a complete jerk and STILL romance whomever you want are the ones I miss the most) but it could've been so much better.

Brunom1 posted:

Human
Female
Warrior/Sword & Shield
Neutral-Good

Leather and Mage hats look stooooooopid - be a stupid, proud tank! :black101:

Human Noble also had some hidden content PLUS possibly has the biggest link to the main plot of the game. If Female City Elf wasn't so badass, I'd vote that. Noble is my second favorite, followed closely by Dwarf Noble.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Inferior posted:

And the winner is... Chaotic Good Female Dwarf Noble Rogue. And we'll also be an archer, because who doesn't think of archery when they think of dwarves? Um.

Update tomorrow.

:tinfoil:

Can't be mad at this. Dwarf Noble origin is awesome with plenty of reasons either to be a saint or a jerk in the main game. Can't wait for this to get started.

Random question: Chaotic Good would mean that the Warden and the chantry/templars won't be seeing eye to eye, right?

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Oh yeah, I'm going to enjoy reading through this.

Zanziabar posted:

Thoroughly enjoyable update. Dare I ask why we did not ask for compensation for siding with a scholar of all people over a noble?

We're Chaotic Good, remember? We could care less about personal gain, especially if it's a burden for the innocent (the scholar did nothing wrong, he was just doing his job).

There are some choices down the line that have in interesting consequences for being Chaotic Good (though some won't matter since we're picking those choices probably). Those moments will be interesting.

Also, that's a cute looking dwarf, though I suspect she's one of the defaults. :p

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Aces High posted:

boy you better be doing what everyone should do at the Proving

...die with honor? :p

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Trian must die... if for no other than for him being an A-hole.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Normally, Zevran would get the vote.

But most lets plays of DA:O with a woman character romances Zevran or Alistair. With good reason mind you, but it's a bit tiresome.

Leliana.

Raygereio posted:

Leliana!
Bianca also has voices telling her to kill people. It will be a match made in heaven.

Also this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

If we were a Human Rogue I'd vote for Alistair because the Alistair romance ties into a unique option Human Noblewomen have in the late game if their Cunning is high enough. But we're not, so I won't. If you're not a Human Noblewoman the only two good reasons to romance Alistair are 1) because he's your type and 2) because you're a completionist.

If you are referring to what I think you're referring to, then there is also something you can do that is quite evil as well, which involves romancing him. It has a unique dialogue and most people miss it.

It's quite satisfying for players who do evil runs... though it requires being nice to Alistair in the beginning. :p