Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

im pooping! posted:

i guess i never noticed the game performing poorly so never used it but im probably either a moron or in a very tiny minority of players, probably the former

Did you ever get to blight town or the hydra with crystalmen fight? Those were the signature "game slows to a crawl and whoops if you looked at stuff at the wrong angle you're in single digit FPS" for the console versions at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

I didn't really have a problem with this on the console version.

Blight Town wasn't as bad as the swamp area from Demon's Souls where there were a few unavoidable fps drops, but there were quite a few trouble spots along the upper areas where you could see the way down that you had to be careful about angle.

The hydra was only an issue if you left the crystalmen up and the game rendered their attacks at the same time as the Hydra's. Usually if you hung back the hydra would just murder them as they all trundled towards you through its attack- but I've seen folks rush the hydra and get nailed by lovely frame rates.

On the topic of actual From trolling, I did like the Demon's Soul's monk boss-fight gimmick.

So in the Souls series you would use different items to do PvP or help players co-op. Well on one of the maps setting down the helpful beacon to try and co-op had a chance of summoning you to be the level boss and help defeat other players.
The summoning message is the same and it seems just like you're popping up to help the other player until it spawns the different animation and you're now red and black instead of a white friendly ghost waiting for the player to enter the boss room.
The other cool part is the gimmick behind that boss is it's a dead monk in an elaborate orange robe that wraps around the summoned guy's head and mind-controls them, shooting out fireballs at the player who you inadvertently invaded. If you help the boss I believe 3 times (it might've just been once and win) you get to keep the dorky hat as an equipable item, but it doesn't shoot fireballs anymore.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nuebot posted:

I immediately thought of another boss and I can't remember what game it's from but it's like that. A centipede made out of other enemies and whenever you beat one the others behind it would fall off and start roaming the stage making it a pain in the rear end to kill the boss because you'd either have to stop and kill the others while the boss did its thing, or try to ignore them while killing the boss. So it should be like that.

Was it Centipede?

• Locked thread