Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Cleretic posted:

Garry's Mod has an anti-piracy 'bug' where the game will declare itself to be 'unable to shade polygon normals', in an error message that also includes the user's Steam ID. Anybody asking about this bug not only outed themselves as a pirate, but made it very specifically clear who they were when they did it.

That is a cool idea and I hope other games have similar tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Speaking of bad game design - any game which "cheats" in order to force you to play the game exactly how the designers intend you to, grinds my goat. e.g. in some games like Call of Duty, they have a system in place to stop the player just running past all the enemies, whereby they will just "fake" a fatal shot to come from nowhere and kill the player.

In the middle of a battlefield this won't look out of place, but it often happens in areas where you know full well that no enemy could have line-of-sight to the player.

• Locked thread