Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I would do Zodiac Tournament, especially since it gives you a nice bit of Triad Experience and that one Muay Thai elbow drop move you get at the end of the bottom Triad skill tree doesn't get enough love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Other things they changed includes the textures in the stalls in that marketplace back in North Point. That first guy you get protection money now sells tablets and phones to modernize and there's a stall in the original that sparsely sold bras and other undergarments that still sells the same stuff, but has way more of it in the updated version.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Just sent Frid the last Wei'v file for the LP. :v:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Great Joe posted:

Just sent Frid the last Wei'v file for the LP. :v:

:negative:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

All packed up nicely in anywei.7z :v:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Great Joe posted:

All packed up nicely in anywei.7z :v:
Wei to go! :v:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Wait yeah that's it, it was wei2go.7z

Man, how could I forget?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
karaoke doesnt have go your own wei, 0/10

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

karaoke doesnt have go your own wei, 0/10

It's my wei or the high wei, baby.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Oh hey it's time to post the update, what's been going on in my thr- :golfclap:

:frogsiren: Episode 30: Cleanup Part Two is now live, again with JossiRossi! :frogsiren:

James Rossi and I finish cleaning up the cop missions and jade statues with Wei in preparation for the endgame, which is coming up fast. Only one DLC stands in our way!

While I'm updating, I'll be working on the police documents later this week, and I've got a lot of the Alien stuff I haven't put in the thread yet, so if anyone's interested in those they're coming. :buddy:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

[18:48:21] Chocolate "Fridurmus" Donuts: JOE
[18:48:25] Chocolate "Fridurmus" Donuts: WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY THREAD
[18:48:42] bible corn: im sorry
[18:49:14] Chocolate "Fridurmus" Donuts: u h*cked up

Guess I just got Wei too into it. Sorry.

chinchilla
May 1, 2010

In their native habitat, chinchillas live in burrows or crevices in rocks. They are agile jumpers and can jump up to 6 ft (1.8 m).
Dude don't worry, your thread will get back on track. Just weit and see.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

These puns are just getting Weird.

chinchilla
May 1, 2010

In their native habitat, chinchillas live in burrows or crevices in rocks. They are agile jumpers and can jump up to 6 ft (1.8 m).
That one's kind of a stretch. I think we might be taking this wei too far.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

your really gonna make us weid through all these lovely posts huh

Trigramatic
Feb 5, 2010
If this keeps up, we'll have to rename the thread Probe Wei Shen.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Trigramatic posted:

people shouldn't be probated, ever, imho

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Don't lose your wei, shen.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Using "Wei" to replace "Way" 100 times isn't being clever! :colbert:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

This post was worth the Weit. :c00lbutt:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

JossiRossi posted:

Wei have to do something weile wei weit for the next update.

Please help me.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

The mahjong poker table is another place where my game tends to mess up. There are a couple spots in the game where the light effects can be blinding during the day, and this consistently happens when I go to play poker, meaning I can't actually see my hand. Thankfully you have to lose anyway, and money's not really important if you have the DLC.

chinchilla
May 1, 2010

Trigramatic posted:

this one's my favorite

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Great Joe posted:

[18:48:21] Chocolate "Fridurmus" Donuts: JOE
[18:48:25] Chocolate "Fridurmus" Donuts: WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY THREAD
[18:48:42] bible corn: im sorry
[18:49:14] Chocolate "Fridurmus" Donuts: u h*cked up

Guess I just got Wei too into it. Sorry.

chinchilla posted:

Dude don't worry, your thread will get back on track. Just weit and see.

Great Joe posted:

These puns are just getting Weird.

chinchilla posted:

That one's kind of a stretch. I think we might be taking this wei too far.

corn in the bible posted:

your really gonna make us weid through all these lovely posts huh

Trigramatic posted:

Nalesh posted:

Don't lose your wei, shen.

Great Joe posted:

This post was worth the Weit. :c00lbutt:

Golden Goat posted:

Wei have to do something weile wei weit for the next update.

Please help me.

I'm editing the last set of videos right now, so hold onto your butts.

E: Here we gooooo

Fridurmus fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 27, 2015

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Not sure if ya'll are particularly into it, but I'm going live with the last Alien: Isolation stream before switching to Hitbox: http://twitch.tv/fridurmus

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

As long as nobody's posting anyway, it's :frogsiren:Update Day!:frogsiren:

Video 31: I Spy, where Great Joe rejoins me for the first part of the Wheels of Fury DLC!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
How does Wei know who that guy is again?

jaydee864
Aug 15, 2010

Life is such a drag when the whole world's falling apart
I like how they spread out the upgrades over the course of several missions rather than just giving you the whole thing up front. It really lets you get used to what you've got at your disposal.

I also like to think that the concept for this DLC was, "How can we make the car version of Wei Shen?"

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

paragon1 posted:

He's in a few of the face missions that you can get around the time Uncle Po gets hospitalized.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

jaydee864 posted:

I like how they spread out the upgrades over the course of several missions rather than just giving you the whole thing up front. It really lets you get used to what you've got at your disposal.

I also like to think that the concept for this DLC was, "How can we make the car version of Wei Shen?"

Personally I loved the fact you could take this car into some of the race missions once you have it; I rather suck at racing in these games, so it was terribly cathartic to absolutely blow the poo poo out of everybody else with gunfire and win by being the only surviving racer. Let's see five of you zoom past me when I get hung up on terrain NOW motherfuckers... :black101:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

paragon1 posted:

He shouldn't, because Fridurmus hasn't done his face missions on camera yet. Mostly because they're not as good as they could be.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Great Joe posted:

He shouldn't, because Fridurmus hasn't done his face missions on camera yet. Mostly because they're not as good as they could be.

I'll show them off at some point, probably when I do the cleanup stream. His missions, like all face missions, follow a specific formula: in this case, you're given one of the less-great cars in the game each time, and must follow a moving series of checkpoints throughout town (implied to be a traveling GPS tracker).

By the way, while I don't have the police documents updated yet (they're quite a lot of manual transcribing) I did get the Alien stream up to date in the OP, complete with names for each segment. They follow a theme! :buddy:

Should have an announcement sometime soon, also. Don't hold your breath, 'soon' means maybe this weekend.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I like to think Wei just knows everybody cause he's a undercover cop and has files on them all and is just being really suspicious around everybody. He is an ace undercover cop.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Fridurmus posted:

By the way, while I don't have the police documents updated yet (they're quite a lot of manual transcribing)

Capture2Text was recently recommended in the LP Sandbox thread - it's a program that can copy text in a screenshot to your clipboard. It's worth a shot if nothing else.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

S.D. posted:

Capture2Text was recently recommended in the LP Sandbox thread - it's a program that can copy text in a screenshot to your clipboard. It's worth a shot if nothing else.

:aaaaa:

Yes, this. This is exactly what I need. Thank you!

Golden Goat posted:

I like to think Wei just knows everybody cause he's a undercover cop and has files on them all and is just being really suspicious around everybody. He is an ace undercover cop.

Yeah, 'undercover' 'cop'.

By the way, it's Update Day once again!

:frogsiren:Episode 32, where Joe and I complete THE CAR and demonstrate it to great effect.

Next week's update schedule will be a little different. Expect news on that by this weekend! :buddy:

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Audio balancing is a bit weird. There are several times I can't hear you or you guest over the gunfire.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

cokerpilot posted:

Audio balancing is a bit weird. There are several times I can't hear you or you guest over the gunfire.

Huh. I'll fix it and have a reupload by tomorrow night, then. Thanks for letting me know. :negative:

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
I'm crazy in love with this game and have made a video.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I love everything that this thread produces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This video is great, you are great, this thread is great.

• Locked thread